Extreme PC Gear / Bad service

1 United States

STAY AWAY!

What a ripoff. Worst buying experience I've had in 10+ years of buying online. Wish I'd checked their rating here first.

I ordered a Hard Drive from them. It was advertised as IBM / Hitachi 400GB (HDS724040KLAT80) Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM w/8MB Buffer Hard Drive: 0A33409 / 0A30228 / 0A30230 (OEM, Factory Sealed)

They shipped me a similar, but not the exact drive. It's not compatible with my system.

Anyway, stuff happens. People make mistakes, no problem. I asked them to ship me the correct drive.

I opened an RMA saying I ordered an HDS72404KLAT80, and you shipped me a different drive (a HDT7250).

What happened next should be nothing short of illegal.

First up, they changed their website, removing the HDS72404KLAT80 model number from the product.

If you're reading this review within a week or so of September 11 2008, you can see the change they made here because Google still has the old one cached.

Before:

After:

Look just under where it says Regular Price. One minute it's a HDS7240 drive, and then, oh no! What happened? No it isn't a HDS7240 at all! It's obviously morphed into a completely different drive!

Now, what would they have said to someone who wasn't technical enough to pull a copy of their page from the Google cache? Perhaps something like 'No, we didn't advertise the wrong product' - no returns? Maybe.

Underhanded. At best. Fraudulent? Perhaps.

They are demanding I pay shipping costs to return the drive that wasn't actually the drive I ordered and they want a 15% restocking fee to boot!

Needless to say, my credit card company has been informed.

And if they don't come pick up their drive, I'm going to smash it into a thousand pieces.

Maybe I'll make a video and put it on YouTube with their site in the background.

Ur