Every SINGLE store that I go to / Pets

It just frickin' angers me that my beloved kitty or puppy isn't allowed in the damn store with me. Hell, that's cruel! Oh, sure, that three-year-old who rips lettuce up, throws the cheese around, and knocks over the old lady and coffee stand is allowed in, but little Fifi who just gently wants to be pet and accepts with gratitude the free sample of roast beef isn't? That is just plain mean, to me, to pets, and to every animal lover on the face of the planet. (By the way, to allergic people, please, there are many allergy meds on the market. :) )

Ev

Comments

• Ad
      4th of Apr, 2009

Funny...I have 2 Boston Terriers and I say ### store policy...I put them in the Basket anyway...They just chill while we shop...hahahha...this is a funny complaint though...just break the rules dude...what r they going to do?? call the cops??

• Ra
      4th of Apr, 2009

As a business owner yes i would call the cops. Do you not realize that the store could have its health license revoked and closed due to your negligence?

4th of Apr, 2009

What about the little boy thats picking his nose over by the carrots? Are to old smoker guy clearing the mucus from his throat by the fresh unwrapped lettue heads? I would rather give my dog a big sloppy kiss...

• So
      4th of Apr, 2009

I know a gentleman who is VERY allergic to cats. I've seen one good sniff prompt a trip to the doctor. Its not fair to him that he be exposed to an animal when the animal is clearly not allowed in the building.

4th of Apr, 2009

Other people are highly alergic to perfumes and hairsprays too but you dont see showers at the entrances of the local Wal-Marts...do you?

• Di
      20th of Jul, 2009

The fact that you are placing a dogs life above a childs is funny, really. The child shouldn't have the right to be in the store, but your pet should? You realize that if your dog has to "go", she can't say "hey, take me outside, i gotta take a dump." A child can. Just leave the pets home to avoid this entirely.

• Xe
      16th of Aug, 2009

I know this is old but I wanted to comment anyways.

I had this happen in a store I worked in, someone wanted to bring in their dog and we weren't able to allow it per health code. We gave her plenty of chances to either bring the dog back out to her car, or asked if she could chain it on the bike racks right outside the front door which she refused. We offered to escort her out of the building but she also refused stating she wanted us to call the police, so we did. The police officer came and talked with her, outside mind you because he did escort her out, and explained that most stores health codes don't include animals. She bantered on with the officer and finally left.

It's just an added something that stores would need to deal with, and unless you are a pet store, you shouldn't need to include animals into your health codes.

I love animals, but they're fine at home when I'm out shopping. I'm sure yours would be too.