Experian / False reporting

1 Fredericksburg, VA, United States Review updated:

I have paid $14.95 per month for more than a year to access my Credit report when I want it. I now want to re-mortgage our house, I have a good interest rate available to me but you have a false judgement showing on my report. I have tried and tried and tried to dispute this error but your system it always down. I got so frustrated I cancelled my account with Experian and took one out with Equifax since you can access 3 reports with them at the same time for the same amount of money.
I looked on the other two reports and they do not show this judgement, it's only on Experian and wouldn't you know it, to be able to dispute it you have to pay Experian again for a new report. I guess you pay for the report and then find the dispute system in down again.
I'm tearing what little hair I have left out trying to resolve this issue. These credit companies seem to hold so much power over us. I have never had a bad debt in my entire life but I can't say the same for our children, but since they are grown why does their bad credit seem to always end up on my file????
I would never again pay monthly to gain access to these reports, it's a waste of time and money.

Bo

Comments

15th of Mar, 2009

I have had an American Express Credit Card tied to Costco for the past year, I have always paid the balance off every month $800.00, $1, 400.00, or $2, 000.00, it didn't make any difference it was paid. I went to get gas on 03/11/09 it was turned down, and then the same thing happened on 03/14/09.

I was a little irritated so I called AMX, they stated that after reviewing my account and going over the report from Experian they decided to cancel my account. According to the Experian report I have had several inquiries for new credit and I am paying below my balance level.

I have not applied for any new credit in the past six month and I pay way over my "minimum" payment due. How do these credit reporting companies get away with this kind of terrorism. This report that Experian has divulged will most likely dampen chances for any future employment.

Costco and AMX push for the credit cards, the card is paid off every month, then they cancel the credit. Does not add up. What is going on that this one company can destroy peoples credit?

• As
      14th of May, 2011

Spirit Airlines has dropped their crdit card with Barclaybank and has switch to Bank of America. We are required to switch. We have a very large bank account, at least 5 revolving credit cards that are paid off immediately, a credit score of 802 and no late bills ever and we are in our 60s and either still working or collecting a pension. However BOA turned us down citing not enough revolving credit cards or credit references. They used Experian whose system has been down for a week that I know of when I have tried to get their free credit report. The other 2 aences have excellent reports on us. I agree with the above writer that credit agencies shouldn't have so much control and make errors and then not be available.