Everyday Furnishings / Scam and cheating!

1 545 8th St.New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: they won't answer!

I finally got scammed from someone... This place just renamed to "One Click Furniture"... here's what they are doing (and what exactly happened to me): The lure: their wonderful selection, prices and free shipping. The scam: you will not receive your merchandise. How they string you along: after sending complaints and inquiries about where your merchandise is, they may credit you $50 bucks for waiting, and even send you part of your order (the cheapest thing on your list), but never send the bulk of your order, and if they can string you along long enough, your credit card company can no longer help you with a dispute, because too much time has been allowed to pass... and guess who gets to keep your money. They've got $845 of my money, but luckily, I'm not letting any more time pass, and i'm calling my credit card company today to file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute. Also, I'm hitting every complaint website I can find, and post this information, including the BBB of New York and the attorney General of NY. Other victims have lost thousands to these criminals.

By the way, there are other numerous home improvement companies that are being run out of this same address of 545 8th St. NY, NY [protected]. Big shout out to Al & Suzie... you scammed the wrong person!

Comments

Ma
  8th of Oct, 2007
Everyday Furnishings - Money not returned from canceled order!

I ordered a dresser on January 19, 2007. They said it would be delivered within 8 weeks. They kept giving me delivery dates, but the dresser was never delivered. I left messages that were never answered. I called and canceled the order on May 18, 2007. They said it would be credited to my credit card within 30 days. It never was. I finally got in touch with someone in October 2007 who said it was too late for them to refund the money & I would have to dispute it with the credit card company. Conveniently for them, the credit card company will not make a dispute for an item purchased more than 118 days earlier.

Li
  12th of Oct, 2007

I ordered a bed from oneclickfurniture.com & didn't realize they were the same company as Everyday Furnishings. When they went over their estimated time frame and gave me 3 different delivery dates, I did a search online regarding everyday furnishings and was worried that I was scammed after reading everybody's comments. To my surprise, I did receive the bed (a few weeks delayed), and it was in perfect shape and I paid a GREAT price for it. So to all of you worriers out there... there is hope... some people do receive their furniture.

19th of Nov, 2007

Yes, I received part of my order too... but how much did you spend in all? Was the bed the cheapest thing on your order? I think they throw bones to people, to string them along, but in the end, they make money from never sending the bulk of your merchandise.

In my case, I received a $78 bookshelf, also in good shape, and for waiting, and $50 credit, because I was such a loud mouth complainer about not receiving my order... but they still have $845 of my money! don't wait too long before you file a dispute with your credit card.

Li
  24th of Nov, 2007

To answer your question regarding the bed... that was all that I ordered. I was frantic that I wasn't going to receive the bed ($1100). I did notify my credit card company that I was concerned that I may have been scammed. She noted my account, sent me the paperwork (since it was over $1000), and I had dates and e-mails to enclose with the paperwork. I decided that if they didn't ship out by the 3rd delivery date, I would send in the forms. Fortunately, they did ship it out by the 3rd date. Of course, I had to wait for the delivery company to make it to our state, and they put it together without any of the hardware (I found it as I was breaking down the empty boxes that they left outside of our garage), but that is another story in and of itself. I am very happy with the bed, but I was a basket case while waiting. I truly feel for all of you that are still waiting for your furniture... that sucks... but I was just trying to offer a glimmer of hope that your merchandise may arrive, since I didn't find 1 person that ever received merchandise when I started googling them.

Be
  25th of Nov, 2007

I was scammed just like all the rest of Everyday furniture customers... I ordered a TV stand on Sept 10th they charged mt card on Sept 12th and i haven't seen it yet. I called several times and got the run around, it will ship next friday, oh next friday, oh they don't have a part for it... my husband finally got a hold of BIG AL(Loser Al and Sleazy Suzie)and they said they would credit my card immediately... Well guess what that was Oct. 25th and we now are approaching Dec. 1st... thanks to the great people at Chase perfect credit my card has been credited the full $329... These people are enough to make you want to hop a plane and shake them up... DON"T BUY FROM AL & SUZIE...

Co
  2nd of Jan, 2008

After all the purchases made on the internet, I too finally got SCAMMED by Everyday Furnishings for $648. I contacted the actual legitimate manufacturer of the piece of furniture (division of Lazy Boy) and they did not have a copy of my order....after placing and paying for it 10 weeks ago. Sleazy Suzie and Big Al Carter are a piece of work and I assured them that I would pursue every avenue possible to get the word out to other consumers. I also am trying to get Google and the division of Lazy Boy to no longer do business with them.

