EverHome Mortgage / Horrible Mortgage Company

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Our home equity line of credit that had a zero balance and didn't even know was even active, was sold to EverHome. We received a letter from EverHome stating we owed them $75.00 for a maintenance fee.We stated to them we thought that account was closed a couple years ago.We never received any type of fee for an inactive account from the previous company.The customer service department was horrible and no help at all. That said they would have to investigate the situation and send us a copy of the original contract with the terms.We never received any documents from them and were told that if we wanted to close the account we needed to send the $75.00 fee and an additional $39.00 for paperwork to close any already inactive account.To make matters even worse they said they would only accept a cashier's check or money order.We have contacted every complaint department in the State Of Florida to let them know, the crooks they have operating in their state.I highly recommend making sure you investigate this company before doing any business with them!!!

Ja

Comments

• Va
      14th of Oct, 2008
    EverHome Mortgage - Overcharged
    Everhome Mortgage
    everhomemortgage.com

Everhome refused to accept the renewal of my insurance company and they applied their own insurance company, who was charging nearly 3 times more. After several months of calling customer service they accepted my original insurance. But continue to charge the difference. We are still dealing with their customer service and continue to play the hot potato game being send from one dept to another dept. Each dept claims it the other dept to fix the error. Mean while they keep collecting the extra monies for the insurance that we do not have with them. Please email me if you have a similar problem.

• Ro
      18th of Nov, 2008

I cannot make any comments as of yet since dealing with everhome mortage is new to me. Anyway I just got off the phone with one of the office workers in reference to a problem that I have. GMAC my mortage holder transferred my loan to Everhome, in which, I told her that my son who is buying the home from me, summitted payment to GMAC and it came back. She advised me to remit payment before the end of the month and it will be posted. I hope this experience isn't as negitive as it sounds by the comments of read

• Te
      19th of Nov, 2008

I am just sitting down to mail my first payment to EVERHOME since my mortgage was bought from GMAC. Listening to this it doesn't sound good. I hope this is not going to be a big head ache. sounds like you really have to watch them all the time.

• Sh
      11th of Mar, 2009
    EverHome Mortgage - aggravating phone recordings
    everhome mortgage company
    Missouri
    Phone: 573 386-2307

I just filled out a complaint about receiving automated phone messages about being " late" by one day when in fact we have 16 day grace period they have no business callling us. Here is a wonderful way everyone can benifit. CALL THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION @ 877-382-4357. I have already done this. If they receive more than 1 (mine) complaint they will investigate the company. Everhome needes to stop harrassing people it's not good business! My husband and me think that they are hurting for money. The best thing that could happen to this company is if they were bought out by some descent company!

• De
      24th of Mar, 2009
    EverHome Mortgage - No receipt of payments
    Everhome Mortgage
    Des Moines
    Iowa

Our home loan was sold to Everhome, without our knowledge of course, in November of 08. Our first payment was due Dec 1. We apparently sent it to the wrong office and somewhere in between coasts the check was lost. Contacted by Collections dept or something like that to advise no payment on Dec 14. We tried to explain it was sent, even gave them a check number, so were advised to stop payment on that check ($35 fee) and issue a new one plus $15 late fee. We complied and all was well for 3 months. Suddenly out of the blue the Collections people call again saying our check for March payment did not clear. We went to our bank and they had no record of ever processing that particular check. Our account balance was more than sufficient to cover the payment. We had our bank representative (nice lady) contact Everhome customer service and advise them of the situation. Apparently they (Everhome) wanted to charge us some fees again even though it was not our fault. The nice lady casually mentioned that was not very good customer relations which I whole heartedly agree. Everhome said they would waive fess this time. We ended up this time cancelling another check and made a phone payment however additional fees were attached. Our bank did waive the check cancellation fee. Looks like we will be in the market to re-finance again with guess who. Seems like Everhome is doing this for the extra fees.

• Ko
      29th of Apr, 2009
    EverHome Mortgage - Mic Communication
    EverHOme Mortgage
    Florida

I was set up on a re-payment plan with ever home, my payment was suppose to start on june 1st. i was not to have a payment for april or may but guess what they pulled 1, 285.00 out of my checking account causing me to over draw my checking account by 483.00 and bouncing about a half a dozen checks! i called to have the payment returned to my checking and they said it wouldn't be a problem i faxed all the info they needed into them not once not twice but i loaded up my 3 year old and 3 week old up 3 times to fax it in because they didn't recieve it. 3 times 3 different numbers and i still have no refund. Yesterday a guy named keith called and said that if i called customer service they would be able to refund my money and that its was okayed by his supervisor and i called and called and called and no one knows which keith it was and have no record and they want me to fax my info in a 4th time! i still have no money and the checks continue to come through and charge my account 25 dollars everytime theey come through and cant pull! im diguisted with everhome motgage and they have by far the most worthless ### customer service! i get better results at walmart!

• Sc
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Breaking into a military home...will not work with him on loan...they suck...he is over there risking his life and they will not work with him ...what a joke...

