Ewc Payments Pty Ltd Donvale / unauthorized charged

I just recently checked my bank account and I saw an unauthorized charged to EWC PAYMENTS PTY LTD DONVALE 01. I have no clue what this is, We have not ordered anything online and I do not know what this whole charge is even about. I would appreciate any help that we can get my money back. I googled this as well and I have seen where other people have been having the same problem. This is not right

could you please e-mail me on this adress
Ali00000000@yahoo.com

Al

Comments

• Ni
      6th of Oct, 2008
    Ewc Payments Pty Ltd Donvale - Never Heard of company - trying to bill authorizations to credit card

I have no idea who this company is but I called my bank to check my available balance on a card, and it had an unauthorized amount in pending transaction history. After looking at my account online I saw the (un)authorization was for nearly $40 to a company that I have never done business with or even heard of for that matter. The company was EWC PAYMENTS PTY LTD DONVALE and the charges have been disputed with my bank and I will be following up and cancelling all cards.

16th of Oct, 2008

That is exactly what happened to me this morning! I called my bank to get my recent balance and the customer service rep said, "you have overdrafts from a $38.83 automatic deduction today from EWC Payments Ltd. Donoval." I've never heard of this company at all. Another fraud situation that I am clearing up with the bank.

• Sm
      28th of Oct, 2008

Yes I too was a victim, so I thought. I was not however victimized by the company stated above but by my own discourse. I had signed up for a three day trial membership with web-detective, the only stipulation was that somewhere in terms of use agreement (I neglected to read of course) it stated that if I did not cancel my membership 48 hours prior to the billing date that I would be charged the monthly fee. Lets see trial membership was three days (=72 hours) cancellation 48 hours prior to billing date would mean that I needed to cancel the day I signed up. stupid me. i learned my leason and hope the word gets out about this tactic of making money. These companies conducting business in this manner don't care if you cancel after the fact because they have already made their money off you. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT, AND IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE YOU WILL PROBABLY GET HOSED IN THE END. If only I had thought of operating a website like this I could be rich. On the other hand karma is a force I care not to mess with, these people will get theirs in the end.

24th of Nov, 2008
    Ewc Payments Pty Ltd Donvale 01 - cc charge
    Texas

well... i have a prepaid visa card that i noticed there were two attempts to take $37.00 from my account from this company EWC Payments Pty Ltd Donvale 01. luckily, i havent been putting any money on that card lately therefore this company or whatever it is hasnt gotten any of my money.

• Ri
      25th of Nov, 2008

They have done me the same way, by not cancelling as soon as you sign up for a free trial, you are charged automatically. This is a form of robbery that needs to be fixed by the better business bureau or some agency.

• Ke
      10th of Dec, 2008

This just happened to me today. It is pending on my debit card. I didn't know who the company was or anything. I bought something on the internet for a background check website last week and I think that is where they must have gotten my info. I don't know who else it would have been or who the company is.

• Ti
      13th of Dec, 2008

I did not receive a call from this number; however it is showing up on my bank account under a transaction I placed online. The company is a payment processor called SecureP. They appear to have a valid SSL check out for online transactions, and if you call them about your purchases, they will tell you, with a really thick accent, that they are in Vegas. They are actually in Austrailia and you will get charged international transaction fees for doing any business with them. In addition, once they have your checkcard number, they will run the transactions again under the name EWC Payments Pty Donvale (which is also Austrailia) until they overdraft your account and can get no more money. Beware, this is an established scam front complete with customer service and telemarketers to get further information from you about your finances (most likely to steal your identity. Other numbers to beware of is 866-583-7789 and 213-514-5823.

This is a post I took from another website I am changing my accounts now

• Th
      3rd of Jan, 2009
    Ewc Payments Pty Ltd Donvale - UNAUTHORIZED DEBT FROM MY ACCOUNT

A charge of $36.04 was taken out of my account 01/03/09. Can you please refund it back into my account. My email account is jermainemitchell74@yahoo.com.