Europcar / overcharges
We recently completed a rental with Europcar from Heathrow airport. Like other posts to this board, we had the attendant go over the vehicle and he agreed that everything was fine and there would be not further charges.
A week later, I found a charge to my credit card for 350 pounds. Four days later, a second charge of 350 pounds was posted.
Unfortunately, we live in North America and I cannot go down to the Europcar office to complain. I sent a query in through the Europcar website and received a reply stating that it would be forwarded to customer service. I tried to call Europcar on two different numbers (no toll free service1!). One rang contiunuously without an answer. The second was always busy.
I have put in a challenge on all Europcar charges through my credit card company and contacted the travel agent through which we rented the car. Hopefully I will get my money back.
Europcar is running a scam, are untrustworthy, and are nothing more than your garden variety highway robbers.
DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.
I feel like I have been dealing with a company in a 3rd world country. But that is probably an unfair slight to 3rd world countries.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - not full tank!
- Europcar International - lack of damage report and repair estimate
- Europcar International - unprofessional attitude from the staff working in europcar office in cairo international airport terminal 3
- Europcar International - too much billed
- Europcar International - factuur 10091237079 date 23.10.2018 reservation number 1091.336.442