Evia Motors Inc. / VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE

1 67 Leonard St.Glens Falls, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: (518) 798-1666

I find their business practice appalling.

I told them my complete situation. I'm leaving town with it cross-country for graduate school and I wanted these repairs to help secure a safe trip and as preventative maintenance since I have the money from my school loan. Their Translation; It's the last time I'll be there. I need the repairs done because I have to have my car, plus I have the money ready on hand.

Situation- I received their agreement to replace my belts, timing chain and to check the ball joints and control arms- all assuming I'd get a quote. I dropped my car off a week ago on Jul 6. so they could work on it the next day/Mon and be done by Tues as agreed.
-I called Tuesday last week and they said they were waiting for parts which would be in Wed.- so it would be finished Thurs. and "...the car's apart and taking up space...".
-I called Thurs. and they said still awaiting parts but it "it looks like it'll be finished Mon".
-I called Monday, they still weren't finished but "Tues. it'll be done". I won't even give the quote as of Mon., it's astronomical.
-I called yesterday, the "car's together now and will be finished Wed."/today.
-I call today/Wed. the car is not yet fixed because of a completely unrelated issue thatn what I sent it in for.
- Don't trust this shop for a square deal.
- Get the quote in writing and/or tell them your total dollar amount.
I am a very kind and patient person. They saw it as a weakness and have now exploited it to a level beyond reason.
__________________

Comments

• Ev
      16th of Nov, 2009

What this young man didn't share was the fact that his Mercedes Benz is over 20 years old. Once you start doing a major engine repair and start taking things appart you are very likely to find other issues. The availability of parts for a twenty year old vehicle is often an issue but when you add the fact that this is an Old Mercedes Benz you have now narrowed the availability of getting parts quickly. Oh yes and by the way "I want you to do this major repair the week before I leave on a cross country trip to go to college". A little planning would have gone a long way here. The real issue was the fact his trip was delayed a week not the repair we did. Please grow up and stop spreading false statements. You are not driving a Chevy. This is an old Mercedes that is more expensive to maintain than most cars. You were not taken advantage of, you were just suprised by reality. I'm sorry you were not happy but next time please notify the next repair shop that you have a dollar limit you want to spend so they can prioritize the repairs that need to be made. We do this all the time and it works out very well.

• To
      27th of Nov, 2009

I have never had a car repaired by your shop, but will have no quams in doing so if need be in the future. My mother was a past customer of yours...she had a limited income. She did plan ahed, she did communicate with you, and you did a fine job. I need you to understand that most folks do understand that some folks expect too much from a situation they don't understand. You have a decent reputation in the Glens Falls area, and we are all better off if that young Mercedes fool is not part of our community anyhow. Keep up the good work...your true customers got your back! Respectfully, Tom Frederick South Glens Falls Ny

26th of Dec, 2011

We've owned a number of older Volvos and Volkswagons, and can attest to the costs of keeping them running. The cost of parts can be high and their availability problematic, as Mr. Frederick noted. I've rarely encountered labor cost or quality issues at the independent European repair shops I've dealt with over the years. Also, remember that an automobile is a highly integrated system, not just a collection of parts that age or break independently: When one part wears and goes out of spec it influences the wear of other parts, and on down the line. That's why preventative maintenance is essential to better the odds of a long vehicle life.

For the record, I came to this page while researching Evia Motors. I'm not yet a customer of theirs, but from my friend's positive experiences and Tom's direct reply to criticism here, will give their shop a try.

• Pa
      16th of May, 2012

I've been a customer of Evia motors for years and I swear by them. They've fixed both foreign and American cars for me. I just brought them in a BMW I inherited and asked Bill to " go through it and get it running top notch". He spent at least an hour messing around with it and told me not to waste my money. Too much to spend on such an old car('86). When I asked him how much, he said "dont worry about it". The guy is top notch.

• Le
      17th of Jul, 2012

Came to the page after doing a quick search to grab their phone number quickly. Been a customer for over 10 years as well. My family of six has what seems like a fleet, both domestic and foreign autos, ancient and newer models. Evia has always been thorough and honest in their assessments of our cars. Have recommended them to family and friends. Never, never had a complaint or concern!