• Ri
      17th of Nov, 2010
    EverHome Mortgage - Payment plan
    EverHome Mortgage
    Florida

I called EverHome on Friday the 12th of Nov. 2017. I had wanted to inform your company that my payment for November would be in on the last working day of the month due to the fact that I changed jobs. I WAS INFORMED THAT I WAS LISTED AS BEING ON A PYMENT PLAN. I explained to Customer Service representative that I had been on a payment plan and that I had caught up all my payments and was current. I also explained that I was informed in Sept. hat at the end of the moth if I was current I would be dropped from the payment plan.
    The CSR transferred me to the Home Owners Solutions Department. I was connected to someone who informed me that after I made my Nov. payment that the payment plan would drop off my account. I informed him that I was promised that it would drop off at the end of Sept. when my account was brought current and that I would like that payment plan removed at this time because I had fulfilled my obligation of making my account current.
    The agent could not clear up the matter so I asked to speak with a manger. Fred was the manager my call was routed to on Friday, Nov. 12, 2017. Fred was very unhelpful and his tone was negative as well as insulting. Fred started out demanding that I pay the current month mortgage. He did not even address the issue I was calling about the payment plan that was still attached to my record. I stated that it was not late as of yet because I had a grace period. Fred became argumentative and stated “No, you are late on the 2th of the month”. He also stated that he would have the payment plan deleted from my account only if I paid on my loan before the end of the month. Fred informed me that I was late by the second of the month in a manner that suggested that I did not have a 15 day grace period, thus I asked him, “if I am late by the 2nd why is a late fee not charged until the 16th of the month” Fred’s tone became hostile and he refused to look into my records and tried to use strong arm tactics on me and changed the subject back to the payment plan which he again refused to drop from my account.
    I restated to Fred that my account was current and thus the payment plan no longer applied. He became nasty with me and asked when I was going to pay this month’s payment yet again. I repeated what I explained to the CSR about starting a new job and paying at the end of the month. He stated in no certain terms that unless I paid before the end of the month he would consider me late for next month if I did not pay by the first of December and the payment plan would stay attached to my account. I informed Fred that I had a 15 day grace period so if my funds came in early I would pay by the 15th if not I would pay at eh end of the month as I stated previously.
    I was becoming frustrated with Fred, his tone was insulting and his terms and voice inflection was not kind, thus I ended the phone. I recalled Everhome in hopes of obtain an individual with a better knowledge of your companies computer systems and someone better skilled in customer service.
    I was lucky enough to speak with Mrs. Erica. I explained the situation to Mrs. Erica. She looked into my records and saw that my account was current and that there was a note on my account that the payment plan should have fallen off at the end of Sept. Mrs. Erica corrected the problem and wished me a good day.

• Sd
      1st of Dec, 2010

I have an identical issue. I am paying my own insurance (uninterrupted service since i purchased my home). EverHomeMortgage is charging me an extra $500 without my authorization though i have a letter from their insurance that the policy is cancelled and there should be no charges. Judging from the many complaints on the net about this company, it seems that they are not a credible, good business. How can we take this matter further? Anybody had any success in stopping them from their bad practices?

• Na
      16th of Feb, 2011
    EverHome Mortgage - refund of overpayment re: property taxes
    everhome mortgage
    unknown
    Jacksonville
    Phone: toll free

On Saturday I received a demand for remittance complete with due date and instructions. I had recently received an exemption for disability from the county in which I live. All taxes and insurance premiums are part of the monthly premium terms of my 30 year fixed mortgage contract. Since this exemption was issued because of my disability, I contacted the 800 number on said demand letter on Monday because they were closed until then. Well what a fiasco, I w as told to get the check #s from my county for myself and to prove that the refund existed. Being in customer service for fourteen years, I was appalled to say the least. After I finished my research, I again called the 800 # and repeated the problem to their representative, at that time she told me that they did not have a 800# for the address that my refund was sent to. I find it hard to believe that my taxes were sent to the wrong address but were applied properly to escrow, however the refund was sent to that same address and nobody knows what happened to the refund checks, okay there are two refunds in question. Where do I voice my opinion?

• Fl
      28th of Mar, 2011

The same thing happened to my husband and me. We have NEVER been late and all of a sudden they have started calling our house every month about the mortgage payment. I am so annoyed and sick about it. I thought it was only happening to us! WTF is going on? I guess they must be hurting for money.

• Ro
      3rd of Apr, 2011

We are having the same issue (forced flood insurance because they failed to pay our flood insurance dues in time). They have given us the run-around for months and refuse to even explain the issue.
    I recommend the following:
    1.) Mail them an official letter using the complaint form on the following website : www.mortgagesfinancingandcredit.org/
    2.) If this doesn't work then contact the appropriate regulatory agency, which can also be found at the website above

• Ur
      17th of Jul, 2012

Ever-Home Mortgage_ They need to be investigated. I missed 1 payment when my brother found out he
    had cancer and we were taking him to DR. apt. this is considered a bona-fide error. when we realized the mistake they wouldn't even work with us to help us get caught up again. Instead they turned it over to collection and was going to start foreclosure on the house.
    We had to pay lawyer fees and 6 months back payments because they returned our last 2 payments stating they were late also...

22nd of Sep, 2012

Yep, my payment mysteriously disappeared into thin air. The calls started a day after the grace period. They wanted me to pay over the phone. Nope, not going to happen. I said I would do a stop payment and send another check. Period. I also told them I was fully aware of their bad reputation and that I was taking notes. Now, they have set automated harrassment calls. If they really want this house, I can easily string out a foreclosure for at least a year through the court system. Furthermore, this is not a house they want. It's in a bad neighborhood, upside down mortgage, felons on every block, and is in need of very expensive repairs. I could walk away with no problem. They had better be glad I've been making timely payments, because if they ultimately end up with this house it will bite them in the butt!!