Everest College / no help in placement

1 Springfield, MO, United States Review updated:

i attended everest college in [protected]. i got a's and b's and graduated with an associate's degree in medical receptionist. the "placement director" (and i do use the term loosely) sent me on exactly two interviews, neither of which job i got. i have heard rumors that everest doesn't really help older graduates and at age 49 i fit that category. i wasted thousands of dollars for absolutely nothing. the placement director at the springfield mo location is useless. i have no idea what they pay her for.

Ey

Comments

• Th
      29th of Aug, 2009

the reason you did not get the job is because your looser attitude...the company felt that you would quit before the week would be out...

• Ka
      1st of Mar, 2010

I ATTENDED EVEREST UNIVERSITY POMPANO BEACH CAMPUS FOR ALMOST 2 1/2 YEARS AND IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY, THE TEACHERS THERE DON'T CARE, THEY SPEND THE TIME TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CLASS, YOU GO TO CLASS AND 2 HOURS LATER THEY LET YOU GO AND YOU DONT LEARN AMYTHING, FORGET ABOUT TRANSFERING YOUR CREDITS, NO SCHOOL WANTS THEM, AND GETTING A JOB GOOD LUCK WITH THAT TOO, FINANCIAL AID SUCKS, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS, THAT MESS UP YOUR LOANS ALL THE TIME
    WELL NOW I AM UNEMPLOYED, MOTHER OF 2 AND WITH CLOSE TO $40, 000 + IN DEBT WITH SALLIE MAE AND AES MY LIFE NOW IS WORSE THAN BEFORE, MY BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS GOING TO THAT SCHOOL, AND THEY KEEP CHANGING THEIR NAME, WHAT ARE THEY RUNNING FROM

SOMEONE SHOULD SUE THEIR ###!!!PIECE OF ### SCHOOL

19th of May, 2010

I am attending Everest College of Chesapeake seems to me everyone is complaining they can not find a job, you can not blame Everest for your non-chalont networking of helping YOURSELF to find a job, the College can only do so much your attitude goes a long way. I am very satidfied with the teachers that know their sh-- most of them are working in the field, have had past positions in the field, what better knowledge can you obtain from someone that"s been ther done that. So, stop whinning get of your rusty dusty and help yourself, you have to take the first step. EVEREST is a great place to be.

1st of Jul, 2010

I'm amazed at how someone can expect anyone else to hand them a job. You were set up with two interviews. They did their part. The question is why didn't YOU get the job? No one can "get" the job for you. You have to "get" the job yourself.

1st of Jul, 2010

I graduated with my bachelor's degree from a "traditional" school. There was no placement assistance. In fact, most college grads have no job placement assistance. We work hard to find our own jobs. I wish someone could have set me up with even one interview, but even then, I understand that it's up to ME to sell my own abilities and my own combination of education and experience. Even if this school did promise you assistance - you've got to take ownership of your own career and make things happen for yourself. I'm tired of this sense of entitlement and looking for the easy way out. You didn't pay for someone to give you a job - you paid for an education that will better market you to potential employers. I've just started on my master's degree with this school, and I've already receive resume assistance and I've been set up on an interview next week for a potential position. I won't judge the school based on whether or not I get the job. If I get it, it's because I successfully marketed myself to the employer. If I don't get the job, then I could accept that the fault lies with me, not the school.

12th of Mar, 2011

I am proceeding with a law suit. These money hungry jerks are going down if it takes years I WILL have there accreditation revoked I am a military wife and I get free lawyers so this is no skin off my nose these people are terrible its the worst scam!! And they ll tell you anything you want hear to get your money...when I was attending they told a sex offender that they can be a massage therapist!!!

12th of Mar, 2011

If anyone would like to help me bring these f***ers down here's my email Aprilangelides@gmail.com send me an email and if there is any proof you have against these douche bags that would help greatly help me help you and we can sue the pants off of these people

12th of Mar, 2011

This IS the complain board, complaining is kind of the main reason to visit this site so by telling someone to quit complaining is pretty stupid...and from the sound of it most of you haven't had issues yet or haven't even attended everest, it is a terrible college, do your homework before you put people down for putting up a complaint okay? cause everest is on the verge of lossing their accreditation because they have lied, cheated, and screwed over many students. Allowed criminals with horrible criminal records work in the medical field. They allowed a girl working towards her MA degree come in wreaking of alcohol every Monday!!! and they try to keep failing students in not because they want to help but because they would get in trouble if too many people drop the program so while I worked my butt off to keep my gpa perfect these girls can sleep the program away and still graduate its not fair at all and I'm sorry but do you want to leave your life in the hands of a drunk or get your massages from a rapist? I didn't think so, so please don't go telling people its because of them not the schooling because the school is paid extra to do those extra things. There a bull sh** school and always will be and I hope the whole Damn corporate office gets fired and every one of their schools shut down...because yes certain everest colleges might be good but their corporate office still oversees all the schools and allows things like this to happen so I hope it all gets shut down

• Ke
      17th of Oct, 2011

ok i have been only to George brown college and found it amazing...one of my close friends is attending Everest. so far she likes it and seems to have no complaints. Now im thinking of attending Everest myself but have heard many stories and its making me think twice. a while back i remember having a conversation with one of my friends and she was complaining that a friend of hers attended a college (ones from tv either cdi or everest) and was very frustrated. i remember her telling me that her friend graduated and had no placements so she couldn't find a job. also she decided to apply herself to other agencies and most of the agencies never even heard of the school, they asked for proof of her diploma and stated ''im sorry we cannot accept this diploma, this is a non accredited college meaning not funded by the government and communities, meaning..private schooling with no accredited college certificate''. Most of our schools, colleges, and even universities here in Canada are funded and controlled by the school board ministry of education. Therefore, schools that are private funded need a special certificate from the board of education, (such as ESL SCHOOLING) this certificate allows private schools to have placements, accredited teachers/ counselors/ tutors etc., a well known name for job agencies, and much more. so i have done my research and came to the conclusion that i should continue my education at a accredited school such as george brown college. I wont waste my time, money and efforts in doing the right thing. I will have placements and will find a job. Of course i will still be owing OSAP but for the right reasons. so for people trying to go to a non well known college then do your research, make sure they are accredited school (owning a certificate of education from the school board of education) unfortunetly my friend is still at everest and is aware of this situation.