Expedia / expedia failed to cancel my hotel & won't make it right
Detailed info below, but to summarize:
We cancelled hotel 19 DAYS in advance
Expedia didn't inform the hotel
The hotel charged us
Expedia wont do anything to make it right.
We booked a hotel room through Expedia. Unable to make the trip, we logged into Expedia and cancelled the hotel 19 DAYS IN ADVANCE (much more than the required 24 hours). Expedia failed to relay our cancellation to the hotel and we were charged for the room. After several phone calls and detailed emails---where we included a copy of our CANCELLATION CONFIRMATION FROM EXPEDIA---Expedia says there's nothing they can do.
The hotel is in their right to keep our deposit because they were not notified of the cancellation.
Expedia refuses to even give us a credit to use towards another reservation in the future.
Hugely disappointed. You may want to seriously consider another travel site for your bookings.
More Expedia Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - reservation through Expedia (9869307956)
- Expedia - missing expedia refund of usd 392.20
- Expedia - hotel bookings
- Expedia - complaint for itinerary # 7401927579339 - horrible experience at smugglers cove hotel islamorada florida, please refund my $375.26
- Expedia - airlines had no record of ticket when checking in