Express Fitness Centers / Unethical

6205 Coit Road,STE B, Plano, TX 75024Plano, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4088740610
Signed up for personal training sessions. Paid over $900. They were never able to find me a trainer and refuse to give me my money back. I disupted the charge with Credit Card and they lied and said they had scheduled multiple appointments with me and I cancelled--which is a lie. The corporate office will not let me speak with any managers. They don't give out names and make it as difficult as possible to file a complaint. I have never seen such a shady business.

Comments

An
  16th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Unauthorized Charges:

Express Fitness has made unauthorized charges on my card for a few months. They lie and say that I didn't send proof of cancellation when I sent multiple letters and though the issue is going to be resolved (by getting another card and sending in mountains of proof), it's just not right. Buyer beware
Jj
  17th of Aug, 2009

Express Fitness Centers - Account cancelation ignored, sent to collections
Express Fitness Centers
Pleasanton/Campbell
California

I needed a 6 month membership to their club. When I went to sign up the sales person told me that there was not a prepaid 6 month option, but that I could sign up for a month to month and fill out the cancelation forms that day with an end date 6 months later. So I signed up for a month to month membership and filled out the cancelation form. 6 months later I stopped being charged on my credit card. It has now been a year since the "end" of my account and I am being harassed (17 call today) by their collections agency. I have spoken with their corporate accounts department and they are not willing to provide me with a letter to give to the credit agencies, only a receipt for the payment of 1 full year where the service was not used.

I am calling my lawyer and will be filing a lawsuit for the charges as well as the costs associated with fixing my credit history.

Do not do business with this company. They are not ethical. There are so many complaints on the web I am surprised the FTC has not stepped in.