Extreme Acai Berry Melt Away Tablets / refund of charges

UT, United States Review updated:
4.85
Phone: 877-350-8480
I ordered a trial bottle online and paid the 3.95 fee. I was charged 29.95 a week later and complained to the company. They refunded the 29.95 and canceled my account with them. A week later, 10-31-08, I was charged 89.31. My checking account bounced because of their charge and I received numerous overdraft fees. The people I spoke to refused to help me and hung up on me. I filed a dispute with my bank as well as the Better Business Bureau.

Comments

So
  10th of Nov, 2008
I just went to the web site to cancel and it says choose product you are cancelling and it only lists Pure Acai, not the Extreme Acai that we are talking about. When I entered my email it says doesn't recognize my email address...now what do I do?
An
  11th of Nov, 2008
Yeah, i'm in the same boat, trying to get the order canceled. What Sonya says in the reply is true for me too. I may have cancel my credit card.
Mo
  13th of Nov, 2008
I was also over charged, but don't know who to contact.. does anyone have a contact email address or phone number so I can cancel these monthly charges..
Mo
  13th of Nov, 2008
does anyone have an email address or phone number of this acaiberry company, so I can cancel these
monthly charges..?
Acai Berry
4650 SW 51st st, Bay 711
8012087485
Davie FL 33314

Which is the address on the packet
De
  14th of Nov, 2008
The problem is also the company cashed the $3.95 charge for the Trial order but waited the full 2-week period before sending the Trial. So I received the Trial AFTER the company charged me $89.31 for a full 30 day order. When I received the trial, I immediately called to cancel and was informed they already charged me for the 30-day order.

I learned my lesson and WILL NOT purchase from these people ever!
Ro
  14th of Nov, 2008
OH my I cancelled on the 14th day from my order date, not my received date and they still charged me and sent a new order. I just talked to a man named Jeffy at 1-801-528-1391. He was as nice as could be my total call and hold and talk time was 5 minutes and 38 seconds. He said they will credit my account and that they should not have charged me, to keep the pills and gave me my new refund #. Call him for help.
Gr
  17th of Nov, 2008
I am having the same problem. I just called and didn't get a damn answer. I guess will just have to go the bank that canel it. This is totally ridiculus
Na
  18th of Nov, 2008
I am in the UK and the same thing happened to me. I received the trial yesterday (which was the 14th day). I made the order on the 3rd Nov 08 and they only shipped it out 10 days later. I tried the online cancellation but it don't have the right link.
I will be pursuing this as i paid for a free trial and will not be charged for the full 30 day when i didn't even get the trial before they charged me. This makes the Terms and Conditions null and void in my view. I paid for a free trial which i did NOT get.
Na
  18th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me. I called to cancel after i saw the shipping charge on my account. I was put on hold multiple times only to be automatically hung up on. I spent 3 days trying to get ahold of someone and never spoke to a person. I cancelled my credit card right away and my credit card company credited me the shipping amount. I got a new card and was sure i was done with them... Then i noticed a charge for $118 which they had charged me the day I cancelled my card. I called my credit card company and they are going to deal with the charges because it is fraud! I recieved my first full bottle today and since they do not recieve returns i will be keeping it for myself. So everyone cancel your credit card and talk to your bank about getting a refund.

