eTrade — They blocked my account
Well I’m now into my 3rd week of dealing with Etrade blocking my account because supposedly it had been "violated" by somebody from overseas. I was in Indonesia at the time and they allowed me access to about $1000 before shutting down my account. Since then, they have stated they need to verify my identity before fedexing a new banking card...
They continually promise FedEx tracking numbers with security tokens, but inevitably come up with excuses such as "FedEx said the zip code was wrong", "I’m checking into it". I have given them a 4 day deadline before I start engaging legal help.
If anybody has had a similar experience and resolved it... I’d appreciate knowing. This is my primary money source with most of my savings and funds.
I'd love to hear other stories or successful resolutions.
One idea was to literally sit on the phone and call every 10-15 min until they got weary.
More eTrade Complaints & Reviews
- eTrade - Fraud and scam 
- eTrade - Holding My Funds 
- eTrade - They Closed My Account and Kept my Funds 
- eTrade - Customer service is helpless to assist! 
- eTrade - Cash Transfer
- Etrade Financial - Etrade holding my money hostage
- E*Trade Financial - frozen account without reason
- eTrade - Etrade is a theif 
- eTrade - ETrade = thieves & crooks 
- eTrade - Lost access to my account.