Excel Loss Mitigation / Overcharged

I have fallen behind on my mortgage.This company somehow got my phone number and was offering me a loan modification. I sent them all my information and the $1498 dollar fee after I dealt with a nice man named Larry. He was very reassuring and explained how the whole process worked. He said I was a great candidate for a loan modification.

This was in early January. It is March now and I can't get anyone from this company to speak with me! I have called 20 times or more. I have E-Mailed through the web site. I have gotten no response whatsoever! I am beyond frustrated!

I am not going to call this company a scam. However, I have never dealt with a company that was so terrible with customer service.I spoke to my mortgage company and they don't acknowledge any negotiation about modifying my Loan!

Excel Offers a Money back guarantee on their website as well as outstanding customer support.

Now when I call, I get a recording that says ' the mail box is full'. I am dealing with my mortgagor direct from now on. What about my $1498 and all of my personal information out there?

I could become homeless dealing with a company like this!

Si

Comments

• Bu
      11th of Mar, 2009

anyone have any dealings with NATIONS TRUST MITIGATION SERVICES? I'm a State Employee from NJ and fell behind in my mortgage payments. I sent them the money order for $595 because I was told that the fee was going up to $795 on March 1st. So far no one called me back. Luckly the queezy feeling in my stomach told me to contact my Lender directly. Thank G. I did. Thank G I didn't send any more of those money orders to NATIONS TRUST MITIGATION SVS. Contact me at mcm2301@aol.com if you've been scammed too.

• De
      11th of Mar, 2009

My husband and I were behind a payment on our mortgage, just one month. I was contacted by Excel Loss Mitigation, and was told that they would be able to help us either by bringing our interest rate down or have our mortgage payment brought down. I first spoke to a man by the name of Daniel Chandler. He advised us not to make payments on our mortgage til we heard from them. We did all the paper work, sent the company $1, 000 and a check for $298.00 so they could begin negotiations with our mortgage company. All this took place in November. Our November payment (that was for our mortgage) was sent to Excel Loss Mitigation. As of that date I spoke to 4 people trying to get information about our case. I spoke to Daniel Chandler, then to Ashley, next came David Calbert, finally I spoke to Krystal whom I spoke to in Feb. but after that I got no response as of this date. On February the 23 I spoke to a Gloria at customer service who informed me that I would get a call the very next day (Feb. 24) from another agent by the name of Gloria Archie but that call as of now never came. I have tried and tried everyday to get in contact with this company and I get no answers. The phone rings, a voice mail comes on and I never get a call back. Now it's to where the mail box is full or the phone just hangs up. We are concern because we have now fallen behind on our mortgage. I have also contacted the BBB and they have no record of this company. I have also contacted the Chamber of Commerce in Houston, where the company supposably is and they do not have much information on them either. They claim that it could be a small company that rented a suite and now has moved on. So please be careful and check with the BBB or Chamber of Commerce before committing to a company that promises to help you no matter what your situation.

• Ts
      16th of Mar, 2009
    Excel Loss Mitigation - SCAMMED!
    Excel Loss Mitigation
    Texas

We went through the same thing. The website is down the phone numbers are no longer in service. We had sent all out information in to them and NOTHING! We have changed out accounts and protected out ssn w/ security freezes. EVERYONE THAT HAS DELT WITH THIS COMPANY SHOULD DO THE SAME!!!

-Trish

Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 888-
    excellossmitigation.com

I had fallen behind on my mortgage and this company contacted me and in desperation for help they were more than willing and stated that I too was a good candidate. After paying $1498.oo in fees, they did nothing. I tried calling and emailing with no return calls or emails. I called my mortgage company and they had not received any contact from this scandalous company. To prey on someone and risk their home of their families is worst than I can imagine of anyone. I contacted my mortgage company directly and am working with them. I would encourage anyone that reads this and has been scammed by this company to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also the attorney general's office as they offered a money back guarantee if it did not work out. If enough of us submit complaints it may help another family avoid this mis-fortune.

• Wa
      25th of Mar, 2009

how do i get ahold of someone about excel?

• To
      4th of Apr, 2009

I to fell pray to this fraud company. They took my $1, 500 & dissapered. Have all my personel information that they were suppose to give to my mortgage company and never gave them anything or did anything except someone off who is in hardship.

• Wh
      19th of May, 2009

Excell loss mitigation and it's subsid. co. have been charged by the TX Attny general office. You can now contact them if you have been a victim. The article is at the following address:

11th of Jun, 2009

I am a widow who lives with my son, his fiance, and my 2 year old grandson. I was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago and had been contact by Sasha from this company after I had fallen behind on my payments due to lack of work in South Florida. My son is in construction (out of work for 2 years), my daughter-in-law does part time sales and I'm a secretary at a local high school. When we were contacted I thought this company could really help me with a SIMPLE loan modification... I looked them up and there was no complaints!!! I come back 6 months later after they've done NOTHING and seen all of this!! Thank God my daughter-in-law said the hell with Excel and contact my current mortgage company to see what they could do because 1 month after I signed with Excel, I had a police officer deliver my foreclosure papers! DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!!! They are a scam! Anyone not saying they're a scam probably just works for them... If these people contact you, don't even listen to anything they have to say. These are low life people who will be out of they're houses when nobody gives them money for services they've never rendured!!! HOPEFULLY, I get my $1500 back because I sent 2 checks to them each for $750... I should thought about that first when I realized I didn't even pay that to re-fi. Anyone with the same comments, please post them. If I 've helped only 1 person to NOT SIGN with this company, than this has worked! PLEASE, DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY MONEY!!! YOU WILL GET NOTHING IN RETURN!! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

11th of Jun, 2009

you can contact Jaime @ blondesurefr7@yahoo.com if you've been scammed too!