Everest University / 4 years of a 4.0 and no degree

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I started with Everst University in 2005 to earn my AA. I was told after I earned my AA I could transfer all of my credit to earn my BA. I was suposed to graduate April 11, 2009 with my AA and in November of 2008 the school had stopped letting me into my classes for no reason. It took me three months to get someone to return my calls or emails. Finally in March of 2009 administrations from Everest called to let me know that after 4 years I had a balance appear of $10, 000.00 plus I was on grants and loans that had been approved. In 4 years I was never contacted about this balance. They are now not allowing me back in school and will not release my credits to any other school until this balance is paid. I was not supposed to paying anything to my loans until 6 months after I graduated.

Everest University has screwed me out of my job, internships, and now 4 years of my career and life. I am being told by other collages that I now have to start all over again.

Comments

• Di
      31st of Aug, 2009

Same thing is happening here, never been notified except once and the person who contacted me never got back to me so of course I though everything was ok. This is an on going problem with Everest that I have come to find out. Stear clear, I will fight tooth and nail for my degree. If anyone else has experienced this problem then we need to find a way to prevent them from doing this. Law suit maybe?

• Li
      19th of Sep, 2009

I also am having the same problem! They said that I had a large balance and kept sending me certified letters saying that if I didn't turn in this or that paperwork I would have to pay out of pocket. I had turned in all the paperwork to multiple people and have proof of it as well! I called everyone that I could and rarely get called back. If I do get called back it's always someone different than it is suppossed to be saying that I didn't hand in this or that, so I send them proof that I did, send the papers in yet again, and a month later I am getting another letter or call about the same stuff. Apparently I had this large balance almost from the beginning. Now I am having trouble graduating because they are saying that me not turning in this paper or that paper is making it so I can't take the last four and a half courses I need to graduate! I've also requested documentation on all monies that have been lended to me and how those monies were being spent and they refuse to give it to me. If anyone is going to sue or something, I want to be a part of it!!

• Na
      22nd of Sep, 2009

I am having the same issue as well, and money that I know is suspposed to be there is not. I am going to contact the DOE and see what I can do from there. I am wanting other people who are dealing with the same nightmare to do that same thing.
    you can email me at: nikol at farm2forkdelivery. com

I have a almost 10 grand balance because the first lady never turned int he paper work. I am supposed to grad in 2010 but yet I will not be able to transfer any of my credits because they will not help me resolve the issue. I have gotten a genesis loan, which is only $3000 and it was sent over 2 weeks ago and has yet to post to my account. I can not do anything but sit on my hands. THe quality of education is sub-par for the money being spent. I would get the same quality education at the public library and with the same result, no actual degree.

I do plan on taking action, however, you must take the proper steps first.

• Je
      28th of May, 2010

I am having problems with Everest. I am about to graduate and I was told that I owe the school 8, 000 dollars in back money. I was also told that I have exhausted all my funds. I never heard of such a thing. They are telling me if I do not pay this loan or take out a loan out to pay this amount I will not be able to get my BS degree. I've also received student refund checks and then receiving calls saying I owe money. I thought student refund was a refund after all your tution and books have been paid. Apparently, Everest didn't clear my entire account before sending me a refund check. Is anyone else going through this currently? If so, how can I take action. I wish I would've did my research before selecting this college.

• Ms
      17th of Jun, 2010

I have also experienced some “shady” business dealing with Everest University. I graduated with my Master’s Degree in November of 2009. I did at the time of completion, have an outstanding balance, which was able to pay off in January of 2010. Once I made the final payment to the school, my transcripts and diploma were released to me. In May of this year I was contacted by the school saying that I had a balance of $100.00 remaining…WTH? I was told once before that I wouldn’t receive my diploma of transcripts as long as I owed the school any money, but I did receive them both.

Now they want even more money from me. I’m not very pleased with the way in which they handle the student accounts & I refuse to give them another red penny, especially after they fact.

• Av
      13th of Aug, 2010

i am havin same problem grad electrian 4.0 and was promised journey man no just got a piece of paper with eletrical grad on it now they want thier money time to get a class suite going

• Tj
      26th of Aug, 2010

I was just told That I owe $3, 000 dollars and will not receive my diploma if I do not pay my balance. We need to get together and form a law suite against these thieves and warn others about their practices.

• Tj
      26th of Aug, 2010

I was just told that I owe them $3000 and will not get my diploma unless I pay them. I did not receive any notice of this before and now that I am ready to graduate they tell me this. I will not give these crooks another dime. We need to form a law suite agaainst these crooks and warn others of their tractics.

31st of Aug, 2010

write a complaint letter to the DOE in FL addressing your complaints. I did and got my balance written off and even got them to admit their mistake. This is after 2 years of fighting with them.

31st of Aug, 2010

Also, I am trying to get at least 50 people together to start a CAS against them. They have a pattern with their dealings. if you do have a VALID complaint please email me.

• Jr
      10th of Sep, 2010

I am currently a student and having problems with my financial aid. I have received nothing for my spring or summer term and it's just about fall term now. When I called today they couldn't explain to me where the money was or how it was spent. I beleive this "school" in not legit at all.

11th of Sep, 2010

there is a site dedicated to stopping them that was just created stopeverestuniversity dot come

16th of Dec, 2010

Next time you should read the fine print before you sign. All of us in class signed the same paperwork, but only the idiots seem to forget that and raise hell on a complaints board. Take some personal responsibility and learn what kind of loans you are taking out and understand the financial aid you are receiving. No one is more responsible for your actions than you.

• Dc
      21st of Jun, 2011

i attend the tampa campus. after a yr and some months i needed to take a semster off for personal reason. spoke with admissions and faculity got the okay to take the semster off and they wished me well. when i came back the next semster i was told they no longer offer the program i was in that i was actually the last class they enrolled and i can not complete my aa nor will my credits trans to just a certificate program and the credits are a waste to any other school. basically i have been told there is nothing they can do but re enroll me to a program i dont want to take and get more loans...granted i did speak with admissions and faculity and no one thought to tell me that if i take anytime off im basically screwed. what can i do? i have 10, 000 in student loans ( dont get me started on that because idk how in a yr and a few months i can incurr that much) no degree nothing...i owe all this money for nothing and basically been told theres nothing i can do... please if anyone knows anything email me dcauzzort@gmail.com

• Sh
      30th of Nov, 2011

Everest commercials artist worst. This university needs to look at these commercials seriously.

• Cr
      7th of Jan, 2013
    Everest University - Unprofessionalism, Career Services
    Everest University
    1575 Garden of the Gods Rd
    Colorado Springs
    Colorado
    Phone: 7195227213

I have a complaints against Careers Services Department because of their lack of help with mt employment.

• Br
      4th of Apr, 2015
    Everest University - scam
    Everest University
    Orlando

I tried going to another college and the credits I earned at Everest are useless, cant be transfer over for another degree. I was promise they would help find me a job after graduation and they did noting. Degree not transferable to any college.