And does anyone know if they are actual acai berry pills?? (someone said they might be sugar pills)
Any results?
Tr
  18th of Nov, 2008
I have tried several times now to cancel my order with you! I am unable to get through to the number you have listed. I waited on speaker phone for 3 hours the other day! PLEASE..CANCEL MY ORDER!!!
Tracy Williams
Su
  19th of Nov, 2008
This offer is a total scam. I have tried to call for over a week and cannot get through. After being on hold for 5 minutes, i get disconnected. I have closed my credit card and am disputing the charge. I do not remember seeing any "Terms and Conditions" in that I agreed to pay $90 a month for this crap. LLesson learned. Never order from one of these sites. They do not stand behind their product.
  19th of Nov, 2008
I too had the same problem. I ordered the free trial bottle of acai berry. Three weeks later I received my free trial. Stuffed in the bottom of the envelope was this little note stating that "We want you to understand that by ordering Acai Berry, you are agreeing to receive Acai Berry for a free 14- day trial period(days of actual usage could be less depending on the shipping time) beginning on date of order. Three dollars and ninety five cents(non-refundable) for S&P. I understand that unless I cancel by calling 1-877-350-8480 with in the 14-day period, beginning on the 14th day my credit card will be automatically be charged eighty nine dollars and thirty one cents( free shipping) for a 31 day supply of Acaia Berry to be shipped to my door.
They charged me S&P the very day I ordered on line but it took them 14 days to ship it and then another week before I received them . I had no idea about any terms or conditions. I checked my credit card account and found that they had already charged me for the 31 day supply! I promptly phoned the number they gave me . It took forever to get a hold of them. They apologized for the late shipping and said to return the 31 day supply . Once they get their bottle back they would credit my account. I hope this is true. I just received the bottle today and will send it back with a tracking number.
Please note that if you sign up for any free trial of anything scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the terms and conditions that are in very fine print . You will save your self a lot of grief if you read them first before signing up . Remember nothing is free on the INTERNET!!!
Ka
  19th of Nov, 2008
I also ordered the Acai Berry pills on 10/27/08 for $3.95 S&H. I haven't received anything as of today. I have called MANY times and spoke to MANY people and keep getting the same run around. I am being lied to, hung up on and experiencing RUDE people. No one can give me any information and just keep saying either the order shipped or is pending and that they are having problems with USPS. BULL. They are scam artists and I even called them out on it and told them that I was reporting them to the BBB. The last call I made was to Hannah and I asked her for a tracking number and she gave me a number and even told me that it wasn't a REAL tracking number. They are crazy there. I finally got an address out of her that she said was the Corporate Office. It is: 4650 SW 51st Street, Ste 711 - Davie, FL 33314. Don't order from these people. My credit card said that the name of the company that charged me was SearchVitamins. They will be REPORTED. I am totally disgusted and knew that I shouldn't have done this. I cancelled my credit card before any MORE charges were put on there.
Jl
  19th of Nov, 2008
thunbs up to all these people- i live in ontario, canada and i too have been scammed by this phony company who are swindling hundreds of people out of their money with this stupid product called aci berry- i hope they get whats coming to them-what goes around comes around- DON'T mess with us...can you imagine charging peoples' account with this ridiculous amount -PLEASE everyone - don't fall for these scams by aci berry-------'.credit bureau - here we come ...thanks...
Ro
  22nd of Nov, 2008
I have it would seem joined the ranks of the scammed. As soon as I recieved the free sample I phoned my credit card supplier, cancelled my card and made a fraud complaint. What a lot of trouble when I should have realized there is no such thing as "a free lunch". I have found an e-mail address on a blog which says that it is that of Extreme Acai Berry etc and is customerservices@nubodi.com

I also understand that they trade under or with :

Acai, Nubodi, Pricelimbo, Fitfactory, as well as Acai Green tea infusion, Acai GT Blend, My VIP Fit and Your VIP Fit, Search Vitamins and god knows how many other names.

Can any one tell me what the good people in Ontario did re this scam?
Ra
  24th of Nov, 2008
fell into the same scam, supposedly 3.95, i haven't even got the product yet and i've been charged 89.31! I tried to call the number listed, but it said it was a 66 minute wait!!!
Ti
  25th of Nov, 2008
yes I got caught the same as everyone else, rang the number on packet, waited 10 mins(call from uk) and spoke to April, who gave
me cancellation number, for what that is worth, will check my bank statement very carefully.She asked WHY did I want to cancel
I said because this is a scam and you have ripped loads of people of, she then asked if I had tried the product, what a cheek!
keep trying with phone numbers listed and dont fall into the trap of, they have extended their call hours and best time to ring
is between 6pm-9pm mst, what a load of rubbish(I called at 19.50 gmt)
St
  25th of Nov, 2008
I went through the same hassles with no recourse but to cancel my credit card that this company had charged me on. I also ordered the free trial sample and did not receive it until after it was too late to cancel the next order. I was then charged $89.95 for this stuff and I called to cancel but they said they could not help me. I can think of many OTHER items I would have CHOSEN to purchase with that money. I wasn't even given a choice if I wanted this or not. They are a rip-off in the worst way!
Ja
  26th of Nov, 2008
I have to say, I agree with you all...this is a painful experience. I'm not one to get scammed typically and it really irritates me that the one thing I do decide to try ends up being a scam. Because of the way this company is handling this, it makes me think that this product is also not legit or what they say it is. They seem to time it perfectly so you receive the product exactly a day or two after your trial period has expired. Credible company's build relationships with their clients to earn their earn their business and loyalty. These guys are obviously just out to make a quick buck from as many people as possible. I do not recall any "Terms and Conditions" until I received the trial with this little piece of paper in it stating "We want you to understand that by ordering Acai Berry, you are agreeing to receive Acai Berry for a free 14-day trial period (days of availability for actual usage could be less depending on shipping time) beginning on date of order. "Nice way to try to cover their butts" Then they go on to tell you how much they will automatically charge you without your authorization! I called the number on the bottle and told them exactly how I felt as well! They didn't seem to care but did give me a cancellation #. I have already disputed the charge with my credit card company. They said I need to return the product and wait 30 days for the merchant to give me a credit. The little slip of paper also mentions that CBS News quoted how nutritious these Berries are. I wonder if CBS News would be interested in hearing our stories...Now there's a thought!!! I do plan on getting to the bottom of this as I am pissed.