Explore USA / This bogus Company offers fake $25 gift cards

Whenever you order something from a television infomercial, you get a tag on the end of your call, offering you a free trial to Explore USA or Value Plus. Just for signing up for this "free trial" you are supposed to get a $25. gift certificate. You are sent a non-existent online address to get the form for your gift card. The billing on your credit card will be real, just the $25. gift certificates are bogus. What a waste of time -canceling the stupid "services" that are probably even more bogus than the free certificate for trying the monthly services. My thanks to Elizabeth Collins, director of marketing. Are you fake, too?

Comments

• Ke
      9th of Nov, 2006
    Explore USA - Money taken from account w/o authorization

This is a petty amount, but it is still fraud and needs to be reported. Explore USA took, without authorization, $1.00 from my bank account. This account was empty at the time, resulting in an overdraft. I have no idea how they got my bank account number. A few weeks later, a very nondescript envelope came. It looked like junk mail and was nearly torn up. Now it said I was a MEMBER of this Explore USA and they were going to charge my account $19.95 per month for something. Well, they can't! I changed the debit account number. This is FRAUD, pure and simple.

• Na
      13th of Jan, 2007
    Explore USA - I was promised a gift card

Called 18004751942 and cancelled my membership.

• Na
      14th of Jan, 2007

I was told to pull up their web site to file for my gift card and their web site does not exist. Called 18004751942 and cancelled my membership.

7th of Feb, 2007

They called my work one day and offered a subscription to some magazines and said that i would be billed monthly and when my subscription was up they asked did I want to renew my subscription and I told them no and they have still been taking money out of my account b/c they have my debt card number and they have also been charging 1 dollar a lot on my account I called them today they said they would refund this months amount of money but not the rest bc they didn't show where I had cancelled my acct I told them that I have called twice on this and they said that they would send me a cancellation notice to my e-mail address and then refund this months worth of money only and so i actually cancelled my debt card that way they wouldn't be able to get to it anymore and I still haven't received an e-mail and they still haven't refunded my money. I found out about them being fraudulent today on this website so I am glad that this is up here or I wouldn't have known.

• Am
      29th of Mar, 2007

I received a phone call from explore usa telling me i was entered into a sweepstakes. And also i would receive a 25 dollar wal-mart card and a 25 dollar gas card. Now i receive a letter telling me to go online to get only the 25 dollar gift card. When i go online the website www.iexploreusa.com/gcform apparently don't exist and i also can not get ahold of anyone to cancel this membership so i am not charged 16.95 a month. This is B*ll Sh*t!!!

• Ra
      25th of Apr, 2007
    ExploreUSA.com/gcform - Fraudulent advertisement

I purchased this for 1.00 thinking i was going to get a $25 gift card. They have made false advertisements and i still have not received my gift card.

15th of May, 2007
    Explore USA - The site does not exist!

The web site they gave was fake, does not exist, WHAT A RIP!!! I will never do business with these people again.

15th of May, 2007
    ExploreUSA - They pulled 19.95 out of my account

The $1.00 I paid was supposed to get me a trial for 2 week . I was to cancel by 5-20-2007 or I would be charged the $19.95. OH NO They pulled it out3 days After we talked . I cancelled . Now they will not reimburse me for 30 to 60 days. How is that fair. They did not have my permission to take any more than $1.00

17th of May, 2007

Explore Usa - I never signed up to this company and am being charged for it.

• Br
      8th of Jun, 2007

This is bogus, I payed 1.00 dollar and was promised a gift card, all they do is wait the 30 day trial period out before you can receive a gift card, but first they wanna charge 16.95, what a deal.. YEAH RIGHT

• Ca
      9th of Jun, 2007
    Explore USA - Bogus website, can't cancel membership

I received this offer of a free $25.00 gas card as a promotion when I applied for and received a business American Express Blue credit card. I can't lot onto the website (it doesn't exist), and when I call the phone number given in the cover letter to cancel the membership, no one answers - just a recording stating they are closed and their business hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., eastern time. Since I'm calling during their business hours, I assume the entire company is a scam. I'm going to have to close my business account in order to keep them from charging it monthly, since I can't get a hold of anyone to cancel the membership.

