Etravelscam

M Review updated:

This company is a rip off. I was contacted today by a rep who informed me that I had paid for a trip to orlando and daytona beach florida a two yrs ago. He indicated that I needed to give $99.00 in order to protect my 400.00 that I previously paid. Not thinking, I jumped at the chance. I gave him my c. C. #and he taped the conf. After hanging up I immediately realized that it may be a scam. I tried calling the numbers he gave me and I went to their website. There was a problem with the numbers and the website was generic. I then called my bank and I reported my c. C. Lost, in an attempt to stop all transactions. I then called the number on etourandtravel instead of etravel which the rep previously gave me. I finally got a rep who stated that I give them 24 hrs call back to cancel. She was very vague. I knew better then to give anyone my c. C. Numbers over the phone. Beware they are rip offs. They cant be contacted after they get your money. There is no such trip or reservations.

More Etravel Complaints & Reviews

• S
      Nov 28, 2017

Do NOT USE MYTRIP they will steal your money and wont give you an answer ON TIME.

So i got my ticket to go back to Ecuador on August 15 2017. I wanted to change my flight to go back earlier, but the charges to do so were waaay over the top, between $1.200 – $1.500 (i ticket that was around $300) so it was better for me to just wait to go back on the initial date.

On FRIDAY OCTOBER 27 i get an email from MYTRIP saying this

“We have received a notification in our system that the status of one or more of the flights in your reservation has been changed/cancelled by the airline.”
    I called them on Monday 30 because AND BE CAREFULL WITH THIS, this company only works from Monday to Friday from 9h00 – 17h00 and Saturdays from 9h00 – 13h00 Madrid time, so i was not able to communicate with them in my schedule (a travelers schedule which is a common thing between people that is TRAVELING right?) Anyway, in this call, which by the way they record, the lady who I spoke with told me that in fact the LATAM flight was cancelled (I also made my research in the airline website and Google flights and the flight was no longer available, not appearing in the search). So she told me they would contact me back to define my refund.

So on NOVEMBER 4 I sent and email because I had no answer yet.

Since they didn’t answer my emails, I call back (spending my Skype money, because of course this “company” doesn’t have a chat, Skype line or anything that will make a better experience or service for their clients). Rhein, answer the call (I ask for a name this time since the last time the lady didn’t answer back and I wanted someone behind my case).

Again, they told me that indeed they flight was canceled, that they were sorry for not answering back and they are going to talk to the airline just to confirm what happened and get back to me. This was on NOVEMBER 7, and they also ask me to give them 48 hours to give me a answer.

My return ticket was suppose to be for NOVEMBER 14, by this time, since I got no answer since my first call and emails I got another ticket to go back to Ecuador on this day the 7 of NOVEMBER (because I cannot stay in a country without a return ticket just because MY TRIP didn’t answer back and i assume they were going to do the right thing, which was give me a full refund).

Since they don’t work 24/7 like most travel agencies do, they call me on NOVEMBER 9 at 3am to ask me the following: “Apologized for that early call. We would like to request the new itinerary that you booked and you have flown so that we can use that document to request full refund from the airline. If you have a copy of that itinerary that you have bought and flown, please send it to us and we will forward it to the airline for them to know that you are in Ecuador already.” I was already in Ecuador by then and of course I send them the screenshot of my ticket. I think in this call they told me that my flight was in fact not canceled but change. THEY TOLD ME THIS 5 DAYS BEFORE I WAS SUPPOSE TO FLY.

And after that I got no answer back. I sent an email on NOVMEBER 13

On NOVEMBER 14, they answer to my previous emails:

“Good Day!
    I received your email and I would like to inform you that as of the moment we are still awaiting the airlines response. I am chasing the airlines to get there answer since the first day we talked and as of the moment I do not have the answer yet. Rest assured that I am working on our request with them. Please wait for the next update.
    For any further information please don't hesitate to contact us.

On NOVMEBER 15 they ask for the screenshot where they say the flight was cancelled. “”Something that they already had and I also reply from that email to them. Just in case and to make sure to follow the process I resend the email in a screenshot.
    “Dear Ms. CAMILA PINTO,
    Good Day!
    Latam Airlines is requesting for the email you received stating that your flight was cancelled. Please forward that Cancellation email to us so that we can send it to the airline.
    For any further information please don't hesitate to contact us.”
    At this point i feel like they are just making me lose time or trying to make me tired. They should just refund me and deal with the logistics with the airline by themselves.

On NOVEMBER 17 I get a “Rate us email” follow by this email.

Dear Ms. CAMILA PINTO,
    We would like to inform you that we have an answer from LATAM airlines. As per LATAM, they can not authorized full refund of the ticket unless you have an email from LATAM stating that your flight got cancelled. If you have an email from the airline then they can ask a waiver from their headquarters a waiver.
    For any further information please don't hesitate to contact us.

On NOVEMBER 19 I re explained everything to them again, trying to make them understand how is this no fare and is disrespectful since they are the ones that send and confirm the email.

I have no answer. I send a email on NOVMEBER 24 “Hello,

Im still waiting for the refund or at least an answer about who can i escalate this issue.”
    I get no answer to this email either.

On NOVEMBER 27 i resend the previous email.

And today NOVEMBER 28 i get this email:

Dear Ms/Mr CAMILA PINTO,
    We would like to inform you that for any change or cancellation our agency charges $50.00. In case of cancellation your e-ticket fare is non-refundable, and the refundable amount is less than our service fee of $50.00. Therefore, if you choose to proceed with the cancellation of your ticket, no amount will be refunded.

To which i answer this: “I DID NOT CANCEL THE TICKET!! you send me an email telling me that was cancel/change when i call YOU confirm this so ITS YOUR FAULT i have been over this issue for weeks, even before i got my new plane ticket to come back to Ecuador because YOU took so long in give an answer back and i could wait anymore. This is your responsability.

I want to speak to someone in charge or this website or who should i address a demand?”
    CAN YOU BELIVE THIS? These guys are thieves masked on an online company.

They have total responsibility for this; MYTRIP was the one sending the first email with the “update concerning my flight” and then confirming that my flight was canceled, and then saying that they will make a refund after they can verify that I was already in Ecuador. And of course because i got my ticket from them, i pay them and they will have to answer!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I have been really patient about this whole issue, but this is too much. Is not only the ticket, my credit card charges fees for this, my Skype credit to call them, my energy, my time and all the trouble they gave me to answer with that?
    I have been doing my research about them and I know I’m not the only one, if anyone else feels like they have been robed from MY TRIP contact me in this review so we can talk about a way to make justice with them.. By the way I’m posting this review on every portal and platform I can.