Evolution Model Technology / Cashed check never received items

311 RUSSELL RDSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada Review updated:
1.9
Phone: 306-717-4700

I made a large purchase with the company for the company I work for. We overnighted them a check for $2, 389.98 for thier wireless paintball sentry turret and LCD glasses. Since they are the manufacturer of these items they said it would take 3 weeks to ship, it would go into the production schdeule. Well after 50 or more calls and several emails and faxes it is has now been 4 months and still no product. They do not return calls or email or faxes. It has been 4 months and still no products no return calls nothing.
Now their website is closed down!
Do not buy from them!!!
Li

Comments

St
  28th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +7 Votes
Funny cause I ordered a $2500 tracked platform off them and had no problems. They were busy and it was going to take 4 weeks but our deadline was in less than 3. They had it built and shipped in 2 and a half. Even shipped it UPS Express. Not only was the platform one of the most amazing things I've seen but they were super nice and friendly on the phone and in email. I find this hard to believe.

Steve
Fr
  17th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +7 Votes
I sent a cheque for just over 4500 for a tracked platform. It arrived 4 weeks later as promised. And it is still working perfect. Incredible machines and great service.
Fr
  17th of Feb, 2009
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +7 Votes
I have heard nothing but high praise about EMT and their service.
An
  12th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +6 Votes
I was surprised to find this complaint. My company ordered 2 Rovers off EMT totaling over $6000 and we had no problems. They said it would 2 to 3 weeks lead time and they arrived in under 2 weeks. And they were custom built from scratch. We would order from them again in a heartbeat. Great service, great people and the coolest rovers I have ever seen.
Tr
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -5 Votes
Same thing happened to me in 2008...sent check, cashed check, and no product, if anyone can provide me any info on how to contact this company it would certainly be appreciated.
  21st of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree -5 Votes
Same thing here as well. Sent almost $1700 back in July 2008 for products which were never received. Check was cashed, and they will not reply to emails or phone calls.
He
  18th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +6 Votes
I ordered 2 turrets from them in 08. Sent a cheque for around $4000. They shipped one that was in stock right away and told me it would be 2 weeks before the other was done. I got it in 2 weeks as promised. The products were excellent and their service was great. So helpful with the customizing options. They did lots of extra machining for free.
Sound to me like the same person that made the original complaint posted again to try and back up their story. I doubt these guys would ever do this. They were great to work with. Too bad someone doesnt look into these bogus complaints and remove them.
  28th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree -5 Votes
These are definitely NOT bogus complaints. I am NOT the original poster (been trying to contact her, actually, along with anyone else who has been having trouble with EMT, so that we can start a class suit together). To date, Evolution Model Technology still refuses to deliver the products we ordered (its way too late to use them now anyway), or send a refund for the check they cashed over a year ago. This is absurd, and no company that is legitimate will let things go this long without any replies to an dissatisfied customer. They are either not in business anymore (has ANYONE actually dealt with them since 2008?), or they are purposefully ignoring our phone calls and emails. The owner, Garrett Fisher, has not responded to direct calls or emails either.

I would be more than happy to post a retraction here, if only EMT would contact us and let us know our refund check is on the way. I'd also like to hear from the other people here that they've received a refund, until then, I'm going to assume that this is a good company gone bad, and making sure that people are duly warned to avoid dealing with Evolution Model Technology. Hey Garrett, if you are reading this, its time to pay up. Not just us, but all the other people who you took funds without delivering anything.
  30th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree -6 Votes
Hi,

We also had problems with them last year for an order of about 15 000$. We were reselling their products. When we finally got our first order (after over 2 months), it was partial (10%), and that 10% was used and of a very poor quality. We immediately removed all products from our website and cancelled all orders from clients. It was way below our standards.

We immediately returned that 10%, and asked for a completed refund. Then, we stopped receiving any communication from the manufacturer. After several unanswered emails and messages, we finally did a chargeback to our credit card and got almost all our money back. We lost about10% (the item that has been shipped and returned).

