Eureka Forbes India, Water Purifier-Reviva / Serviceman absconding after taking money

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a water purifier machine from Eureka Forbes, Aquagaurd Reviva RO, in the first quarter of 2006 in Varanasi city. The sales personal Mr. Pradeep Rai came to my home to sale the product and installed it. During one year of warrantee period he came several times to check the performance of machine. So we were quite satisfied with the service. But on July 6, 2007 after almost one year he came and suggested me to make a service contract for one year in RS.1600/- which covers free service and damages if any. So I agreed and gave him the said amount. He worked on machines and said that he had no fresh candles to change so he would come on July 8th to replace the parts. When I asked for receipt of the fee which I gave him, he said he is not carrying the receipt book so he would give me on 8th July. Since he came to me several time I had no reason to disbelieve him. But since that day he did not turn up, neither any body came from his office. On inquiring I was told that he has left the Job a month before and has joined some new concern in Meerut. When I managed to reach him on phone he outright said that I can claim this money from the Eureka Forbes since his Provident Funds etc are still lying in Varanasi Branch.

It’s really shocking that sales men and service people of such a reputed company are so shameless and playing fraudulent. I have informed the office, instead of sending somebody to repair my machine and solve the case I am asked to visit their office nearly 10 Km far from my house. This is to draw the attention of the concerned executives of Eureka Forbes to stop such fraudulent their employees playing with prospective customers and bring relief to me.

Comments

• Cm
      8th of Aug, 2008

EUREKA FORBES LTD CUSTOMER CARE PATNA has not cared to replace the filtering element despite three telephonic reminders, the mechanic comes promises to replace it the following day and disappears.
    The Filter is under Annual Maintanance Contract vide receipt no 15208404. C M PRASAD, PATNA

• Ka
      24th of Sep, 2008

EUREKA FORBES LTD CUSTOMER CARE VARANASI does not care for customers.The concerned agency and service persons dont turn up after several calls.Can you imagine that a minor fault in the machine is detected after five days. For five days i have to arrange drinking water from outside my house.My annual contract receipt no is 15320335.

• Sw
      29th of Oct, 2008

I purchased a water purifier machine from Eureka Forbes, Aquagaurd e boiling, in the first quarter of 2006 in DURGAPUR. The sales personal Mr. SUDEEP GHOSH MALLIK residing in BAHULA came to my home to sale the product and installed it. During one year of warrantee period he came several times to check the performance of machine. So we were quite satisfied with the service. But in 2007 after almost one year he came and suggested me to make a service contract for one year in RS.1600/- which covers free service and damages if any.

Then he never turned up. he disconnects the mobile when we call. we want strict action against these cheats.

• Ps
      15th of Nov, 2008

I purchased a water purifier machine from Eureka Forbes, Aquagaurd Reviva RO, from Chennai and after initial warranty - I had gone for AMC for the contract. In the last year, Only one or two times only the technician came and later I had come to know that the person has leftthe service. Now again I had to go for another AMC contrct as the same has expired.

We had made a request through Chennai Euroline on 12.11.2008 to send a technician to attend the problems related to the water purifier, we were informed that the same will be attended to - But so far, even after 72 hrs nobody turned up. Several reminder calls were made. Each time - false promises are being made that the technician will come in another 3-4 hours like that. But nobody turns up.
    The supervisors are also not available.
    We do not know the reasons for making false promises; One of the following reaons could be the factor:

1) There is a manpower shortage
    2) Your orders are overbooked
    3) Customers interest not to to given priority.

This is being brought up to your notice for remedial measure.
    Will also make a call from Chennai to Mumb ai to officially lodge a complaint.

Santhanam

• Pr
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I have purchased Eureka Forbest Water Purifier from Vijay Sales Pune on 2nd of October 2008. Model DESIGNA (GL30OCTABC) Chasis No. DESIGNA 3123, for Rs. 5990/-.

I brought the purifier at home but Till 10th of NOvember 2008, no one came for installation. Therefore i called another person and from whom i got the purifier installed by making expnases form my own pocket, though the company offers installation free.

But now i am worried about the service part of it as the filter is rquired to be replaced frequently. Who will help me? I tried calling Vijay SAles but they are more interested in selling the product, and does not bother about the after sales part.

Kindly guide me.

• Um
      26th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

I have shifted my office from Boring road patna to MIG-155, Opp Petrol Pump, Lohia Nagar, Kankarbagh, Patna - 20. I have given so many calls for installation of my equaguard. No body has come for the same. Kindly send any expert for the same at the earliest.
    Thanks,
    Umesh Kumar Singh
    Mob - 9934318004

• Ha
      25th of May, 2009

Dear Eureka Service Manager

I purchased Water purifier one year ago and till date none has turned up for the service.
    Can I expect a proactive approach and "After Sales" service support from you?

This complaints is from "Tumkur" city in Karnataka State.

Pls do contact me on my mobile : +91 97400 89521

Expecting a speed in your response,

Regards
    Harish

• Sw
      8th of Sep, 2009

thee service and sale person of eureka are fraud .No after sales service is availabl even though you pay them for amc, they also replace old damage part but cheat you by replacing with cheap local, duplicate part.THE SAHARANPUR BRANCH IS A FRAUD AND
    CHEATER BRANCH, PEOPLE ARE REQUESTED-TO BE AWARE OF EUREKA FORBES

• Ku
      18th of Nov, 2009

highly agree to it that Eureka forbes is really bad in service. The products work fine but when it comes to reapair service they don't come. Its been a month, I want to repalce the broken pipe nobody has come. I have to boil the water & drink. The machine is under contract, then too ... They are very poor in service & irritating. Never buy anything form Eureka Forbes.