Eye Love Photography / One year and a half later and no wedding albums!

1 eyelovephoto@aol.comPalm Harbor, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 727.388.2643

When we hired this photographer Michelle, she showed us great samples of her work and beautiful wedding coffee table books with high quality. The reason why we decided on her, was for the quality of the pictures and the creativity of picture taking! She wanted to be paid up front, which we paid in full $3, 500 before ever receiving our books. ONE YEAR and a half later and still no wedding coffee table books from her, prepared in Italy!! We did manage to receive the pictures on CD, and viewed what the wedding books may look like. I was completely disappointed, the style and their quality were completely different from what she showed us. The pictures were dark, some grainy, and not photoshop. We got to exchange a few calls and emails on editing and corrections for an additional price of $150.00. It got to the point where it was so frustrating and taking so long we decided on a final look even though she never did comply with any corrections just moved some pictures around or to a different page of the book. I made several attempts over the phone to find out the status of these Italy made books, and all I did received was excuses after excuses and promises that I will be receiving them. Her first excuse was, that she could not obtain a status because the company from Italy were on vacation. Then she had to reorder the books because the transaction never went through, and a confirmation takes five days and additional 12 to 18 weeks for the process. On her last communication with me, she had mentioned that I was not the only one waiting on Wedding books. Currently she is not taking or returning any phone calls. This has been the worst experience and customer service I ever receive from a deceiving photographer!! BE AWARE! Not reliable! Not professional! STAY AWAY..

Comments

• Ka
      25th of Sep, 2009

I completely 110% agree with you! I got married in November on 2008 and now we are at the end of September 2009 and I do not have my wedding albums either! I loved how her photographs came out, but when it came to actually putting the album together, it never happened. She finally sent me a proof of the album in the beginning of July, but I was very disappointed in it. I sent her a reply with the corrections I wanted made. She told me to call so that we could talk about it and she never picked up. I have left messages and emails and no response. Recently Michelle's website was taken down and now you can only see the pictures that she has taken at photoreflect.com and her office phone has been disconnected. Michelle asked to be paid in full prior to the wedding and that was done, and now almost a year later, I still do not have the storybook album I paid for or the 2 parent album replicas. Terrible experience! Do not go to EvelovePhotography or Michelle Cantley for your photography!

• Mi
      12th of Oct, 2009

Trying to be honest and trying desperately to get this fixed.

Copy of letters I sent to a few of my clients:

Letter 1:

Due to the terrible state of the economy and the decline of the photographic industry in general, I have not had many new bookings in over 9 months.

Photography is the only "job" I had ever had. I tried to make a new business in advertising, but failed. Just so you know, I spent none of your money on that.

The money I had stored away for clients' books has been dwindled away on rent, food, utilities, and the like for the past many months. It has been a matter of survival for me, literally.

(I kept borrowing from those funds, meaning every time to pay it back, but failed to do so.)

Things were so bad at one point, that I even considered suicide. (my brother killed himself in April, and that made things even worse for me)

Thankfully, I found a job just 3 weeks ago. I now work for a window company, setting appointments over the phone for $8.50 an hour, 28 hours a week. This does not even cover my car payment. I am on food stamps now and am trying to find a second job to cover my car payment and insurance.

I closed EyeLove because I knew that my unhappy clients would see to its demise anyway. I do not know how I am going to repay you or my other clients.

The book portion of your contract amounts to about $***, after the design fee I charged. I can provide you with the image files of the design, but have no clue how I am going to get the book printed. I just don't have it.

I had tried to "hold you off" with excuses, while desperately trying to find a solution to this situation, but have been able to find no solution. My intention was and still is to provide all my clients with their books, but at this point, I have pretty much given up hope. I have always kept my word, up until the past several months, and am devastated over this.

I am not insensitive to the importance of your wedding book, believe me. Quite the opposite is true, and that is why I have been incommunicado. What do I say? How do I say it?

I am deeply sorry for not telling you about this sooner and even more sorry that I cannot fulfill my obligation to you at this time.

I have about 10 clients, altogether, that are waiting for books, and I am without a plan.

I can say that you will get your book. I just don't know when.

If you have any ideas as to how I can come up with the money to get your books printed, please let me know, as I have been trying to figure that one out for months and months, with no success.

Out of words and excuses.

Michelle

Letter 2:

EyeLove, LLC has no assets or anything to lien against, nor do I have anything personally.

I am working only 28 hours a week for $8.50 an hour, which doesn't even cover all of my monthly bills. I am trying to find a second job, just so I can pay my car payment and insurance. I am even on the verge of having my car repossessed, which I owe more on than it is worth.

I am trying to figure out a way to come up with the funds for your album and have every intention on fulfilling my obligations. It is just going to take a while.

Taking me to court is not going to get your album done. It is just going to make it harder.

Given that I have no assets or property, it will just end up costing you money.

