Everyday Furnishings / EverydayFurnishings.com / Terrible and inept service!

Everyday Furnishings / Online Furniture
www.everydayfurnishings.com

Everyday Furnishings, 545 8th Ave., New York, NY 10018.

On May 22, 2007, I purchased through an operator a bed which was to be delivered within 6 to 8 weeks. My credit card was immediately billed and I have yet to receive the bed or get an accurate information via customer service. The following is a record of communication.

Called on 7JUL07: Bed will be shipped on 30JUL07... Delivery company will call you to set up time.

Called on 7AUG07: Was asked if they could call me back since they were busy. No one called me back.

Called on 9AUG07: Was told that the bed had been shipped, and delivery company will call me on Fri or Mon

Called on 15AUG07: Was told delivery company will call me on Fri or Mon.

Called on 23AUG07: Was told delivery company will call me on Fri or Mon.

Called Delivery company on 29AUG07: They have no record of a delivery for my name or address.

Called on 29AUG 07: Was told by STEVE that he would look into it, and have his manager contact me, offering either expedited delivery, a discount, or a complete refund.

30AUG07: Company has not contacted me or my wife, I had to contact them. Was told Manager is waiting for a phone call from Broyhill in order to address my problem. Manager will contact me in next 24 hours.

Va

Comments

• Va
      24th of Sep, 2007

Charged a curio cabinet on my credit card, purchase was made by phone after seeing product on the web. A week later canceled the order. Was told I would be charged a 20% re-stocking fee. This item was neither shipped or received. Why should I be charged a re-stocking fee ? Over a week later I still have not received a credit to my account. I've sent a complaint to the NYS Attorney Generals Office. Under no circumstances do business with this company located at 545 8th Ave, Suite 40, NY, NY 10018

24th of Sep, 2007

I think I am having similar experience. They have had my money now for 6 weeks. Made three (3) promise delivery dates that were not met. Although was not informed of a 20% restocking fee... would really tick me off... seem to be having trouble getting reimbursed.

24th of Sep, 2007

Absolutely never do business with these people!!! They take your order, take your money and deliver nothing. I’m currently $3,000 out of pocket having been promised a credit to my credit card but nothing has materialized. They assured me I would receive a delivery at the beginning of June (having placed the order in May) and after a huge amount of chasing they finally said that I would get the order in the middle of July. On the assumption this was 6 weeks late they gave me the option to cancel the order for a full credit which I took. Needless to say no money has shown up as yet

24th of Sep, 2007

I am having the same problems with this company. I placed my order back on 03/30/07. They take your order and your money. I am now out of $2099.00. They have had my money for little over three months. I have contacted them, time and time again about my delivery. All I ended up getting is empty promises. I finally cancelled my order and am still waiting for my money to be returned to me. I have reported them to the NYS Better Business Bureau. Beware all hard working people this company is shady and under any circumstances do business with Everyday Furnishings located at 545 Eighth Ave, Suite 40, NY, NY 10018.

24th of Sep, 2007

I've been scammed too. Order place in April for $4200 worth of bedroom furniture. There place of business is just a generic answering service. They are NOT legit. I was promised delivery by SUN Delivery over the past 5 weeks, trying to get my credit card company to help at this point. I know none of us will probably ever see our money again. I have contacted a lawyer, and am also filing a complaint with the NYS AGA's office, and the BBB (they have 17 complaints listed over the past 12 months!) Don't do business with them!!!

24th of Sep, 2007

Everydayfurnishings.com Located at: 545 Eighth Avenue, Ste. 401 New York, NY 10018. We ordered furniture of June 16, 2007 costing $1400.00 we have yet to see our furniture. We were promised the furniture was shipped on several occasions by Sun Delivery. I called Sun Delivery and they have no clue what I am talking about. I have left numerous voice mails for a manager to call back and no one has returned my phone calls. I have spoken many times to a young lady named Suzy who repeats the same thing every time that it will be shipped and she has no clue as to why it hasn't. Beware do not order anything from this company. They are a scam!!!

• Sk
      5th of Nov, 2007

EVERYDAY FURNISHINGS IN NEW YORK is a scam company. They have taken $12oo from us for an order in early June, and have not delivered or returned money. Have been repeatedly lied to by them, and promised a refund. It is now November 5. I was finally told by them to "file a dispute with the Credit card company! Is this any way to do business?! They are liars, scammers and thieves... and are probably bankrupt. STAY AWAY!

• La
      19th of Nov, 2007

SERVICE? What service??? The only service they are providing is free money to themselves... they are scammers, plain & simple. Yes, you may receive part of your order (the cheapest thing on your list), or be credited $50 bucks for waiting so long, but when they never send the bulk of your order, and you go past the amount of days your card will allow to dispute, in the end, the scammer get to keep your money!

To everyone who has bought items from this company, and not received anything call your credit card company immediate and file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute. My company told me 118 days from the date you purchased...

They recently changed their name to One Click Furniture (which I'm about to post a nasty little something on there too)... ALSO, I did some research, and found many little home improvement businesses being run out of the same address as 545 8th st. NY... so guess what guys... we've been scammed!!

• Ke
      21st of Dec, 2007

Forget about using this business its not worth the $ or your time.
    Hoping for a refund now, for non-delivery. will update with details, good or bad

• Br
      3rd of Jan, 2008

We have been trying to return a bed that was delivered damagaed for 5 months. Each time on the phone they swear credit is pending and the delivery service will be straight out to pick it up. NEVER BY FROM THIS COMPANY!

2nd of May, 2008

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! This is a scam to get your money and not deliver. Placed two orders on 12/2207 and 12/07/07. Was told to call 2/12/08 as the furniture may be delivered earlier. Called 2/12, was told to call back 2/14. Called 2/14. Was told to call back 2/27. Called 2/27 and was told there was not a full trailer to go out until 3/10. Called 3/10. Was told shipping date was 3/12. No furniture arrived. Called and was told ship date was changes to 3/18. No furniture delivered. Called and was told ship date changed to 3/29. No delivery. Received and E-mail that new ship date was 4/29. Called and was told new ship date was 5/29. This company now had over two thousand dollars that was charged to my account. I called on 5/1 and cancelled the orders and was told the full amoount would be credited to my account. Five minutes later, I received an E-mail that "we have attempted to electronically refund your account for your cancelled order. However since we do not use the electronic terminal we once used to bill you, we were unsuccussful. Please contact the customer service number on the back of your card. Once we receive the documentation we will answer accordingly and your funds will be returned directly. Unfortunately at this time this is the only way your funds will be returned to you". My credit card company has been notified and a disput was filed. So sorry I hadn't seen the complaints before I ordered.

• Ge
      29th of Aug, 2008

I ordered a chest of drawers in May. My credit card was charged and they said delivery would be in 6-8 wks. After 8 weels I called to see when the item was shipped. They then told me the chest was discontinued. They said they just found that out. That was because I had just called. Otherwise, I would have never found out anything, They said my money would be put back on my credit card. 5 minutes later I received the same e mail the last guy listed ver battem. This is a fraudulant company. I have contacted my visa and still have had no luck retreiving my money. Do not do business with this company.