Exitlightco.com / Buyer beware

1 United States

Beware of the customer service policies of this web based seller of emergency lighting operating out of California.

In Feb of 06 I bought some emergency lighting for a farm home we are renovating in Ocala, FL.
The lights were installed shortly thereafter but never energized - tested and the trim plates were not installed.
Interior paint was finished yesterday and today the electrician was in to finish the punch out.

During a test today 1-17-07 (still within the warranty period) one of the 2 lights blew up - fried - toasted.

Company advised that usually this type of complaint is as a result of incorrect wiring (electrician is a Master Electrician so I doubt there was an error) and the best they can do is if I send it back at my own expense (at least $10 UPS to California) they will examine it.
And if it turns out to be faulty and not incorrectly wired - they will replace it - but I have to pay the return freight.

Spend $20 freight for a $35 item - not likely.

Better to take 10 minutes and warn consumers about my very poor experience with www.exitlightco.com
I certainly won't be shopping here again.
Buyer beware.