Everyday Values / Trilegiant Corporation / Unauthorized credit card charges

1 Norwalk, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-363-8258

TLG*EVERYDAY charged my credit card a recurring monthly charge of $11.99, which I never authorized, beginning in 3/2007 and continuing to 5/2008. Their customer service representative claimed that the company obtained my information and enrollment from a Buy.com transaction that I made. I have not yet contacted Buy.com.

TLG*EVRYDAY offered to refund two months of their billing, but for further refund directed me to write a letter to their Support Services at the below address:

Everyday Values
Attn: Support Services
P.O. Box 6100
Westville, OH [protected].

Comments

• El
      12th of Sep, 2008

I have a unauthorized charge on my account from
    TLG everyday value .

9th of Oct, 2008

TLG Everyday Value put a charge of $139.99 on my credit card. When I called to ask what the charge was for they said I cashed a $9.74 dollar check that authorized it. I did not cash the check but tore it up and put it in the garbage. Also, I do not know how they got my credit card number.

• Sh
      20th of Nov, 2008

I have AGAIN received a letter with a member # for me and "welcoming" me to another year of Everyday Values! I have NEVER authorized this membership and NEVER will - I do not want any amount charged to any credit card - I AM NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A MEMBER OF Everyday Values - How do I get you people to stop sending me this junk!!!?????

• Ok
      17th of Dec, 2008

*****BEWARE***** Be very careful when you purchase products from buy.com. There is a link that enrolls you in a "30-day trial" for Everyday Values. Most don't know they have signed up for this service; therefore, they don't call and cancel within the 30-day trial period. This results in a reoccurring charge on your credit/debit card each month. This company is owned by Trilegiant, which is owned (or used to be) by Cendant Corp. At one time Cendant owned (and may still own some) Caldwell Bank, Caldwell Mortgage, Avis & Budget rent-a-car, Cendant Travel Service, Century 21...etc. I'm sure with the recent economic fall Cendant has sold many of these companies. Nonetheless, Trilegiant has memberships for: AOL AutoVantage,
    AOL Credit Alert, AOL Netmarket, AOL Travelers Advantage, AutoVantage, Buyers Advantage, Citishopper, Clever Clubhouse, CompleteHome, Credentials Services, Dental Plus Group Plan, Digital ProtectionPlus, Dinner On Us Club, Family FunSaver Club, Great Fun, Great Options, Health Saver, Homeowners Savings Network, Hot-Line, Identity Secure, Just For Me, Macy's Hot-Line, National Card Registry, Netmarket, OurCompleteHome.com, Pet Privileges, PrivacyGuard, Sears Discount Travel Club, Shoppers Advantage, Small Business Central, Today's Homeowner Values, Travel ER, and Travelers Advantage. Many consumers are charged this monthly fee for months, sometimes years without knowing. Here are some websites listing class action lawsuits filed against Trilegiant and the judgments against them. ** http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/07/trilegiant_class.html ** http://www.consumeraffairs.com/scam_alerts/tlg.html ** Make sure you aren't a victim; don't click on any FREE tails as it is NOT free!!

• Pa
      11th of Apr, 2009

I have written my US Representative and two US Senators requesting legislation to provides better protection against these aggressive tactics that seek to leech off the credit card accounts of unsuspecting consumers. I think that everyone should consider submitting similar complaints to their respective government officials.

I have called for stiff fines for unauthorized charges, photostatic proof of so-called "written authorized" purchase, and yearly re-authorization of automatic credit card billing to confirm the consumer's desire to buy. I look forward to any other suggestions that folks may have.

• El
      8th of Dec, 2010

I hope this helps. PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS right away.

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610