Expedia / booking service

Expedia Corporate Travel Headquarters
13810 SE Eastgate Way Suite 400. 98005
Bellevue 98005
Phone: 866-328-0110
Please be advised that I, Irina Goziker, has purchased a round trip air ticket for my Mother, Tatiana Kovaleva (Expedia itinerary number: [protected]) via internet from Expedia.com. The itinerary of the trip as follows: flight from Rostov Don, Russia to Chicago, USA with 1 stop in Moscow, which involves S7 Air ( From Rostov to Moscow) and (American Airlines) from Moscow to Chicago.

Before purchasing this round trip ticket I, personally, have contacted S7 airlines, with a particular question about baggage limits. They informed me that if tickets were purchased as international flight and this note will be posted in e-tickets, my mother, Tatiana Kovaleva will be eligible to fly with two bags 42 kilograms each. I immediately contacted Expedia and AA with the same question and they insure me that I was purchasing an international flight from Rostov to Moscow. Based on received information I purchased round trip on Mon, Mar 16, 2009 and paid Total (MasterCard) $1, 125.20.

Today, on April 22, 2009 I found out that Rostov airport is currently under construction. To insure that flight wont’ be delay I called them to confirm my mother’s flight. I was told that Expedia constructed my mother’s air-ticket the way that she has one domestic flight and one international - that means that she is eligible to take only one 15 kilograms bag (appr. 30 pounds) and the same amount on the way back.

This amount of luggage is unacceptable because my mother has a medical condition and she always takes a lot of medicine with her as well as other personal belongings for two month trip which weights much more then 30 pounds.

I have spent half of today’s morning call Expedia talking to both supervisors Mrs. Bion
(L12) and July Gregory. After explaining the situation to the customer service representatives, I was subsequently lectured on how I ought to understand the inner workings of ticket booking even though nothing about two separate flights was listed on my itinerary (which Expedia e-mailed my after my payment.) Both representatives were unsympathetic and unwilling to help. All of their replies were again "standardized". Finally all responsibility was dumped on to the S7 airline. All I was seeking was acknowledgment of their mistake, gestures to amend this mistake, and some movements to correct this situation (since we have almost 5 business days to do so). Instead, all I received was excuses after excuses and many insincere apologies with absolutely no actions.

S7 Airline, on their part, insuring me that Expedia created my air ticket incorrectly which leaded to this mistake. In order my mother to have more luggages she has to pay $230 each way and now we have to spend additional $460.

Expedia Logo Expedia