Eye Glasses eyebuydirect.com / Bad Customer Experience

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

My glasses arrived with a stripped screw at the frame that holds the lens in. I called them, they said to send them back. I did, with a letter enclosed detailing my order number, address etc.

Weeks went by and multiple emails. I called, they said they had no record of my call. They said they don't have my glasses and can I provide verification of delivery. I called again and spoke to someone else who said they actually don't keep anything they receive back and donate it all away.

I keep explaining I received them broken, wanted them repaired and being new to wearing glasses I actually had no idea that a local optomotrist's office would have / could have fixed them quickly and for free!

Instead they keep denying anything saying there are no notations in my file stating I called, they cannot locate the glasses and I need to provide them with receipt verification. IN OTHER WORDS -- prove it and we'll do something otherwise TOOO BAD!

So, like running into a brick wall I keep emaling them, and I keep getting back the same garbage template email from them and ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE
in fact, DON'T CALL THEM BECAUSE THEY HANG UP ON YOU AND THEN DIRECT YOUR CALLS TO VOICE MAIL AFTER THAT. THE ONLY WAY TO GET THROUGH IS TO USE CALLED ID BLOCKED OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

EMAILS ----THEY LATER SAY THEY DIDN'T GET AND THAT THEY MUST HAVE WENT TO THEIR SPAM FOLDER.

THESE ARE ASIANS OPERATING WITH A LOW LEVEL OF TRUST FOR PEOPLE, I THINK THEY ARE NOT EVEN IN THIS COUNTRY AND SEEM TO ENJOY PLAYING PETTY RIP OFF GAMES RATHER THAN ACTUALLY BUILDING CUSTOMER LOYALTY.

I'M OUT MY MONEY, DID'T EVEN WEAR MY GLASSES ONCE!
THEY SAY PROVE WE GOT IT!

SOOO BUYER BEWARE!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM .. I SUSPECT THEY'LL BE CAGEY.

Comments

• La
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Received an order from them with a problem and all was taken care of right away. They did however inform me to provide them with a Tracking Number on the item I returned and I did just that. Perhaps you did not follow the instructions - did you read their return policy? Should be there. Am happy on my purchase, especially since I saved over $300 from buying glasses from Lens Crafters...

• Su
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Where are they really?

This is what the website says:
    US Mail: 5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy, Unit 400, Ontario, California 91764 United States

Registrant:

Bethesda, Maryland 20814
    301-760-7870

• Gl
      20th of May, 2010

I have to agree with most of the negative comments posted on this website about eyebuydirect. My order is now about two months late and all I get from them is nonsensical stories like "the post office returned your package as (a) you gave us the wrong address, or (b) the postal rates changed and we did not have enough stamps on it, and (c) we did ship your order but our shipping department cannot confirm this" etc etc etc ad infinitum. I have asked for a full refund but they have not given me a single penny.

A totally unreliable group of uncoordinated scammers that loe and deny everything. They just have a very impressive front end on their website and their prices are a lot worse than many other competitive eye glass makers.

Stay away if you have any sense whatsoever!

• Gl
      20th of May, 2010

Correct!

• Ey
      4th of Aug, 2010

I've had my own NIGHTMARE experience with EyeBuyDirect. STAY AWAY!

If they will not give you a refund, you can always issue a "chargeback" by disputing through your credit card company.

• Ek
      27th of Jan, 2011

What a bunch of crooks. I ordered glasses over a month ago. No glasses. After about 10 emails checking to see where they were, I called them. It sounded like a sweatshop...I could barely hear the representative for all the noise in the background. She told me the problem was that they couldn't get the polycarbonate lenses I ordered to meet their "quality standards". She suggested changing to plastic lenses. I reluctantly agreed (they will scratch). Now, over a week later, still no glasses. Do NOT buy from these people.!

• Vi
      27th of Jul, 2012

I am having a problem with this company - and after reading these I wish I had diligently reviewed them first. My husband is much more accepting of less than quality frames so has liked them for the third time now. I used them for the first time and ordered progressives - no line. They are not even usable by my standards and they say I should have ordered Progressive Free Form-never heard of them before. I said OK - I will exchange - which would cost me $20/pair plus two way shipping - total of $60ish! I said I shouldn't have to pay a restock fee as they can just put the lenses in my glasses. After discussing at length I have been HUNG UP ON 2X!!! I couldn't believe it - if the going gets tough they just hang up on you - and I feel very sorry for the people on the other end that have been instructed to do so. Very sorry for them - only trying to make a living and making them cold heartless rude people. My saga is ongoing...I do not recommend them. I have used Zenni before and never EVER had a problem - I should not have switched and will go back!

5th of Aug, 2013

I agree with the others this company is bad news! I also ordered progressives that were useless unless I was in direct sunlight. They said that they would replace them with a pair of tinted lenses. I returned them via their instructions which cost me $15. When I received the replacements they turned out to be just a pair of plain glasses with no tinting at all! I called and they said that they would issue a refund but that I had to return the glasses to them. I asked if they could send a prepaid envelope since this was their mistake and they should pay the postage. I was told that they didn't do this. In fact, the conversation became very unpleasant due to the fact that the representative wouldn't let me talk and then said he would get back to me and hung up. You guessed it, that's a call that never happened and I even called asking to speak to a supervisor and yet again, another call I won't be getting!