I think they lost their right to process credit cards /PayPal after that event.
Br
  1st of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +6 Votes
I ordered a video rover off EMT about a year ago to do inspections for my construction company.Paid $2140 with custom options by check. I got the rover in 3 weeks as promised.The rover was brand new and I couldnt have been happier about the quality.
I tried to contact them to buy another one about 6 months ago and got an email back about wiring money to India. i found out that someone in Portugal bought the domain and is hosting a copy of their site.Its registered to some Bruno Oneil guy in Portugal now and he was using the EMT email address I had from before too.Seemed too fishy so I walked away.Dont know what happened but it definitely wasnt the same person I had previously dealt with.Hopethe real comapny starts selling again cause the rover I have is deadly and I'd love to buy another one.
Br
  18th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +6 Votes
I just placed an order with them 2 weeks ago for 2 track modules and a custom chassis for an R/C snowblower project I was doing. I sent funds by bank wire and got my platform last week. The guy I talked to told me it would be 1 to 2 weeks and I got it in a week. And the Track modules are everything I hoped and more. There's nothing like them out there.
I had tried to order this about 6 months ago but I was told they were no longer taking new orders. Something about building stuff for another company but that they would reopen ordering in 5 months. I waited and it was well worth it. Best $2000 Ive spent in awhile.
Jo
  21st of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +5 Votes
I bought a tracked robot off them and love it.I had chassis made for mounting my electronics on for a surveilance project.They were lots of help and fantastic to deal with.This seems odd.I paid $3100.00 for all customized chassis and tracks.They shipped out in 4 day like promised.Wish I needed another one so I can buy again.Thanks EMT.
Pe
  26th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +4 Votes
Wow, I bought a paintball turret off them and love it. Service was fast friendly and fun. Paid by cheque, had my turret in 2 weeks. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
Th
  11th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I know my experience was great with them!! Friendly and fast service. I paid over $5000 via paypal for a customized tracked chassis for our engineering project. The students won't stop playing with the thing. Garrett was fast, reliable and boy can they build robots. This tank will see plenty of years of abuse around here. No way we would ever get rid of it.
2 thumbs up.
St
  12th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
***READ****
If you plan to order from EMT, MAKE SURE it's www.evolutionmodeltechnology.ca -Remember, the company is located in Canada, so a *.ca domain name is obviously more suiting. *.com is registered to a Bruno Oneil in Portugal and is hosting a copy site (see http://whois.domaintools.com/evolutionmodeltechnology.com)

I've had nothing but awesome experiences with them! Garret has been great! Extremely knowledgable in robotics; I would definitely buy from him again.
Ma
  3rd of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I just ordered a set of track modules and live overseas. Piad by wire transfer. The service was great and they shipped out right away as promised. The tracks are the coolest thing I have ever seen and they really know their stuff. These guys are the next irobot. Two thumbs up!!
Pa
  24th of Mar, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I tried to contact Garrett to order another set of track modules. The guy I talked to said he wasn't there anymore and didn't seem to know anything about robotics or the tracks he used to make. He tried to convince me to buy a set for 4 times the amount I paid before because they're "higher grade". lol With the brains behind the products gone, I think this company is dying quick. I was pretty disappointed.
Yu
  2nd of Jul, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company used to be great but since the owner left, their site never changes, no one there knows anything about robotics and the products are overpriced and crappy. I don't know what the guy that owns it now did to make Garrett leave but he seems to be running the business into the ground. They lost all their employees and now seem to be trying to sell anything they can to anyone without support or knowledge of their products.
Mi
  11th of Sep, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Read my complaint on these guys under EMT Robotics. They changed their name after the own walked away from his crooked partner. Avoid them at all costs!!
Em
  16th of Dec, 2012
Majority ownership of EvolutionModelTechnology changed in November 2009. Garrett Fisher voluntarily forfeited his remaining shares and left the company when his contractual commitments were completed two years later.

EMT will still address any concerns of customers, even those before the November 2009 date.

Several of these customers and claims above seem to be fictitious and certainly appear to be from the same person – both pro and later anti-EMT (such praise for Garrett!!!). In this age of the internet it is unfortunate how easily anyone can pretend to be something they are not, with no accountability or recourse. It seems the previous owner, Garrett Fisher has had a problem with ethics and making up stories on the internet for a while - here is some better reading, as done to REAL people:
and here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=96653486ef1e63fa1c7cc49886cfb8f6&t=461805&pp=15
(the last page contains a good summary)

EMT’s owner, William Derksen, and staff are looking forward to the coming move into their brand new state-the-art bulding in December 2012. Under this new ownership and current expansion, EMT is committed to producing quality products and maintaining customer satisfaction.