Europcar / fraud & scam

1 Edinburgh Scotland, United Kingdom Review updated:

In April 2009 I collected a prebooked car at Europcar Edinburgh Airport, I was requested to sign a blank screen on the counter, after I asked to see what I had signed I was shown the print out of the rental agreement with an upgrade & an additional 88 pounds on top of the agreed price, although I had not requested an upgrade. As it was late & Easter I was told take the car as no others were available & call after the weekend to have the matter rectified. I did this & was told by europcar that I had it seems requested an upgrade & signed for it but I should discuss the matter when I returned the car 17 days later. on return I was told this would be rectified, I received the invioce 7 days later with the upgrade & extra 88 pounds. I contacted Europcar again ( which is not easy) & was told I had requested an upgrade & signed for it... End of story.. I have sinced faxed, mailed & phoned but recieve no reply.<br />
<br />
Beware of this scam with signing a blank screen.. Europcar, national & Alamo are now all 1 company & have signature screens on their counters. Michael Morris

Comments

• Aj
      12th of Nov, 2009

Stay awsy form Europcar. Europcar is a fraud and a sham. WE ere a little late in retruning a car and htey hit us iwth a $375 charge, equla to thier full retial. That comes out to $125 per hour. Stay with aUS firm to get fiar trtment.