Everest College Burr RidgeTeachers

R Review updated:

I attend Everest College. I will done with this school in November. I have to say out of three teachers that I have, I have one who knows what he is talking about. He is an actualy a Doctor. There is such favortism it is unreal. The Lab teacher We call her Mrs. B. does her grading different for everyone depending on her mood. Teachers there have no respect for the students you are just a number to them. I had a problem for no reason. Mrs. Robinson came into our class and asked everyone if they lived in Bolingbrook because a student needed a ride . I asked what mod are they in. ( I did this to see if I can commit to driving this other student because I will be done in the school in October I start extership) This teacher snapped off at me and stated " It don't matter"!!! I tried to talk and explain why I needed to know. All of a sudden she was treating me like I was in High School. She told me to go stand out in the hall until she was ready to come out. I smerked I said " No I wont when you are ready to talk I will come out" She went on and on. Told me I had an attitude. Blew everything out of wack. She walked me down to the Boss lady Mrs. Anderson. Started telling her side of things and began to add to the story and say I was cussing at her. I almost fell off my chair. I looked at her and said " Wow you are good" " You are wrong" Mrs. Robinson lied right through her teeth. I stated we sould go back into class and ask the class. After sitting there with both of us. Mrs. Robinson looked at me with a smile and left the room. I was left w/ Mrs. Anderson. Mrs. Anderson listened to what I had to say and then told me she has to take the side of the teacher. WHAT THE HELL !!! What just happened????? I was trying to help a fellow student and A black teacher got pissed at me and started this big blow up. Mrs. Anderson asked me to appoligize to Mrs. Robinson to keep the peice. I would not. Mrs. Anderson said she would get hers because of the higher power out there. I was trying to hold my mouth shut. I am 44 years old and I have been on the Presidents list for the last 5 months I never missed a day of school and I have an "A" average. I do not cause trouble. Why did this happen? Because the day before I treated the Ants in the class room I am a Liscensed Exterminator I was tired of having the ants by my chair another teacher was not happy and tried to tell me I can't treat it. I explained I was liscened by the IDPH and that I can . I went to get permission and they said I can. I put ONE ant bait station down and the next day all hell breaks out teachers are talking about how I wanted to teach at the school that I said I could do a better Job. and so on. How petty is this. I think Mrs. Robinson heard about me got Intimidated and wanted to bring me down in front of everyone. Didnt work. If they would hire teachers over their that can answer questions and teach without the disrespect to the students. I have been there a while and have seen so many teachers and staff mistreat the students. I will say you are only a dollar amount to them. I do have one other teacher Mrs. Nelson for computers. She is real good and does know her stuff in this class. If you are Black or Mexican you will be fine in this school. If you are white look out Prejudice in this school is real bad. Students have gotten there tired slashed, beat up if you attend at night. It is rough. All the school says they didnt see anything no cameras outside. Some teachers would rather be in the click then stand up for you. I told my sister who almost joined not to go here I will be done soon. I read about them trying to find you a job for your externship. They make you wait they dont start helping you until it is to late. You are better off finding it yourself. Those people in that section like Mss. Karla is a joke. You go and try to talk to her she treats you like you are no one. If I can stop anyone from making this mistake like I did. Please email me. All I can say is what I know and seen.

• D
      Aug 15, 2009

It is important to be able to talk to your teachers, especially at the college level. After reading your posting I am glad I didn't go there.

My other thought is that if you are getting a college degree make sure you proof read your resume and cover letters very carefully before you send them out because there are several misspelled words in your complaint. Also your english isn't very good, you used the incorrect 'there' in more than one place.

• H
      Dec 02, 2009

What people don't understand is wherever you go, whether you're in college or at work there are people you're not going to get along and people who aren't getting along with you. The more drama you ad to it, the more you make yourself less credible in my opinion. I wish people could take their ego out of the situation and not expect perfection, but it's too bad that will never happen.

• S
      Jul 21, 2010

I went to that school and yes Mr.B is a total [censor] she puts the B in [censor] and she ise to change everything she would say one way and the next it was another way i'm just glad i finished and never have to see them again i wouldnt recommend the school to anyone.

• T
      Oct 11, 2010

@ Roben1164, it would have been greatly appreciated had you proof-read your complaint. You're going to have problems where ever you go whether the matter is big or small. Its all about how you present your self and the issues at hand. The part about the Ants (Really! WTH!) completely irrevelant.

I too attended the Burr Ridge campus and had not one major problem. I got the chance to meet some great people both staff and students. Mrs. B (D.A) was one of those great people. I had the oppurtunity to be taught by 3 incredible and different styles of instructors. All of which, at the end of the day, made sure you knew what you needed to know. You only get out what you put in, by any chance you didn't do anything, ask questions, take notes then thats on you.

Remind you, these Instructors are at work to instruct, teach, and inform. They are not your buddies.