Evenflo / Sell broken merchandise!

1 United States

Bought an Evenflor Tribute car seat from Sears several months ago. Because we didn't need it until recent months, when our child outgrew the other car seat, we didn't open the box. Upon opening it, the product was broken. Tried to exchange the item to Sears, but they declined because it's past their 3 month exchange policy. Told us to contact the manufacturer. Evenflo advised us that their isn't anyone to help us where we live, in Hawaii. The best they can do is send us replacement pieces to fix the brand new car seat. Now, I'm waiting for replacement pieces for a car seat that has never been used. Seems unsatisfactory to me that I should have to fix a car seat on my own because the manufacturer doesn't have anyone locally, and Sears is unwilling to exchange the item and deal with Evenflo on their own. Child restraints, of all items I can think of, should be built, bought and delivered in pristine condition. It's chilling that Evenflo would have me replace parts on their product, and unsatisfactory that Sears would not be willing to exchange an unused item, which came broken.