Extreme Supplements / Bad service

United States Review updated:

I ordered weight loss and health package products back in February 2007. All supplements evidently originating from Onojoshi, Fukuoka, Japan received from this online agency do not, for one, have validity dates on them.

First off, I used a weight loss package and hardly saw any positive result whatsoever. It is dubious whether it is safe, having no adequate precautionary information with it.

Since supplements usually last at least as long as a year, around a year later, my wife and I tried a 'health package' powder mix and we both immediately became ill, regurgitated, etc...

I wrote 'Extreme Supplements' Customer Service (Angelica Muvelena) enquiring about the validity dates of the products we had purchased. I confess I should have asked earlier, but anyway, I received no answer to my question. Actually, several times I have written complaints with no answer.

Based just on the fact that they would not even be able to tell me the validity dates of their products, I would not trust any other ones we had in store. So I ended up loosing around $100, 00, and they are evidently unwilling to reimburse me at all even though my wife and my health was damaged by one of their products.

Extremely disappointing!
Va

Comments

An
  12th of Oct, 2008
Just check this out from Better Business Bureau (this 'business' has got an F rating):

Pi
  10th of Jun, 2009
Fully agreed! They are the biggest crooks. They claimed they are selling at wholesale prices.
Never buy anything from them.

Extreme Supplements also operates under another name called Worldwide Supplements.

I bought AAKG from Worldwide Supplements, as below:

I wish to lodge a complaint against a Health Supplement company whose name and address is as below:
Angelica Muvelena
Customer Service Department
Worldwide Supplements
Website: http://www.Worldwide-Supplements.com
E-mail: info@worldwide-supplements.com
Phone: (+1) 561.626.4787
Fax: (+1) 561.691.0161

I discovered through this BBB site's telephone search that this company also operates under another name called "Extreme Supplements" The website of Extreme Supplements looks similar to that of Worldwide Supplements, and have identical phone numbers. But both their sites leave no physical address.

This company poses a great health threat to unwary consumers by selling online unknown contents claimed to be health supplements. From all my almost 3 months of dealing with them, and my personal observations and evidences, this company is a scam.

Sometime in mid March 2009 I ordered 3 bottles of AAKG (L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutamate)online from Worldwide Supplements.

I received the products eventually, but I found that the content net weight was only about 145 gms instead of 300 gms as labeled.

The content texture looks like dry white salt crystals.

I emailed and called the company on repeated failed attempts. After threatening the company to report to the relevant authorities, Angelica finally responded by email and claimed that the shortage of net weight was due to evaporation caused by extreme heat.

After many emails to present my argument that there's no way for a product that's in grainy crystal texture to lose half the weight due to heat without lumping, they eventually changed their story and claimed that they could have sent me the wrong size, as they have two sizes. Although the label was labeled 300 gms and I received only 145 gms, I gave them the benefit of doubt, since they finally agreed to compensate me with another 3 bottles to cover the weight shortage.

I did not receive their 3 bottles replacement, and after almost a month and many more followed-up emails and phone calls, they claimed that they did send and the package could have been lost. They then promised to resend after my repeated threats to lodge a complaint to the relevant authorities.

Last week, I finally received the replacements, but to my shock when I opened the bottles I found that the texture is now completely different from the previous. The new content is now in creamy milk powder texture. The difference is so obvious. While the previous was like dry white salt crystal, this is now like creamy milk powder.

I emailed and called Angelica (the person who always gave me out-of-line kind of arguments and excuses right from the beginning when the weight went wrong). After a few days, she responded by email telling me that the previous bottles were evaporated thus became white crystal, and the new ones have just been freshly packed, thus they are in creamy powder form.

Obviously she was telling me a lie. Either they have erroneously or intentionally packed a different product to send me, OR they could have been doing this kind of thing to every other online buyer by sending them anything but the real product they claimed to be.

After several unanswered calls I finally spoke to another person called Steve. At first he tried explaining that the new packs are now another different form of AAKG, different from the previous, thus the texture is different.

When I told him that what Angelica told me was a different story, he tried making another B.S. story. I told him whatever he has to explain I want it in writing. He told me he will email me. But two days passed, and I heard nothing.

This morning I called and Steve answered the phone. I asked about the email he had promised to send me. He simply told me that what Angelica had emailed me earlier was correct, and refused to entertain me further.

From all the events occurred and the unscientific stories and lies they told to cover themselves up, this company not only cheats their customers of money, they are posing great health threats to global netizens who bought their products.

I have just lodged a complaint to the FDA, hoping that they will promptly act to investigate on the company.

I hope BBB will also promptly make this known to the public after investigation to bring them to books, to prevent others from being scammed by this company, who operates under two different names.

Thank you.

