Extreme Acia Berry / charged my CC without permission

1 46500 SW 51st StDavie, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-350-8480

I ordered a sample bottle for shipping and handling charges only of $3.95 to my credit card, and within two weeks they billed me $89.31 for a full bottle, saying that because I didn't call with 14 days I was obligated to pay for this bottle and they didn't accept returns. I did not authorize this charge, but they don't give a rats...I am in a dispute now with my credit card company, WaMu, and will see what they do with this. This company, is under a variety of names other than Extreme Acia Berry is 100% scam, do not order from them! Be ware! Barbara

Ba

Comments

Ju
  6th of Oct, 2008

I also tried the trial offer and have been calling the number from the website for weeks now. A recording says "hold on" and noone ever gets on the line.
I have not been able to cancel future orders. I refuse to pay the charge on my card.
Does anyone know how I can get the charge off my credit card?

Ya
  11th of Oct, 2008

File a dispute with your bank. I am trying to get my bank to put a block on before the company charges my account but they bank says they will not do anything until the charges have posted. No wonder these guys get away with stuff.

I have also tried to "cancel" within the 14 day trial period and cannot get through to the number that they provide to you.
I am going to do whatever I can to have them investigated. I will provide my phone records for proof that you cannot reach them with the number they provide.

For what it is worth, I am not stopping until this company is held accountable for this.

Good luck everyone, stick to your guns and don't let these crooks get away with this.

Jo
  31st of Oct, 2008

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE ONLY I USED MY BANK CARD INSTEAD OF MY CREDIT CARD. ANY OPTIONS ON HOW TO HANDLE IT THIS WAY? IF YOU FIND OUT HOW TO HAVE THEM INVESTIGATED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Rb
  10th of Nov, 2008

I saw it in small print, so I immediately called this morning and was able to cancel and was given a confirmation number. The number to call is 1-877-350-8480..They posted would be charged after 14 day trial, but didn't even arrive until about 3 weeks after I ordered it

Lo
  11th of Nov, 2008

i too fell for this, yes when you read the fine print accompanying the order, it tells of the enormous amount you'll pay on the next order. one thing i can suggest is to call your bank and tell them you have lost your bank card, they will immediately cancel out the card, and no other orders can be charged to it. it's worth the 7-10 day wait for a new card. i recently lost my card and had to do this, but it was a blessing in disguise. so far there are no other charges from this company. i have been trying to reach them by phone . either i get the long wait then get disconnected or tonight i did get through, but was told by some foreign speaking guy that the computers were down and he could not do anything . he told me to call back tomorrow to cancel my order. i'm hoping they cannot take anything out of my account due to the new card i now have. i may have beat them at their own game! good luck to all. i guess the old saying is true, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. p.s. all the extra junk mail i now get is due to this "survey" linked to this whole scam.

Do
  19th of Nov, 2008

I orded the trail 3.95 myself, I also sent a e-mail that same day through what I thought was customer service and canceled. The following day I recieved an e-mail telling me it was canceled. THey took out the 3.95 under fast meals, ok fine no big lose, the 2 weeks later took out 29.95 for fit-fac.com, then a week later took out 89.95 under 30 day thin easy. Not one of these said anything about Aciaberry. THis is the 19th of Novemer 08, I ordered on the 31st of October and still have not recieved a thing. I called the 29.95 number 800-660-8489. Canceled and my money will be returned in 10 days. the 30day thin refused to refund and on the second call she said if I return the bottle and provide them with a tracking number they will refund the 89.95. Phone number 877-350-8480. That is if I EVER recieve it. If not then I guess I am out the 89.95. This is the biggest rip off.
The address for them is Aciaberry Extreme 4650 sth west 51st street, Suite 2711, Davie FLorida 33314.
I am going to write a letter the florida Chamber of Commerce for that area. SCAM ! RIP OFF !

Co
  20th of Nov, 2008

1-888-771-7028 is the number that I got through to them on. I called early in the morning around 8am est and was able to get someone. I have seen multiple posts about this company and still don't understand how they are getting away with this. Hopefully that number works for you as it did for me. They gave me a cancellation number and I am awaiting credit to my bank account. They state that it can take up to 14 business days. Good luck with getting your money back!!

Cl
  28th of Nov, 2008

This company is engaged in bait and switch tactics. I have been a victim of their illegal advertising. Please let me know how to file a complaint, to what authority?

Ka
  1st of Dec, 2008
Extreme Acia Berry - Rip Off!
Extreme Acia Berry
4650 sw 51st ST, suite 711
Davie
Florida
Phone: 877-350-8480

I was inexperienced in buying products online, and was looking for a simple and inexpensive way to lose weight. I signed up for a "free trial offer" in which I only had to pay the $4.99 shipping and handling. So, I ordered the product and didnt give it a second thought. It took over a month for me to receive the pills. My boyfriend encouraged me to look at my bank account to make sure that they didnt charge me for anything else. Low and behold they charged me $89.95 for something that I didnt even order. They also signed me up for a membership to their company. They also gave my information to another company called Fit Factory, that charged me $29.99 and signed me up for a membership, this company was understanding and refunded my money. I cant say the same thing for the Acia berry company. When I called their Customer service number and argued with them for 15 minutes they told me all I had to do was send the product back to the company, with a tracking number and then call them back. Once they received their product they would put the money back into my account. Well, according to ups they got the pills back but everytime I call to give them the tracking number no one answers. The phone rings once then the line goes dead. What should I do?

El
  10th of Feb, 2009

I sent away for a sample bottle, now I am getting them monthly and cannot get them to stop.

Ma
  26th of Feb, 2009

I am having the same problem with this company, I ordered the sample bottle and called to cancel as soon as I receive the sample. To date I have three charges of $89.31 on my debit card and have not received any additional bottles. They do want to refund me my monies and claimed that I will not receive any monies back. On top of it all this company has given my card information to many other health companies (fitfactory, millenium nutrition, z health, MHP benefit plan ) and all these company have been taking money off my account ranging from $29.95 -4.51. The operators are aggressive and try to intimidate you when you call. They sell the product on- line but do not have a website for queries. The phone is on the bottle and the operators are very nasty and work hard at making you feel that the charges are your responsibility and you did not do what was in the fine print. BEWARE of The Extreme Acai berry/pure acai berry

Sw
  27th of Feb, 2009
Extreme Acia Berry - Non-cancellation
Devine Beauty Labs
4650 S.W. 51 St Suite 711
Davie
Alabama
Phone: 866-211-5883

I received the trial package, approximately 1 month later I received a 30 day bottle. I called up the company to cancel and got a cancelation number. I just
received another bottle and called the company and amazingly I talked to the
same person who said the person who took my cancelation didn't submit my
cancelation. I guess the only thing I can do is cancel my card.