Experian Direct / Charged for report not ordered/Signed me up for automatic billing
On 5/23/2011, I ordered a Experian credit report for $14.95 and they automatically stored my credit card information which I wasn't aware of, in effort of finding my way through printing the report I ordered, I clicked on a button and it gave me a different report that I hadn't ordered and charged me $39.95 in addition to the $14.95 that I was already charged. During this process I was never prompted with any message that said I was going to be charged $39.95 for another report. Now when I call the customer service, they are eager to return $14.95 but not the $39.95. Even after I insisted that I ordered the $14.95 report which I am willing to pay, they said they cannot do anything about the $39.95 charge even though I have not requested that report at all. Also, when I tried to find on my profile where they stored my credit card information to fraudulently charge me, I found that they have also signed me up for automatic monthly billing and there was no provision to remove the credit card information or cancel the automatic billing. On the bottom of that page, in fine print, they have " for any reason you are not satisfied, you can call us to discontinue your membership and stop the monthly billing. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of your current month's paid membership fee. To cancel, please contact Customer Care at [protected]. ". I was never asked to be signed for this either.
More Experian Direct Complaints & Reviews
- Info Experian Direct - charging acct and now acct bounced due to the charge. no permission to charge acct. 
- Info Experian Direct.com - charges to credit card 
- Experian - $19.95 debit appears for no reason! 
- Experian - Creditreport Infoexd.com - Auto CC billing 
- Cic Experian - Scam-bad customer service, unauthorized charges! 
- Experian - fraud
- Experian Information Solutions - website
- Experian - credit bureau
- Experian Information Solutions - can't get anyone to answer the phone, fax, chat, email... nothing!
- Experian Information Solutions - Terrible