Express Information Systems / unauthorized charges

This company first called me (I have no idea how they got my phone number) and offered me cheap magazine subscriptions. It sounded pretty like a pretty good deal so i signed up for it. A few months later they called me again an offered different magazines than what i was receiving, which I agreed to. BUT, they never told me that I was opening ANOTHER subscription account with them so they began charging me around $90 twice a month for magazines I never agreed for, such as Latina, and Good Housekeeping (I'm a single white male, and I'm reasonably sure that when I speak on the phone I don't sound like a Latin woman.) Now they wont let me cancel my subscription because I didn't let them know within 3 days of signing up that I wanted to cancel, which is impossible to both receive and send out a response within 3 days.

Gr

Comments

• He
      28th of Mar, 2009

I have also received this kind a problem with them without even agreeing to it and they are charging me 914.73 dollars for not paying for something that someone else has ordered under my name. This company is just robbing people and taking their money without their consent or trying to pressure them into paying their bills.

Chris
    R.S.M, CA

• Ju
      11th of Nov, 2009

damit i have so many problems with this company to i just hope u guys can help me in how to resolve it. the same problem i got, they sais i subscribe for 2 accounts and their charging me 95 dollars each month! im not paying but the late fees are going up every day, dammit i just dont know wat to do n e more.

• Ne
      14th of Nov, 2009

im also in the same situation bro. their charging me 92 dollars and late fees. and they keep refusing my cancel some one needs to shut them down seriously!!

• Tr
      9th of Apr, 2010

I've been dealing with this company for three years they refuse to send me proof of debt or the "recorded" conversation they claim to have. Every time i try to ask them about my debt they get really rude & no answers. It's illegal to charge for something if there not gonna show you proof of that debt. They keep threatening to send me to collections but they can't because it's not a proven debt. I think the best thing to do is to contact the Attorney Generals office and file a complaint and have any attorney call to request proof of debt if they can't provide it they can't charge you and may have to reimburse you for faulty charges.

• Rh
      11th of May, 2010

i agree with you all, this company called my 16 year old son and sold him a magizine and now they are charging him $700.00. I called and talked to someone and I did get to listen to the recording. You could tell that he was not 18 over the phone. The sad thing about this is that it was a supervisor that did this to him. I will not stand for this. I am strong headed and will take this to the newspaper, tv or who ever else I have to take this too. I am not sure if this will help but here are all the numbers that I have for this company. 800-701-9127, 602-801-1397, 515-369-5703. I WILL GET THIS RESOLVED so that no other child is taken advantage of.

• So
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I agree with what everyone is saying because I used to work for the company so I know first hand they operate.I winded up leaving because yes the company is a fraud they offer you a sweet deal but you just dont know what youre getting yourself into because they actually sugar coat the truth which thats very unprofessional and thats not how you gain customers, Youre actually robbing your customers then they take from people that are simgle parents people that are on disability ssi college students and people who recieve unemployment.Im glad I walked away because they have a bad reputation.

• Ha
      19th of Oct, 2010

they've always been fair with me, some companies never send the magazines. If you ordered, read your agreement letter and follow the cancellation proceedures you'll be fine. The problem is you people don't read your paperwork, decide later that you've changed your mind and expect them to just adhere to your every wish...business doesn't work like that. You can't buy a car, drive it for 4 months and expect the dealer to take it back. You said yes to the subscription, buck up, grow up and pay your bill.

• Ax
      28th of Oct, 2011

I got a call from them while I was driving. It sounded like a good deal and I agreed to subscribing to two magazines. About fifteen minutes later, I was second-guessing myself and called them back. I told them that I had a chance to think about it more and that I did not want them. They got very rude and then stated that my account was cancelled. Little did I know that, not only was my account not cancelled, but they signed me up for six other magazines including EPSN, Latina, and Bassmaster. I am a single, white woman with an interest in Literature. I am not into sports or anything. They are claiming that I signed up for all of these magazines but I KNOW that I didn't. I am desperate and do not know what to do. They want $900 from me.