Exotic Cat/Kitten / Sick Kitten

1 7421 Star Pine Cir. , Highland 92346, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 951 333 0884

I purchased an exotic kitten from Kitty A La Mode cattery on 1/25/2010, less than 24 hours in my home the kitten had purulent discharge coming from his eyes and he was sneezing. I took the cat to my vet on 1/26/2010 to be examined, and the vet diagnosed the kitten with an upper respiratory infection. I contacted the breeder immediately via the phone (she did not pick up) and I emailed her about the kitten being sick. She said that this was normal due to his breed and the kitten had gotten sick from my home; because I have different Flora & Fauna than her home. On top of the kitten being sick the cat was overdue in his immunizations (Last immunization was at 12 weeks and he is now 20 weeks old) as well as there being no documentation of her ever deworming the kitten. I had mentioned this to her as well in my email and she wrote back saying that he was not overdue and that she did deworm him, but, she deworms so many times she must have forgotten to write it in his immunization card. I scanned and sent the breeder all the documentation from the vet visit. She emailed me stated that I needed to wait a week for the cat to adjust and said if after the week and the cat is still ill or "unsuitable" she would be more than happy to take the cat back, granted I produce a letter from my vet stating a diagnosis (which I did). I emailed her on 1/29/2010 because the cat was progressively getting worse and she refused to take the cat back. Although I have done all the necessary steps as per our contract in returning the kitten she still refuses to take back the kitten. I had held my end of the contract up and in doing so, she should do the same. She guarantees her animals to be healthy and fully immunized and dewormed. This kitten was not. I understand that an upper respiratory infection is easily cured, but, it is the principle of it. She sold me a sick kitten and blames me for the kitten being sick. I just want to make sure that anyone wanting to purchase a kitten/cat from her cattery, please...please...please thoroughly examine the kitten/cat. Look at the immunization card and make sure that they are up to date also make sure that there is documentation of a deworming. I just want to get the word out about her cattery.

Ak

Comments

• Bu
      9th of Feb, 2010

I firmly disagree with this buyer's complaint. I purchased a kitten from this cattery last year. He came to me in perfect condition and has become an indispensable part of my family. I also referred one of my friends, and she bought an adorable female. We are both well-pleased with the purchases we made. We also had a great experience with the breeder. Shewas very professional. She explained the contract and health guarantee thoroughly. It sounds to me like the buyer who posted this complaint may have just been have a bout of buyers' remorse.

25th of Aug, 2010

I feel your pain as I too was sold a sick kitten...God bless you and I hope that your problem is resolved in your favor.

25th of Aug, 2010

I wanted to add that it was not by this breeder, just that I have gone through what you went through and I don't think these people realize how painful the situation is for you as well as financially stressfull. Good luck to you...

• Co
      30th of Dec, 2013

The reason this happened is because CFA cat breeders for that matter [all cat breeders] use ALOT of anti-biotics to hide signs of sickness, and its usually out of the system within 24 hours and the real condition will show through. Theese breeders also use anti-biotics while pregnant which causes a whole new series of illness's in the cats body. These cat breeders are destroying our pedigree cats to pieces. May the Almighty God have mercy upon their soul, because they don't know how much damage they are causing to our beloved pedigreed cats. They are all very ignorant