Expo Design Center / Beware of them

1 1051 Weyburn Avenue, Suite 101Westwood Los Angeles County, CA, United States Review updated:

We purchased top of the line hardwood flooring from Expo. Three months after they installed it, floor boards started to curve upwards. The installer claimed it was our fault and asked us to repair adjacent patio to solve problem. We did as asked, had the installer back to replace curved boards. Same problem happens immediately. We contact Customer Care of Home Depot who ordered an independent inspection of flooring which showed that the installation was faulty, resulting in the curving of the floorboards. Instead of immediately making good, Expo begged us to have another inspection since their installer had appealed the inspector's finding and was giving them trouble about compensation. We (stupidly) agreed. The second inspector skipped many of the tests the first performed and decided that the entire fault was ours, not the installers. Home Depot has offered us a 20% discount on the purchase of another floor for our room. The findings of the first inspector have been completely dismissed, and Home Depot Customer Care is not returning our calls asking for an appeal or a further consideration of the 1st inspector's findings. This seems to be when a large corporation (correctly) assumes that they have lawyers, and we don't. Now we have to badger or threaten or who knows what? In the beginning of this process, I asked for "fairness", and I have not received a drop of fairness. Be careful of Home Depot and Expo.

Va

Comments

5th of May, 2008

Better take action soon as the way things are going with Home Depot & the Expo Design Center stores, closing them and letting people go, you may be chasing a lost cause. Since you probably put out more money, than would be allowable to sue in small claims, you should get a attorney and sue. My feeling is that the Expo Store will be HISTORY here in So. Ca. by years end. Good Luck

• Da
      15th of Jul, 2008
    Expo Design Center - Deceptive installation charges
    Expo Design Center
    Manchester
    Missouri
    Phone: (636) 536-3500
    www.expo.com

Beware of install rates HOME DEPOT Expo Manchester MO. This is a bad review... My wife bought a ceiling fan a could of weeks ago and the nice salesperson said that they had installation available and would probably run around $200.00. I checked with my electrician friend and he agreed it might be high but not bad.

I thought it should be less but I agreed. My first hint that this deal was going to go bad was when they said they needed me to pay them $100.00 just for the electrician to visit the site and confirm the installation. They said the $100.00 fee would apply to the installation.

OK two + weeks later a young man shows up with little or no experience and he was dumbfounded on how to mount the ceiling fan in a vaulted ceiling. I even offered to build the wooden block and showed him how he could do the entire installation with out crawling in the attic since the switch location can be reached from a ladder under the attic access hole.

Three weeks after purchase I got the quoted price of $ 450.00 to install the fan that they said should cost $200.00 to install. When I got angry about the high cost they offered to reduce it by 10%. Now I know why they charge $ 100.00 for the quote. Only an idiot would accept it and they make money on the quote. I'm now pretty sure the store marks up the installation. I'm returning the fan and will not get my $100.00 fee back and I will never deal with EXPO again.

Be Warned. Call me if you want to confirm this information.
    David Munson
    314-369-3913

• Ex
      24th of Jan, 2009

I work at expo design center in westwood and try my best to give the worse customer service to every single customer that comes in.