Extended Car Warranty / SCAM - Horrible Customer Service

Advertised extended warranty for cars with high mileage count. When we called to ask specific coverage questions - we had consistent issues with the electric windows in the car - we were told there would be no problem with coverage. Our first claim came 3 months into coverage - an alternator, we also needed a new regulator for the rear window. We were told that the lifetime coverage of electrical issues was limited and the alternator repair would cover all of it. We were told that they were not responsible for what their phone personel said. They are not open nights or weekends. We have lost days without the car because they are not available for us or our mechanic to call them. When you do call during their business hours, you have to wait over 20 mins to speak to someone and often times you are disconnected before you can speak to someone. My mechanic was hung up on twice today. There is a different extension for mechanics to call - when my mechanic called to dispute their decision to decline a claim, he asked the person he was speaking to if he was a mechanic - he was told no, just an adjuster. When asked if he ever worked on the type of car I had, he said no, but he knows all about them. The ensuing conversation only proved that he knew nothing about my type of car. When both my mechanic and I tried to dispute the decline for the claim, we were told that there is no one who could reverse the decision - once made, it can't be changed. There are no supervisors to speak with and any voicemails left went unanswered. Stay away and don't be lured into subscribing to their service by their phone solicitors - they are liars!

Comments

6th of Aug, 2008
    Extended Car Warranty - Vulgar language
    Extended Car Warranty
    Rutland
    Vermont
    Phone: 802-282-4394

We live in Colorado and have been getting ongoing calls from telemarketers trying to sell us an extended car warranty. We have been getting at least 3 to 4 calls a week for the last 3 months. Lately it's been a lot more and today I had 4 calls. Every time they call I ask to have our number removed. Because I noticed we have been getting more, not less calls in the last few days, today I started asking for the name of the company. The three calls today (all starting with a recording then I have to be put on hold to wait to talk to somebody to get them to QUIT calling me) were all from the same company. The 2nd and 3rd call they said it takes 48 hours to get my number out of their system.

So tonight 8/6/08 at 7:45 p.m. Mountain time, I get a call that comes up on the caller I.D. phone # 802-282-4394 and says Rutland, Vermont. It's another Car Warranty Extension call, I have to listen to a recording, then be put on hold. When I asked the woman who finally answered what the name of the company was, she said why do you need to know that? Then she said the name of the company was "suckadick.com" and she hung up. My question is, is there any way to find out who the company is from the info I got on my caller I.D.? This is extremely upsetting to me that some crass stranger can call into the privacy of my home, insult me, and then hang up. Is there any place I can report this to?

After this call, I did register my phone number on the do not call list and discovered that it takes 31 days for that to be in place.

• Cl
      7th of Aug, 2008

These calls have been a consistent part of my day for months. This is a scam to collect personal info such as your SOCIAL, VIN, EIN, or Credit card info.

The numbers do change but the main problem is that the carrier, LEVEL 3 COMMUNICATIONS in Colorado is allowing this company to register a new number.

Call her: