Exterior Solutions - wood composite shutters / Poor quality and workmanship and horrible customer service

Jun 9, 2015
Exterior Solutions
40W142 Jack London Street St. Charles, IL 60175
St Charles
Phone: (866) 760-2846
We purchased two sets of exterior shutters from Exterior Solutions (website www.exteriorsolutions.com). I had already contacted the business and spoken with a sales associate about the shutters’ quality and material, and I was assured that the wood composite shutters were of a superior quality. We ordered the shutters and paid a total of $514.50 for two sets with primer. The shutters arrived a few weeks later with corners broken off on all but one. Also the primer was stuck to the packaging and came off the shutters in various places when we unboxed them. Our contractor inspected the shutters and informed us that they were made of very low quality material that he could best describe as compressed cardboard. He advised against installing them on our house. I inspected the shutters myself, and I found that I could break off pieces at the corner end by simply twisting the material off with my fingers. I contacted Exterior Solutions at [protected] and spoke with Ken Clark, and I expressed our disappointment with the shutters. His response was, “your contractor mishandled the shutters, ” and he also stated that there was nothing Exterior Solutions can do for us. Buyers beware.