Evercom / Won't let my phone accept calls from my wife

Evercom blocks my phone although my phone has no block from my phone company! My phone co., otelco, has assured me that it's not because of them! I don't understand why my neighbour, who is also my brother-in-law, and has the exact same phone service as I do, can accept calls from the jail my wife's in, but I cannot!!! Evercom makes a ton of money off people who are already in an unfavourable situation. I think the least they could do is try to provide a GOOD and RELIABLE service!!! their greed and incompetence makes evercom no better than the criminals they prey on!!

Va

Comments

• He
      29th of Jul, 2008

When I get calls from Henry Co., Ga. jail, the calls are disconnected in a few minutes and I am charged for them. I tried to call them and of course I don't have an account, don't want an account, for they are on my AT&T bill. When I finally got a CSR, I was asked my number; I gave it; I was asked my name, I gave it and also my husbands name which is different, to which the phone number is listed under. They told me neither name was on 'the account' I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT! I could get no where. The wanted me to fax them a copy of MY BILL, which the billing is in my name, and the listing is in his name, and I told them "NO"..I had had this number since I moved here 2.5 yrs ago. She kept on about faxing. I hung up. I guess I will not be able to get anymore calls now. This is bull----!!
    SOMEBODY IN THE GOVERNMENTAL SOCIETY SHOULD RIP THE GUTS OUT OF THESE CORRECTIONAL TELEPHONE COMPANIES. WHERE DO I GO NEXT?

• He
      29th of Jul, 2008
    Evercom - Cut off calls and telling me my number don't belong to me
    Phone: 800-844-6591

• Kr
      18th of Aug, 2008
    Evercom - Liars
    Evercom

Im so pissed because the only way I get to talk to my husband is through a pre paid account. I put 90.00 on to my account and it was denied because the stupid automated system didnt get my address correct. Well and hour later I checked my bank statement online and it was deducted. So I called evercom back and they said that I needed to fax them provbe of where it was deducted from my account. So I did that and they said I will be refunded within 3-5 business days. Well that hasnt happen and now Im out of 90.00 of which I could be using to put on the phone or pay other bills with. This company is so ridiculous.

• Em
      19th of Dec, 2008
    Evercom - Unauthorized charges
    ever.com

I received a check in the mail last week from Links Research Group with instructions on how to be a mystery shopper for their company. Also included was a check for $3, 988. Nice amount of cash considering it is Christmas season!

I was about to cash the check when I decided to look up the company online. No company on the whole internet called Links research. Also when I entered Evercom, all that came up was the complaintsboard. I'm definatly glad I checked this out before trying to cash this check.

• Ms
      28th of Dec, 2008
    Evercom - SYSTEM( MALFUNCTION)
    3312 55TH AVE
    Gulfport
    Mississippi
    Phone: 2282130171

WITH ALL THAT THE PHONE SERVICE PROVIDE THERS NO WAY IF SOMONE DONT ANSWER THAT THE CALL SHOULD BE CHARGED.WITH EACH ADDITIONAL DOLLARS AND CENT THE SERVICE IS OVERLOOKED.MY FRIEND THATS INCARCERATED HAS CALLED AND MISSED ME TWICE TO THREE TIMES AND THE ONE DOLLAR HAS BEEN STRIPED FROM MY SERVICE ACCOUNT.WITH THE ONE DOLLAR THE COMPANY NEVER HAS THE SYSTEM UP TP KNOW YOUR NEXT BALANCE.IT ADDS THE BALANCE TO FAST AND TOO SLOW.NOTHING THAT CANT BE FIX.JUST WANT TO KNOW OF THE ADDITIONAL CHARGES THATS ADDED TO THE PHONE &HOW AM I ACCOUNTABLE.

• Da
      30th of Jan, 2009

we all need to get together and file suit. ive contacted bbb and att general you should too

• Su
      15th of Mar, 2009
    Evercom - NEVER CREDIT MONEY ON ACT
    EVERCOM
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

WHEN I PLACED MONEY ON MY PHONE THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD, BUT NEVER PUT IT ON MY ACT FOR PHONE USE. tHEY ARE DISHONEST, AND THE PHONE SERVICE IS AWFUL. tHE OPERATORS ARE UNEDUCATED AND FEW SPEEK ENGLISH WELL ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THEM. tHEY DONT HAVE A EMAIL TO SEND COMPLAINTS OR QUESTIONS. yOU CAN BE ON HOLD ON THE PHONE FOR 20 TO 40 MINUTES. wHO IS THE GOV AGENCY THAT REGULATES THEM? SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THEM IN CONTROL AND MAKE THEM ACT FOR THEIR ACTIONS. SUZIE

• Ti
      14th of May, 2010
    Evercom - Outrageous fees
    Evercom

To get around the outrageously insulting fees that EverCom charges, just buy a cheap Tracfone for 9.99 and get the area code where your loved one is incarcerated. Instead of paying a ridiculous $10.00 for 10 min. you'll only be paying about $1.00 for 10 min.

I had to repeat my message so that it would sum up to 100 words...sorry :^(