They do business under almost ten different names: One Click Furniture, Everyday Furnishings, Furniture Brands Group, Bedroom Plaza, Accent Warehouse, Apex Windows

We
  5th of Jan, 2008
Everyday Furnishings - No Order Recieved
545 Eighth Ave, Suite 40
Phone: 1-877-383-7997
Everydayfurnishings.com

I also placed an order in September of 07. I waited my 6-8 weeks and when I followed up to see when I would be getting a call. Al told me that they were having issues with Pulaski's and getting the item from them. So, basically it is like the Money Pitt, every time I email them, I get a response "2 more weeks". I was promised a $35.00 refund for my inconvience, but I have not seen it yet. It is not January and I still do not have an order. I had the privlage of talking to Suzie this week (I see someone else has spoken to Suzie) and she informed me that it will now be another 2 weeks. I see that it will be a lost cause but I also will be filing a complain with the BBB of NY , and attempting to cancel my order and contact my credit card company in hopes for assistance. BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I can't understand how Al and Suzie can sleep at night. I hope someday they get scammed as well. EVERYDAY FURNISHINGS IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

9th of Jan, 2008

This IS a scam: your card gets charged immediately (big red flag)... and then the game is on. You wait the 6, even 8 weeks with no word. So you inquire about it...if you get any response at all, it's a very pleasant, polite e-mail with an excuse that sounds legitimate... you wait some more...only to get another excuse... then when you start to get angry, to keep you happy (and ultimately WAITING), they may credit your card $50 bucks, or send you a small piece of furniture, (if you ordered that- mine was a little $75 bookcase)... but the furniture, or most expensive items will NEVER arrive. If they can outlast the amount of days your credit card allows to file a dispute, then, GUESS WHO GETS TO KEEP YOUR MONEY... and then, if you still want to recover losses, you have to hire an attorney, and for most of us, that's not worth it.

File a complaint with the NY Attorney General's office..you can download the forms to fill out.

And of course, call your credit card company's dispute department, to file a NO RECEIPT OF MERCHANDISE dispute... some cards only allow a couple months to do this, so don't wait!!

also, "7 on your side" is a NY news broadcast that exposes consumer scams & bad business... they may be interested in hearing from the victims of FBG Stores.

9th of Jan, 2008

You are the ONLY lucky person I know of who has received anything... I think this company started out with good ratings, shipping things to people, and following through, just to get the company base started and a legal credit card charging machine (or whatever those are called)... After about a year, (i think they started up in 2005-2006)..let the scamming begin... maybe gradually & low profile at first, but now, I think they are 100% scammers, and beginning to change their name(s) to other names, change the look of their websites, to avoid being researched... they'll just continue to jump around and scam as many online consumers as possible... it may take our credit card companies to crack down somehow.. It's only a matter of time before the law gets them. And, let me be completely judgemental here: I have a feeling Al & Suzie are quite familiar with the prison & court systems...probably probationers or parollees from other past illegal activity already. And now they have our credit card numbers....GREAT. You know they offer financing?? Oh MY GOD----if you've signed up for this, and given them your SS number... say goodbye to your identity.

Ma
  10th of Jan, 2008
EverydayFurnishings - No Furniture, No Refund Yet
EverydayFurnishings
North Carolina
www.everydayfurnishings.com

This company is a complete fraud. They do not place, ship or fill furniture orders. Placed order on 8/29 for my son's bedroom set. 4 months of stories from Susie, Stephen and Al. Order lost, released, waiting for pick up... I finally broke and couldn't deal with it anymore. So now they've had my money for 4 months to do who knows what with. Thank goodness Mastercard filed a suit and credited me back. When I called to cancel the order I couldn't even get a live person to talk to me. Not that there was an order to cancel! Do not order from this company, if you have, call your credit card company immediately to dispute the charge.

Lo
  14th of Jan, 2008

I never reseived my jewelry armoire and i never reseived my money back.
Every time i called they tell me the same story. I placed the order on 09/28/07.

Sh
  28th of Jan, 2008

Ordered my furniture in October. Credit card charged $1075 in Dec and received only the top of furniture missing legs, glass, and base. Suzie and Al keep saying their going to credit me for the incovenience and I will get the rest of the order. I have never received the credit nor the furniture. They will not call me back.

Rw
  29th of Jan, 2008

This company is a SCAM!!! Do not under any circumstances do buisness with these people. I have been trying since November to get my money back for a piece of furniture that they could not provide....No luck. My guess is they are about to go bankrupt and are looking for money from any source they can get.
STAY AWAY...call the Attorney General's Office....BBB...anybody...