I can provide you with the designed album page files, which you can have printed on your own. I can also provide you with the full-resolution files of all your wedding photos with full copyright release.

I don't know if this helps or not, but it is the best I can do right now.

Chelle

Letter 3:

Rest assured, I am not taking new clients.

The wedding I shot last week, and the few I will be shooting between now and April 2010 were all booked long before this problem arose.

They were also paid in advance at the time of booking with no albums included.

As far as a refund, I just don't have the funds right now, or I would have already had your album printed.

I want so badly to print everyone's books, but it just isn't possible right now.

I don't know if this helps or not, but it is the best I can do right now.

Chelle

• Ab
      5th of Nov, 2009

Michele-

This is Dustin and Sarah. You are doing our wedding April 3, 2010. We have an appointment to shoot our engagement pics this this Saturday, November 7th, but I can't get a hold of you - again.

We are really concerned Michele. I do care about your situation, and honestly hate to see anyone go through difficult times. Yet at the same time, it's extremely unprofessional to not have a working number where we can reach you; this is a number you recently gave us that you said would work.

We paid you $750. I don't mean this to be harsh, but you aren't the only one going through rough economic times. Please call us. You have our number.

Dustin and Sarah

• Ab
      7th of Nov, 2009

Michele-

Thank you for calling today. Apparently it was a miscommunication and we didn't have your correct number. I apologize, for this appears to be my fault. For those reading, please disregard the previous post.

We'll contact you soon regarding an appointment time.

Thanks,
    Dustin and Sarah

• Je
      21st of Dec, 2009

This situation sucks for pretty much everyone involved. I feel compelled to share, however, the fact that my husband and I were one of the couples who had paid a long time ago in advance for photography of our wedding on November 15, 2009, and though Michelle is under quite a bit of pressure b/c of all of this (and believe me, I can completely sympathize w/ the 10 couples, too...like I said, it sucks for everyone), she DID come to our wedding, she DID take awesome photos and helped direct the events as they came, and she DID send me the CD of all images w/ copyright release that I contracted for. And she never brought any of this up. I would never have known if I hadn't visited her site again on a whim.

According to her website, Michelle is taking new clients ONLY on these "image only" cases. That way she is only being paid for her time and expertise, and the money is to go directly toward getting these albums printed. Again, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have been married a year and a half and still have never gotten the photo package you paid for in advance, but I think it's also got to be very hard and overwhelming to face the sort of frustration and anger that was the understandable result of being unable to furnish them. I think it speaks to Michelle's character that she IS still trying to honor her committments and not just throwing in the towel in the face of all of this.

And the bottom line is that she IS a good photographer...she got some really great candid shots at my wedding and covered every moment. I would urge couples looking only for what we were - a solid 4-hour block with only the Photo CD - to book her. I sincerely hope that this works out well for everyone involved.

- Jean Clayton-Rana

• Jk
      4th of Jan, 2010

I agree with Jean and Sarah... Michelle took AMAZING photos of our destination wedding. Most importantly... she was a pleasure to pose for and got along well with the guests.

I'm EXTREMELY picky about photographers and having my photo taken and Michelle was FANTASTIC and AMAZING and WONDERFUL and VERY VERY PROFESSIONAL at the wedding.

Her style is fresh and bright and she captured some truly beautiful moments that will live forever. She made me look as beautiful as I felt which has never happened before or since. Even though it was gray and rainy on our day, Michelle's creativity and skill SAVED THE DAY.

Though we also had trouble with the actual album, the DVD with the photos arrived two weeks after the wedding and the high quality of the photography FAR eclipsed any problems we had. It is the raw images that you want to be of the best quality, then you can have them printed anyway you like.

I will choose Michelle for every photo need in the future. Her personality and professionalism at the shoot were worth EVERY PENNY that we paid.

J.Rogers

• Sc
      12th of Nov, 2010

Hello,

I received Michelle's information from a friend this Spring. Michelle did her pictures back in 2007 and they were amazing and she spoke so highly of her. She was under the name "Pulse Photography" not "Eye Love." I noticed that the paypal receipt is for "Eye Love." We are getting ready to make our second and final payment, and I decided to google "Eye Love" because I thought it was strange.

Have any of these issues been rectified?

Scarlett & Ken

• Mi
      2nd of May, 2011

Michele - While understand your current financial situation has not been "no desireable" for sometime now. Please provide us with a way to locate or contact you. Our wedding was May 10, 2010 and we still have not received any form of commuication from you regarding our photo album that was confirmed and paid for in advance per our contract. We feel like you robbed us of our money, and you own it to your clients to make things right. We are extremely disapointed that this complaint board is the only we found out about your situation. You DID NOT email or contact us with your situation. Had you done so, we may have been a bit more understanding. Two years later and we still do not have a Wedding Photo Album that was paid for in advance. Michele - please post here how you can be reached.

Michelle & Joe