Singapore 458556

wealth007@gmai
Gy
  19th of Mar, 2010
I totally agree. This company is a scam. I just ordered 1 bottle of Pure AAKG and 1 bottle of Yohimbe. The total came to $38.90. However, they charged my credit card $79.90 and NEVER before that or after, sent they me ANY e-mail confirmation. After numerous e-mails, which led to no resolution, I called them and finally - after many days of trying - they picked up the phone and "Steve" simply called me an idiot...!!!

The woman who sent me e-mails is called Sandra Kaselean.
E-mail address:info@internationalsupplements.com. Phone 1-565-626-4787.

To date I have not received any merchandise, I have not recieved a refund for the overcharge. I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY'S FRAUD DEPARTMENT AND I AM IN THE PROCESS TO HAVE THE CHARGES REVERSED. I also called the BBB and am attempting to locate the local Chamber of Commerce and file complaints there, as well.

These people and this "company" are completly fraudelent and Sandra/Anglica and Steve should be in jail.

Bro.Gyuri
Fa
  12th of May, 2010
Extreme Supplements or International Supplements is an absolute scam company.
The product I ordered (zinc & beta-glucan powder) was not the one sent (instead received beta-glucan & echinacea capsules). I also ordered GABA which was a strange texture as described in other postings. Gave it a shot and it made me horribly ill so never took again. A short time later I found out I was pregnant then shortly after that miscarriage. The foetus died virtually the exact time I tried the GABA.
I returned products after many complaint emails and attempts to get their return address. I directly asked if I would just be throwing good money after bad to pay return postage. Assured to return for refund. Did so. Needless to say, still no refund and no replies to emails. This has cost me over Aus$100.
Vi
  14th of May, 2010
Well I noticed that I didn't recieve any confirmation and there were no testemonials (which is weird) and the overcharged but I think I'm pretty much screwed as far as this thing goes. I didn't research this before I purchased but I will from now on. Lesson Learned.
Al
  4th of Sep, 2010
I like reading the forums and internet reviews on supplement companies because I make quite a few supplement purchases from the internet (it's usually much cheaper online versus making in-store purchases). Reading website reviews is typically quite entertaining, and the reviews on ExtremeSupplements didn't dissapoint in the entertainment department. I've bought from this company twice after a college friend of mine recommended the company. In all honesty, I didn't have any issues with the company, and my friend said he got pretty good results from their products. The 1st complaint is from a guy who bought his products in February 2007, yet his complaint was written on 10-21-2008. Who writes a complaint over a year and a half later?? The 2nd complaint from Singapore is long enough to be somebody's life story (who on earth spends half an hour writing a review?). The third complaint says that "Steve picked up the phone and called me an idiot". Okay seriously, that complaint does not make any sense at all. I could care less about ExtremeSupplements, but I think anyone reading these complaints should find them more entertaining than factual.
St
  3rd of Feb, 2011
Wow. Can it be any more obvious that the last post was clearly the owner of the company pretending to be someone else. What do you think we are stupid Anthony?
St
  3rd of Feb, 2011
If you have any comments or questions, we can be reached at:2290 casa bella court lv, nv 89117.
We look forward to your visit and our facilities are available for viewing.
Steve
internationalsupplements.com
An
  4th of Feb, 2011
stan3789,
come and see me in las vegas i got a surprise for you.
anthony schell

Fu
  3rd of Apr, 2011
lol anthony schell.. what a piece of [censor]. i hope you and ur family get kidnapped and then tortured.. raped, then killed
Be
  23rd of May, 2011
woldwide supplements i placed an order was charged double the amount not received order and now been told i have not giventhe right email address dgwilkinson@yahoo.co.uk
Mo
  14th of Jul, 2011

Extreme Supplements - Non-receipts of supplements ordered
Federal University of Technology, Yola
Nigeria

I ORDERED AND PAYED FOR SUPPLEMENTS WORTH 219.65USD. I WAS TOLD THAT MY SUPPLEMENT SHALL REACH ME BEFORE THE 06/06/2011. TILL NOW I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING. WHAT IS HAPPENING.
Re
  7th of Sep, 2011
Anthony Schell you are one piece of ###, have you seen your ugly mug shot on the internet you rip off fk'in stalker!!! & as for that ### Michelle Kaplinger & the rest of shonky rip off staff that work for you. You should be ashamed of yourself & dont worry karma will get you back for all the lies & deceit & ripping off innocent peoples money. So obvious allison bergan & Steve on this blog works for you, the whole lot of you make me sick with all the rip off stories reported on the net. One lady had a miscarriage after taken the ### you sell, you are poisoning people & have killed an unborn child you ###...have you no fk'in moral of course not cause you are ### of the earth. You ripped me off & im lodging a complain & making sure my bank reverses the charges. Hope you rot in hell & you are going to receive alot of BAD LUCK coming your way, its guaranteed you piece of ###!