Eye Masters / Negligent Doctors

1 Rosenberg, TX, United States Review updated:

On January 9, 2009, I had an eye exam performed by Hang Nguyen at your Rosenberg, Texas location. Based on the exam results which were related to me verbally by Dr. Nguyen, I was under the assumption that my eyes were healthy and that I had no concerns other than the beginning of cataracts. I was not provided with any written results just a new prescription. After the exam, I purchased new glasses at the same facility.

On September 28, 2010, I went to Dr. Anderson in Las Cruces, NM for a routine eye exam. It was determined from the exam that I had “Anatomically Narrow Angles” in both eyes. This was detected by his optometrist and then confirmed by Dr. Anderson. Because there was no elevation in the eye pressure at that time, Dr. Anderson thought there were no other issues, therefore he recommended laser surgery on both eye.

On October 6th, he performed a “laser peripheral iridotomy” on my right eye.
On October 18th he performed a laser peripheral iridotomy on my left eye. This procedure was done to eliminate any possibility of an “acute narrow angle attack”.

In order to provide Dr. Anderson the results of my last eye exam, I called Eye Masters and asked them to give me the results of the pressure tests that had done in January 2009. The results of the pressure readings taken at that time are as follows:

Left - 20/24/29
Right - 22/26/23

The office also mailed the full results of all test performed during that exam.

Now, one would think that pressure readings like this would have sent up a “red” flag and been shared with the patient and that the doctor would have recommended that I follow up with an appointment with an Ophthalmologist as soon as possible. This did not happen. Dr. Nguyen did not mention anything other than the beginning of cataracts.

With this history in hand and a sudden increase in pressure after the laser surgery, the doctor determined that I had “narrow (closed) angle glaucoma” and the condition had been present at least since January 2009.

Not being told about the high pressure in both eyes and the need to see an ophthalmologist could have caused me to have an “acute closed angle attack” and I could have lost my eyesight.

I want everyone to know the risks involved in relying on the doctors at Eye Masters. I would hate to see anyone lose their eyesight because of the negligence of the doctors at Eye Masters.

Comments

• En
      13th of Feb, 2011
    Eye Masters - Stay away
    Eye Masters

I visited Eye Masters in hopes of getting a good deal and my glasses within a week as promised. The deal I got was not a deal and the glasses have taken 2 weeks already. I have called the store everyday since day seven and can only seem to speak to incompetent order takers that can not answer the question of when my glasses will be in. I stopped by the store at day ten as they were closing and was told my glasses were in and I could pick them up the following day only to be told they werent in yet. I would not and will not go back to Eye Masters. I will tell everyone I know not to go to Eye Masters.

• Am
      9th of Mar, 2011

dishonest, ripoff, poor customer service, discrimination