Europcar France / money stealing company

1 France Review updated:

Rented the car in France last summer from Europcar in Avignon TGV station. Returned it 3 weeks later in Rennes and a few weeks later got a bill in the mail which was 300 euro higher than anticipated. Asked them why (the bill didn't specify the reason, just had a letter 'A' as the item name, nice sense of humor) they told me that I returned the car damaged. Needless to say that I returned the car in a perfect shape, I have a witness and they even didn't bother to inspect it upon return. Now I know why.
Stay away from this scam company.

I'm looking for consumer rights information in France. I don't speak french and I read french as a 3 year old, but I want to make Europcar life as difficult as possible.

Me

Comments

• Re
      8th of Apr, 2009

Stay away from this scam company.

• Ks
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I will never rent from europe car again. I rented from imperial car, south africa 2007 since then they have become europcar. I received a bill of over R9000 a year and a half renting the car ...i am still trying to sort the matter.