European Fitness Center / Fraudulent charges

United States Review updated:

Simon (owner) gets people by this phrase, 'A promotion that just ended would allow you to avoid paying enrollment fees, and if you sign up today, I will make an expection for you.' I thought I was getting a month to month membership and that if I couldn't pay, the membership would freeze and I couldn't work out. This is what he said to me the day I signed up.

Little did I know that the document he had me sign was a contract that binds me to pay a years worth of membership and only after this can membership be frozen. I received threatening phone calls from his business office and it was at this point I realized I had been a victim of deceptive practices.

They want to sue me to get the money from me. I never paid him a dime and he won't void my membership. Who would want to work out at a facility that lies and threatens people? Women, watch out for this place. They will get you locked in and they act all honest at first, but never say anything about the year contract they get you to sign. He acts like it is a membership that we just discussed that you are signing. What business owner tells a new client that they are 'easy?' Yeah, easy to get money out of.
Re

Comments

Aj
  11th of Feb, 2009
We had the same issues there. The place is disgusting, low quality, but because the monthly price is cheaper than elsewhere, we tried it. Ugh. They treat you are inconveniencing them every time you enter the facility. No "Hello, how are you?" but just a rude glare from the receptionist. Everyone was so nice when we first signed up, including Simon, but after they had our money, they never so much as smiled at us again. This is a cheap, fake, dirty place to workout and the trainers are posers who are never actually helpful. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS. Trust me, you will regret it. Pay a little more and get a quality facility and service.
Jp
  30th of Jul, 2014
I have been a member of European Fitness for a long time and when I joined they made it very clear about the contract etc., I have always enjoyed being a member of the club. I just don't believe that people sign things without checking it, then accuse someone of decieving them.thats not right. It is like any other bill that you commit to pay, someone will call you if you don't pay!!!