Evercom Correctional Billing Services / They're thieves

I’m being billed for calls that I do not get to speak on. The phone will ring and say thank you for using evercom twice, hang up and bill me for the full 30 minutes, I asked for them to please check phones, they do nothing but charge you. They can't speak English so you can't understand them, an easy way to get out of doing anything for you. They need a class action lawsuit on them like some of the other states have filed and won. Someone please help. We are being robbed and can't get any help.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Last year they managed to charge my ATT account $12.95 a moth for 4 months of “service”. It was a real pain to convince ATT that I was not authorizing Evercom Systems or any other company to charge my account any amount of money for any service in particular. Finally I ended up paying for two months, only two months where credited back into my account.
    This year the monster is back, already two months in my telephone bill and one to go.
    My only income is my Social Security check and I can’t afford to let these thieves to get away with this scam.
    My solution to the problem is to have my regular line disconnected, keeping only the internet service and using Vonage as my telephone provider, with free nationwide long distance calls, including a few European countries.
    ATT should be accountable for not protecting their customers like some banks and credit cards companies; after all they reimburse you for unauthorized transactions.

• Sl
      26th of Jul, 2008

I PAY AS YOU GO WITH MY CREDIT CARD. MY CALLS COME ON MY CELL PHONES SO AFTER PUTTING OUT MONEY TIME AND TIME AGAIN I WENT OVER THE BILLS WITH MY CELL BILLS ANDI FIND THAT WE ARE BEING CHARGED FOR CALL S NOT CONNECTED OR ACCEPTED. I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS WRONG BECAUSE IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THAT MANY CALLS TO BE MADE. I ONLY WENT BACK TO JUNE BUT I WILL WATCH MY BILLS IN THE FUTURE AND IF THEY DON'T REFUND THEN IWILL GO TO MYCREDIT CARD COMPANY AS I HAVE PROOF IN BLACK AND WHITE.

18th of Sep, 2008

hi,
    my name iz maria guzman im tryin to fine out something, a case that is going on i had gave my creit card # to some peoples to put money for a phone services for my son to be able to call me for the calls can go tho my house phone and i had gave them 100 dollars to them n i still dont have the phone services i wold like to now how ca i get my money back because i did that 2 time its not workin at all and i need the money back if i cant get the services.

• Co
      27th of Mar, 2009

I have had nany similiar experiences with this company. Also, if you prepay, they allow you to incur charges over what you have pre-paid for taxes and fees. Then they expect you to pay MORE. This company is taking advantage of those of us that have no alternative, they are more criminal than the people they are providing security for. If you want to file a lawsuit, I am willing to help.

Courtney Cobb
    courtney.cobb@yahoo.com
    Lincoln, NE.

• Br
      2nd of Sep, 2009

I had several dropped calls from EVERCOM, Im talkin 1 min, 3 min, 5 min calls, that dropped for no apparent reason, which happened to me all of the time in the past with them and they always credited back the minutes that I lost. Well now they have a new "policy" that does not allow them to automatically credit you the unused minutes. So there is no recourse and they basically, no not basically, THEY DO get paid for airtime that wasn't utilized which is also against FCC regulations.

• Is
      19th of Sep, 2009

I agree something needs to be done, this is very criminal to do this to people.theyre taking advantage of people that use the service, its like they got you over a barrel this is wrong lets ban together on this problem Why is, nt there another company we could use? seems like they have a monopoly on this phone system, lets do something about these pirates!