Extreme Fitness / Registration scam

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I think I see a pattern here.

DO NOT fill out those stupid ballots - there IS no prize. EVERYBODY wins '2nd prize', and when you invariably discover you've been scammed, they will very conveniently tell you that the representative who signed you up and lied to your face 'no longer works there'.

I 'collected my prize' at the Yonge & Dundas location from a rep named Brooks, and gave them my credit card info ONLY after I made Brooks take me through the ENTIRE contract and made him guarantee MULTIPLE times that I could cancel the contract at any time with 2 weeks written notice.
As it turned out, my new residence and the company where I started working both had on-site fitness centres, so after about a month (I hadn't had time to use the gym even once at that point), I went in with my written notice to cancel my membership - note that this was ONE month into my 4 free months.
I was directed to the manager, Alex Kumar, who told me that I was actually locked into paying $125/month after my 4 months was up, for the remaining 8 months of the year. He was extremely rude, and clearly trying to intimidate me, and kept saying, "You SIGNED a contract, it's legally binding". I asked to speak to Brooks, and was informed, surprise surprise, that HE NO LONGER WORKED THERE.
At that point, I asked them to pull up my contract to look at, and they said their computer system didn't run on weekends (?!) . I went back three days later, and Alex, once again, said that their system was down. At that point, I lost my temper a bit and told them I would instruct my credit card company not to authorize any payments to Extreme Fitness. I also said that I thought their whole 'contest' was a scam and a rip-off. At that point, Alex magically snapped into action (maybe it was due to the fact that the office was busy with a bunch of other 'contest winners' who were there to collect their prizes). Within seconds, he pulled up a scanned copy of my contract on the computer. And wouldn't you know it - my signature was nowhere on it. It was a completely different piece of paper than the one I'd signed. It then took all of ten minutes for them to cancel my membership. Just to be on the safe side, I had my credit card cancelled and replaced, so that they would not be able to sneak in any charges after terminating my account.

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2009

thanks for posting. got my free membership call and going to ignore it. just didn't sound right.

• Ko
      1st of Mar, 2012

This guy June Kim at Yonge &Dundas Toronto tried to rip me off with free trial ----but further his boss a Jew instructed him to lie to me on February 29 2012 RIP OFF

