Expedia / ghost credit card charges!

Canada
3.35

I was looking for flights on expedia in oct/07 and couldn't book due to a "technical error" when confirming the flight at ~$200. I phoned expedia and they tried to book over the phone without success and told me to try later.. Later the price increased to $630 and i did not attempt to book.

A week later i get a call from continental to tell me i need to check into nwa at the airport. I again did not book anything, phoned expedia and they said nothing is booked and my credit card won't be charged.. 2 days before the flight my credit card gets charged $630. I phone continental and they say it was booked through expedia, i phone expedia and they say it shows up as "not booked". I phone my credit card company and they say there is nothing they can do.

After several late phone calls and waiting hours on hold i get a csr in expedia that i convince to call continental to see my credit card is charged... They do and offer me credit for future flying, but then look into it more and offer me a refund of $620 in 7-10 business days to my credit card...

It has been 15 business days and no credit back... Soon i will be charged interest...

Don't use expedia website! It may charge your card for no reason whatsoever on itineraries you saved and did not book!
Ad