Jo
  31st of Jan, 2008

I ordered a curio Cabinet from these Scammers on October 31st 2007. I am still being told it will be delivered tomoroow or tomorrow or the next day. I have contacted my Credit Card company with this information. I surely hope everyone who sees their listing will read further and NOT buy from them. Buyers BEWARE!!! These people tell you anything. Al and Suzie are their names and they take your money and do not send the merchandise. They lure you in with low prices and you think you are getting a bargain.

In another complaint, I read that these people offer you a $50.00 rebate, which is exactly what happened to me also. Please call your Credit Card co. if you have purchased from these people before it is too late for the co. to help you. Again" BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Ja
  31st of Jan, 2008
Everyday Furnishings - Scam and fraud!
Phone: 877-383-7007
www.everydayfurnishings.com

On January 24, I ordered a dining room table ($518). I was told that I would be emailed a confirmation of my order. I have yet to receive the confirmation for my order - and I checked with my credit card company and the $518 has been added to my credit card.

Since I did not receive the confirmation order it seemed strange so I called to cancel the order the next day--- The call was answered and when I said I wanted to cancel my order I was put on hold and waited for about 45 minutes then when someone answered I said I wanted to cancel my order and was placed on hold again. I also sent e-mails that were not delivered. I then looked on the internet and found out about all the other complaints and knew for sure my gut feelings were right. I have never dealt with a company (!) like this and am very disappointed.

I am not sure how to proceed at this point. I called my credit card company and asked that they not accept the charge but they said I could not cancel it must come from the seller --- go figure.

Jo
  1st of Feb, 2008

Same story for me with everydayfurnishings.com. I ordered a chest on 9/11/07. After many phone calls/emails, lots of excuses and empty promises, still no chest. I have filed complaints with the BBB of New York and the FBI's white collar crime internet site. I also called the manufacturer (Pulaski Furniture) to let them know. I plan to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals, NY . This is a scam and I think Furniture Brand Group and Sun Deliveries are working hand in hand to scam the public.

Nc
  8th of Feb, 2008
Everyday Furnishings - Scam, stolen money, no items received!
Phone: 877-383-7997
www.everydayfurnishings.com

I had placed an order with EverydayFurnishings.com for over $1700 on 10/2/07. We have made over 15 phone calls inquiring as to the status of out items. To date I have received nothing but false promises re the receipt of my items. I was told we would receive an $85 credit for the order taking sooo long; no credit was received. They did however charge my AMEX credit card 3 days after I placed the order, not at all following suit of all other companies that charge when the items are confirmed as shipped. Essentially they have stolen my money and the money I could have made off that money for the past 5 months. I was told they use a freight company named Alpha and Omega. I looked into this freight company, which is legit, but the contact # I was given from the girl at Everyday Furnishings does not match up... ONE HUGE SCAM! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. We are looking into consumer protection and any other means of exposing this illegal operation.

Nc
  8th of Feb, 2008

100% SCAM!

Same scenario, only wish I knew in Oct 07 when I ordered $1700 worth of furniture from this company.

Da
  21st of Feb, 2008
Everyday Furnishings - SCAM

THESE PEOPLE ARE GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO. I PURCHASED A DININGROOM SET BACK IN OCTOBER WITH A 4-6 WEEK DELIVERY DATE. HERE I AM IN FEBRUARY AND NO ONE HAS SEEN ANY FURNITURE. ALL I HAVE SEEN WAS A CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD AND ALOT OF PHONE CALLS TO THIS "SO CALLED" COMPANY. AS I AM INVESTIGATING THEM MORE AND MORE, THERE IS MORE THAN ONE FAKE COMPANY BEING RUN OUT OF THIS ADDRESS. CANCEL ANY ORDERS YOU MAY HAVE WITH THESE PEOPLE....YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE YOUR MERCHANDISE......THE SHIPPING COMPANY, ALPHA AND OMEGA IS PART OF THE SAME SCAM NETWORK. DO NOT GIVE ANY CREDIT CARD INFO TO THEM.....YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY. I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO FOX NEWS, THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE, LOCAL NEWS STATIONS AND HOPE FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT. THESE PEOPLE ARE THEIFS AND SHOULD PAY FOR STEALING PEOPLES HARD EARNED MONEY! DO NOT LISTEN TO AL CARTER, SUZIE WALKER OR STAN JAY. THEY WILL PAY!

Rw
  22nd of Feb, 2008

THESE PEOPLE BELONG IN PRISON... we all know that. What if we all call several times a day and just bug the hell out of them? Remind them what ### they are and how prison awaits them. Suzy especially!!!

If nothing else it ties there phones up so other people don't get screwed!!!