• Gr
      1st of Dec, 2012

DONT SIGN UP AT EXTREME FITNESS. I WAS CURRENTLY PAYING $42/month for the 911 services plan. DONT PAY MORE THEY WILL SCAM YOU. DEMAND THE 911 EMERGENCY PPLAN EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A 911 EMERGENCY EMPLOYEE, THEY WILL GIVE YOU IT SINCE ME AND ALL MY FRIENDS ALL GOT THIS PLAN FROM CEDARBRAE EXTREME FITNESS. WE ENDED UP CNCELLING OUR MEMBERSHIPS BECAUSE THE GYM IS VERY DIRTY, THEY SHUT THE LIGHTS OFF 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO CLOSING WHICH IS A SAFETY ISSUE, SOMEBODY SHOULD INJURE THEMSELVES ON PURPOSE WHEN THEY SHUT THE LIGHTS OFF THEN SUE THERE ###ING FACES. BASICALLY END OF STORY MY OTHER FRIEND GOT SCAMMED WITH HIS MEMBERSHIP WITH THERE CONTEST PRIZE B##LSHlT and THEN ME AND ALL MY FRIENDS DEMANDED OUR MEMBERSHIP BE CANCELLED BY ALEX KUMAR THE STUPID UGLY PAKI MANAGER THAT DOESNT KNOW HIS ### FROM HIS UGLY HEAD. HE IS SO GROSS AND UGLY LOOKING. AND ANOTHER COMPLAINT I HAVE IS ABOUT THERE PERSONAL TRAINING AT EXTREME FITNESS...DONT YOU THINK IF YOU ARE GOING TO PAY 60$ AN HOUR FOR PERSONAL TRAINING THAT YOU SHOULD BE GETTING TRAINED BY SOMEONE IN BETTER SHAPE THAN YOURSELF. ALL EXTREME FITNESS TRAINERS ARE OUT OF SHAPE SLOBS OR STEROIDED JUICEBOXES. AT CEDARBRAE ANTONIO SCALA AKA THE ITALIAN WANNABE WHO IS ACTUALLY AN UGLY EGYPTIAN WITH NO CHEST AND A DOZEN TWINKIE ROLLS UNDER HIS SHIRT WITH HIS UGLY GLASSES IS THE PERSONAL TRAINING MANAGER, U GOT TO BE [censored]ING KIDDING ME, THIS UGLY OUT-OF-SHAPE PIECE OF GARBAGE IS A TRAINING MANAGER, HE LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS A [censored]ING TRAINER. IF YOU ARE STUPID ENUF TO PAY FOR PERSONAL TRAINING AT EXTREME FITNESS, DO NOT PAY MORE THAN $20/HOUR EVEN THAT I WOULDNT PAY THEY ALL SUCK AND DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FORM, MOBILITY, NUTRITION THEY ARE ALL HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT BUMS, FOR A GYM WITH SO MANY LOCATIONS THEY HARDLY HAVE A PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATIONS OF ANY MEMBERS IT JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW STUPID THE TRAINERS AT EXTREME FITNESS ARE, , , , , , , , , , BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE DONT GET SCAMMED OUT OF PERSONAL TRAINING, THEY DO FITNESS ASSESSMENTS JUST TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE OUT OF SHAPE AND NEED TO GET A PERSONAL TRAINER DONT GET SCAMMED FROM EXTREME FITNESS, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PAID THEM, JUST CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD AND TELL THEM THEY TOLD YOU CAN CANCEL ANYTIME AND YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY WILL "CHARGEBACK" THE MONEY BACK TO YOUR CREDIT CARD. LETS ALL BE SMART AND NOT PAY EXTREME FITNESS FOR TRAINING OR EVEN GYM MEMBERSHIP, EVEN IF YOU SIGN A CONTRACT CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND REQUEST A 'CHARGEBACK' FOR BEING LIED TO, EXTREME HAS MANY COMPLAINTS AND IF YOU RECENTLY SIGNED UP YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY WONT REFUSE THE CHARGEBACK SINCE EXTREME FITNESS HAS LOTS OF CHARGEBACK SO JUST CALL YOUR BANK CREDIT CARD DEPT AND REQUEST A 'CHARGEBACK' AND YOUR BANK WILL GET THE MONEY BACK FOR YOU WITHOUT ANY ISSUES. I WORK FOR A CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND PEOPLE DO THIS ALL THE TIME, I SEE SO MANY TIMES PEOPLE CALL IN TO REQUEST A CHARGEBACK FROM EXTREME FITNESS FOR BEING LIED TO ABOUT THERE CONTRACT, DONT TRUST THEM THEY ARE ALL LIARS, LETS UNITE TOGETHER AND SHUT DOWN EXTREME FITNESS SCAMMERS

• Gr
      1st of Dec, 2012

EXTREME FITNESS IS A BIG SCAM, DONT SIGN UP THEY ALL LIE JUST TO MAKE THERE $5 COMMISSION DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING READ THE CONTRACT WORD BY WORD, THEY ARE ### DONT TRSUT ANYTHING THEY SAY TO YOU AND DONT PAY FOR PERSONAL TRAINING FROM THERE UNDER QUALIFIED PERSONAL TRAINERS WHO ONLY HAVE CAN-FIT -PRO QUALIFICATIONS AND SOME OF THEM DONT EVEN HAVE ANY QUALIFICATIONS, YOU KNOW THEY ARE DUMB ### WHEN U SEE PERSONAL TRAINERS TEACHING THE OTHER TRAINERS HOW TO TRAIN SOMEONE, YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF FOR TRAINING IF YOU PAY THEM ANY MONEY FOR TRAINING DONT BE AN IDIOT, PAY SOMEONE PRIVATELY WHO IS QUALIFIED. NO GOOD TRAINER WOULD EVER WORK FOR $15/ HOUR WHICH IS WHAT EXTREME PAY THE EMPLOYEES WHY DO U THINK THEY ARE ON THE PHONEE WHILE TRAINING PEOPLE OR U CAN TELL THEY DONT GIVE A ### ABOUT THE PERSON BEING TRAINED. TRAIN WITH A REAL TRAINER AT A PRIVATE TRAINING STUDIO AND THEN U WILL SEE WHAT DIFFERENCE THERE IS BEING TRAINED BE EXTREME FITNESS TRAINERS AND A PRIVATE TRAINING STUDIO TRAINERS. DONT BE FOOLED BY EXTREME FITNESS