Expedia — scam advertisement
My wife recently booked a flight using Expedia, and she purchased the flight insurance in case she needed to change her plans. As it turned out, the dates of her conference were changed, and she had to change the dates of her flights. When we called Expedia, they told us that the flight protection plan only covers medical issues, not other reasons for changing flights. Expedia's various web sites include a confusing array of flight protection plans that cover a variety of things ranging from changing flights for any reason to the more restrictive medical only plan that she apparently purchased. In looking through their booking process, they do not make it clear at all that this particular flight protection plan has these restrictions. This was also the only option offered.
Expedia seems to take advantage of the fact that flight protection plans have traditionally allowed changes for any reason, and they do not tell you about their particular restrictions unless you click through various stages of fine print. This is misleading, and they should make the restrictions more clear.
More Expedia Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - refund itinerary # 7343531174502 
- Expedia - expedia.com. sg ignores their own refund policy and cheats its customers
- Expedia - canceled flight
- Expedia - illegal business practices
- Expedia.com - my hotel was not booked, but I was charged