10th of Aug, 2007

WC Explore USA has been taking out $16.95 out two times each month! I didnot authorize them to do this and I just now started finding areas like this. I e-mailed them and someone sent me an e-mail back saying she didn't know what I was talking about!. That is about $34.00 a month they are stealing from me and I don't like it one bit! Can someone please help me to talk or e-mail someone with authority with this scamming company so I can get this stopped? Thank you for letting me vent!

• Ca
      11th of Aug, 2007

all the same for me,but they had told me that it would be TWO ,$25.00 gift cards what a bunch of bull,they said i had 30 days to try it & after that it will be 16.95 monthly.But they called me again before my 30 days was even up!! And i hadn't even received the first and was calling me AGAIN AND I HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED THE FIRST ONE!!! They wanted it to go over 30 days so they could charge me 16.95.

• Em
      21st of Sep, 2007

I just got called from these people. They said I get a diamond watch and subscribe to 4 different magazines for $62.40 a month for 16 months which I could get the same magazines for cheaper so it is a rip off. I was also told I would be receiving a $25 Walmart gift card and about $600 in grocery coupons so I am thinking after reading these comments that it is not ligit. So I just called them back to cancel and they say I have to wait at least a week

• Ro
      3rd of Oct, 2007

Explore USA, a/k/a "Value Plus" taking $16.95 TWICE a month out of my credit card UNAUTHORIZED! For 4 months until I caught it and immediately called the 1-800 number and canceled.

• Ta
      3rd of Oct, 2007

I got a notice stating to go to this website to fill out a form to receive mt $25.oo gift card and THIS SITE pops up requesting me to submit this complaint. What's the deal?! I have to complain BEFORE I get the card? Is it THAT MUCH OF A HASSLE to get this so-called $25gift card?! I just got this notice from the mailman a couple of weeks ago and now when I login; I get the surprise, alright; I get to see what other people are saying about this whole service! I didn't know anything was going on like THIS! Everything these people were saying is the EXACTELLY the same problems I having right now of trying to use the services of EXPLORE USA. I STILL WANT MY $25.oogift card even if it IS bogus, somebody shoud be distridbuting them out RIGHT NOW as I'm writhing, because I already have lawyers looking into how me and my husband have been victimized be these so phoney people on the internet!

• Ta
      3rd of Oct, 2007

I've already talked with my attorney about these phoney people in the internet after being victimized last month(Sept.11'07)OF ALL DAYS; and THIS so-called company need to start GIVING BACK to people their money on the credit cards that they were UNauthorized to charge from. A lot of people were charge many various amounts; some were $25.00, $16 or $17.99 and even $1.00 three different times in ONE DAY, what for , I have no idea! I call MY credit card customer service to clear THAT MESS up real quick and my cards were credited back money. It wasn't a lot of money, but that's beside the point! It's the principle of the fact that this company was bogus from the beginning. Explore USA really had a lot of nerve to think people weren't going to retaliate about a phoney business! Especially, when times are hard as it is to feed your families and it's getting so close to the holidays!

12th of Oct, 2007
    Explore USA - Unauthorized charge to credit card!

Do not know how my card number and authorization information was obtained. I have never requested or authorized this type of service in my life and would never.

I have notified my bank and reported the charges as unauthorized!

Beware!

19th of Oct, 2007
    Explore USA - unauthorized charges

I did not authorize this com. to charge my account. They charges over $3oo.oo on my account. Buyers beware. They have a consumer affairs dept. with no number. Trying to get my money back is hard.

• Me
      3rd of Dec, 2007
    Explore USA - Fraud Charges to Account
    Explore USA
    Ohio

I was charged $16.95 to my account without my authorization. And the number that came with it doesn't work.