Expedia / ghost credit card charges!
I was looking for flights on expedia in oct/07 and couldn't book due to a "technical error" when confirming the flight at ~$200. I phoned expedia and they tried to book over the phone without success and told me to try later.. Later the price increased to $630 and i did not attempt to book.
A week later i get a call from continental to tell me i need to check into nwa at the airport. I again did not book anything, phoned expedia and they said nothing is booked and my credit card won't be charged.. 2 days before the flight my credit card gets charged $630. I phone continental and they say it was booked through expedia, i phone expedia and they say it shows up as "not booked". I phone my credit card company and they say there is nothing they can do.
After several late phone calls and waiting hours on hold i get a csr in expedia that i convince to call continental to see my credit card is charged... They do and offer me credit for future flying, but then look into it more and offer me a refund of $620 in 7-10 business days to my credit card...
It has been 15 business days and no credit back... Soon i will be charged interest...
Don't use expedia website! It may charge your card for no reason whatsoever on itineraries you saved and did not book!
More Expedia Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - Customer Support
- Expedia - Agent Error Yet I Cant Get a Refund.
- Expedia - Expedia's flight insurance
- Expedia.com - holiday package
- Expedia - customer service