Express Home Services / POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES
THIS ADVICE IS TO EDUCATE CONSUMERS ON THE POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES OF EXPRESS HOME SERVICES. MY ADVICE WILL SAVE YOU $$$$ BIG BUCKS!! IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE...ALL I CAN SAY IS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
I will break everything down very simple to understand and make this as quick and efficient as possible.
1. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. Look at there BBB Rating (Better Business Bureau) at www.bbb.org and you will see over 137 complains in the last 36 months!!!
2. GET THE SQUARE FOOTAGE IN WRITING. They will not tell you the square footage price. They make it sound like you are paying for a package deal, but that is not the case.
3. LITTLE WHITE LIES. If your carpet is on back-order, you will be told that the product (carpet, tile etc.) CAME OFF THE TRUCK DAMAGED.
4. AGAIN, CHECK THE BBB. It gives you a breakdown of the poor business practices of Express Homes Services, LLC.
5. ASK FOR A CONTRACT BREAK-DOWN. Do not sign contract until you know exactly what you are paying for!!!
6. JUST ENOUGH PRODUCT TO COMPLETE YOU HOUSE. While the Design Consultant is at your house, they will more than likely call up the main office to see if the ware house has enough product left to complete your house. Once the Design Consultant gets off the phone he will tell you they are checking stock. Then, the Design Consultant will get a call back from the office saying there is JUST ENOUGH to complete your house. This is a clever scam to get you to put money down quickly. Get a price from Home Depot, Empire Today among other various flooring companies and compare apples to apples.
7. HEFTY RESTOCKING FEE. Be prepared to pay a hefty restocking fee if you cancel within 3 days of your flooring being installed.
Trust me when I say I know how they operate. It is sad...just remember, you have been warned!