Exxon On the Run / Lack of customer service

5875 Essen LaneBaton Rouge, LA, United States Review updated:
I went in to purchase a few items at around 7pm tonight. When I walked in the door there was extremely loud rap music playing to the point that I couldn't even concentrate on what I was doing. There were two female employees working. One of the employees was dancing behind the counter and the other was talking to a friend. When I got to the counter the employees were so busy talking to each other that they didn't even notice I walked up. One of the employees started checking me out while continuing her conversation, when I asked for a pack of cigarettes the employee never even acknowledge that I said anything. She never said how are you, how can I help you, do you need anything else, how would you like to pay, etc. She never spoke a word to me and if I recall correctly I don't even think she looked at me. This has happened on more than one occassion with the night shift employees. I have also seen most of them on their cell phones the entire time they are checking customers out. I have worked in customer service for 8 years, so I understand the field of work very well. These workers need serious customer service training!
Th

Comments

Re
  20th of Jan, 2009
you are 100% correct about the employees at this location..it doesn't matter what shift it is either..the (night) asst. mrg. Rodrick got in a verbal argument with the person with me Sunday night..he called her a name that could have probably had him arrested..what he called her was like him being called the N word..I just made a long post on the Yahoo site about the incident..we had been on the road for 12 hrs. and stopped on the way to the house to fill the truck up..gone for 9 days 700 miles from home and NEVER one problem sith NO ONE..get back to my home town and have to put up with this..
Ka
  24th of Nov, 2011
Since when do emplyees post a sign and close the store dor a shift change? We stopped and waites for more than five minutes whike the two ladies behind the counter chit chatted eventually taking a seat while at least five customers walked away from the locked door. We also took our business to the station across the road.