Explore Talent

scam

4.55
explore talent
exploretalent.com
I was one of those who did a background check on this company before giving up my money. I was contacted by a Mr. Edward Lewis ( the name he gave) who told me that I had allready been chosen from the photos I posted online & promised work as soon as I "activated" my account by paying a $70.00 fee. I told him I didn't have the money at the moment & would call him back when I got it, well he called me the very next day & when I told him I wouldn't have the money until later in the week he asked me if I could "borrow" the money from someone & pay them back when I got it. I thought this was very unprofessional & it immediately made me aknowledge that light bulb that appeared above my head I had my friend on 3 way & it took all she had not to laugh. Shame on you Explore Talent & shame on anyone who doesn't do a background check on these bunch of scammers & crooks before giving up their money.
Complaint comments Comments (8)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

N  29th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes

Explore Talent - paid pro memeber
Explore talent.com
240 South Main St. Apt F3
West Creek
New Jersey
Phone: 609-312-2419

I signed as a paid pro member back in august, september of
2010. They told me as soon as I became a pro member I would
start getting work. I recieved no work at all. I feel like I been scamed
and it's been 3-4 months now.
N  16th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am one of those who decided to check explore talent out before giving up my money. I was contacted by a Mr Edward Lewis who promised me work & stated that I had already been chosen and my work would start as soon as I "activate" my account. When I told him I would not have the money until later in the week he asked me if I could "borrow" the money from someone & pay them back when I got the money. I thought this was very unprofessional & it immediately made me aknowledge that lightbulb that appeared above my head I had my friend on 3 way & it took everything she had in her not to laugh. Shame on you Explore Talent & shame on anyone who doesn't do a background check before they give these bunch of scammers & crooks their money.
N  12th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have contemplated using explore talent for over a year and this helps my decision making. Thank you!!
A  7th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I received three texts from explore talent regarding my 5yr old son. One was for an audition for a modeling gig with National Apparel Company, and the other was for casting extras for the new Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman. At first, I ignored the text messages bc they sounded too good to be true. I finally decided to call them back and spoke with a representative by the name of Rita. (ph: 702-938-2500, ext. 3095). She advised me that my son had been chosen for another audition for Disney's Good Luck Charlie. She specifically stated that all auditions would be held in my hometown of San Antonio, Tx. She also played suck up and started gushing about how adorable my son looked in his photos. Then she eagerly prompted me to set up a 6mth membership for $119 or an annual membership for $199. I asked her why the membership was required and she stated that casting directors do not have access to view my son's profile. All they see is his one picture (I have about 15 posted plus his bio). She also stated that with the membership, the casting directors can contact me directly. I didn't have the funds available & explained that I would not have money for another 2 days. She was so eager to set up the membership, she offered to post date the payment. My dumb self fell in to her trap, and I gave her my credit card information. I was at work, and after the call I immediately felt like something wasn't right. I called my bank to cancel my credit card. I then called Rita back & advised her that I was going to do more research on the company before I made my decision. She quickly interrupted me and stated Explore Talent was on BBB as an accredited business with an A+ rating. I said I understood, but there was more research I needed to do so I asked her to cancel the automatic debit. She continued to be persistent about it, so I finally told her she can try to run the credit card all she wants, but it has been deactivated. After I said this, her response was "Ok, no problem. I'll just have to call another little boy that was next in line after your son and he will probably get the role."
Lesson learned on my end. I work for a fortune 500 company that strives to provide superb customer service. This talent agency wannabe is extremely unprofessional.
...and just a little fyi on BBB, there was an investigation done by 20/20 in 2010---
..so, don't let these bozos throw this in your face. Please read these blogs and use them as a guide so you don't make the same mistakes.
N  21st of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
exprloretalent called me 2 days after i entered the initial website.when they called me a man that said his name was "herb" said there was a justin timberlake movie in my area that wanted me to be an extra in.pay was $826 a day, for 3 days.that made me excited at first, until i remembered that they didn't have 1 picture or any "real" info about me.then immediately, herb push me into getting me to pay there fee's, and wanted my credit card number NOW or the role would be gone.sorry, but i'm not buying it.it seems way to good to be true.oh, by the way, i'm a musician mostly, and that's what i entered on the web site.so why a cast me as an actor with no idea what i look like or who i am.i call B.S.!!!
N  5th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
Just got a call too... Said I was chosen for a TV show with Jennifer Anniston. Then she asked me for my credit card to activate my account, $119. I told her I could not do that right now. She politely said OK and hung up.
N  23rd of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Just received a call from Johm Paul telling me I was chosen for a role working with Tina Faye paying 826.00 and another gig paying 2, 000. Yea right I didn't even buy this crap. I told him have a good day and save those lies for someone else.
D  15th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
Just a tip of advice, when it comes to company's legibility, the most reliable source of information is the Better Business Bureau. Go to: www.bbb.org - and then type-in the certain company's name if it's legit or not. When you see it there that it is accredited with BBB then that only means that it's legit. DO NOT JUST LISTEN OR BELIEVE TO SOME OF THOSE AUTOMATED MESSAGES BECAUSE SOME OF THOSE ARE JUST DETRACTORS FROM OTHER CASTING COMPANY ASWELL. It is still a business after all. I hope this will help you guys.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree