Ever Brite / Taken £59.64 after I cancelled within trial period

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I paid for the Ever Brite free trial product, then surfed the net and realised the huge amount of complaints from customers being charged for a monthly subscription. I phoned and cancelled immediately and was assured I would not be charged any further payments than the cost of the free trial (which I now wouldn't receive). 7 days on and I have been charged £59.64. The number I have for the company no longer works and I cannot find a number on the internet anywhere? Does anyone know how to contact the company? My bank can make a claim on the payment they've taken but cannot prevent them taking more each month. I don't want to have to cancel my bank account. Please help?? xx

Comments

• Ba
      22nd of Mar, 2010

SORRY CHUCK I WAS THE SAME AS YOU SCAMMED, I HAD TO CANCELL MY CARD IN THE END BUT DONT WORRY THE BANK SOON GET ANOTHER CARD OUT TO YOU BUT WITH ANOTHER SECURITY NUMBER ON BUT THE SAME ACCOUNT NUMBER ON

• Ca
      15th of Apr, 2010
    Ever Brite - Charging My credit card
    Ever Brite

Hello ever one I was one of you who order the ever brite a long with celeberity whites, but right after I did I ran across the complaint website about ever brite, I called my bank to report my card lost, but they had already put a fraud alert on my acc. because they saw the charges from ever brite, so they closed that card and reissued me another card. So, ever brite was not able to charge my card. But if I did not do that my card would have been charge $137.47. One of the most complaints that I am seeing about this co. is them charging credit and people not being able to get a hold of them. Well I have a # 18663982183, but this # is for you to call them to pay your bill hrs. from 9am to 7pm ET. Oh and the letter was a nice/nasty collection letter. I hope this help some of you.

• Ms
      20th of May, 2010
    Ever Brite - Ever Brite
    Ever Brite

I've been a victim too. I was charged $127 and $87++. I was livid. They told me, I can return the product and they'll charge me only $59 for shipping cost of returned product to China!!! Here's what I did: I called my credit card and told them charges were not authorized and therefore fraudulent. VISA credited my account and put the charges on dispute for 30 days, cancelled my current card (very important so that they can't use the card for re-charging and other scams) and sent me a new one with a new account number. I also sent a message to the following sites below. Please send your complaints to these sites. A growing number of complaints can lead to an investigation and a stop to this.

Help Me Howard : helpmehoward@wsvn.com
    Shame On You By Arnold Diaz (Fox 5) http://www.myfoxny.com/subindex/news/shame
    Better Business Bureau https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en#last

New Jersey (or find your state Consumer Affairs Office)
    State Offices

www.hudsoncountynj.org, Hudson County Consumer affairs page

• Ay
      7th of Dec, 2010
    Ever Brite - Cannot get in touch to cancel

Can anyone help?! I signed up for the free trial back in march but only recently noticed how I've been charged since then on a number of occasions for products that I've not even received! I've tried to go on the website www.xmorders.com after reading other complaints posted but there is no mention of ever brite on there! Further more, I have tried to call the numbers which don't seem to exist anymore! Please help!

• Wh
      7th of Dec, 2010

Cancel your debit card and get a new one. They won't be able to charge you anymore.