Etour And Travel / Fraud and cheating!

Etour and Travel put us up in a hotel in Daytona, FL that was absolutely disgusting. There was mold on the wall by the bed, a dirty plate next to the bed, crumbs on the floor, a used bar of soap in the shower, hair on the tub and floor of the bathroom, the kitchen was dirty and greasy smelling, the ceiling looked like it was about to fall in, and the bathroom drain in the tub was orange and discolored. The hotel was called "THE ISLANDER". When I checked in one person at the front desk said if we didn't like the room we would be able to switch rooms. So I called the front desk and another person said there were no more rooms. He sent a maintenance person up to the room and all he did was pick up the plate and said he would have the front desk call up to the room. They did not. So we called other hotels and had to pay for another hotel room for 2 nights!

Very poor service!

Comments

• De
      15th of Jan, 2008

That's a pretty good story considering if you go to http://www.etourandtravel.com/hotels.php You'll see that The Islander isn't even a hotel that Etour and Travel are contracted with...

• Br
      19th of Feb, 2008

This is the second time I've been taken by this company. I simply could not get away for a vacation for the first $398.00 trip so I felt that it was my fault that I didn't get my money back. However, this time I was assured by the salesman that I would have 30 days to look over the trip information. I looked at the brochures and the front of the so called contract. I tried to get through to them but after being on hold 10 min. decided to wait and call back. When I called today to cancel, I was informed that it was too late. I wonder if they have the computer system set up so that if your days to cancel are over you can get through , but if they aren't you are put on hold so that you can't cancel via telephone. Thanks for the vent.

• Ca
      16th of Jun, 2008

DO NOT EVER GO WITH E TOUR & TRAVEL! IT RUINED OUR SON'S DREAMS OF GOING TO FLORDIA!!! ALL WE GOT FROM THEM WAS "OH I AM SO SORRY" BEFORE WE BOOKED WE ASKED SEVERAL QUESTIONSD AND THE ANSWERS THAT WE RECIEVED WERE LIES!!! WE HAD OVER $400.00 IN FEES THAT WE WERE ASSURED WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY UPON OUUR ARRIVAL IN FLORDIA. WE ONLY WERE ABLE TO EAT 2 MEALS A DAY AND SOMETIMES MY HUSBAND & I DID WITHOUT SO OUR SON COULD EAT. WE HAD TO BUDJET FOR EVERYTHING. AND THIS REALLY MESSED IT ALL UP. FROM PAYING AROUND $100.00 FOR PARKING AT THE MOTEL TO EXTRA TICKETS WE HAD TO BY THAT WERE SUPPOSE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE BUT WERE NOT TO A DEPOSIT OF $300. ON THE RENTAL CAR THAT WE WERE TOLD WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY UP FRONT BUT WOULD BE APPLIED TO OUR DEBIT CARD AND ACCESSED IF NEEDED UPOIN RETURN OF THE CAR. THEN WE WERE TOLD TAT IF WE GAVE THEM CASH WE WOULD GET IT BACK WHEN WE RETURNED THE CAR. WRONG!!! THEY HAVE TO MAIL THE REFUND TO US. WE HAD TO GO TO SOME FRIENDS OF OURS SO WE WOULD HAVE $ TO COME HOME ON. (WE LIVE IN SOUTHERN MISSOURI AND FLEW OUT OF KANSAS CITY). OVER 300 MILES. WE WERE ALSO TOLD WE WOULD GET A $100. GAS CARD. WE DID NOT!!! OUR MOTEL WAS OVER 40 MILES FROM THE AIRPORT AND MORE TO ANY OF THER ATTRACTIONS WE HAD INTENDED ON SEEING. TIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICE BURG. WE WILL NEVER AGAIN TRUST A VACATION PACKAGE!!!EVER!!!

• La
      30th of Jan, 2010

I just purchased a 119. dollar package. I am confused about alot of these complaints it seems to be some of you did not take the vacation. So i can not see how you can complain.. I recommend you do research on the place you will be staying. Me and my husband buy packages like this every year i research each hotel i recommend a condo i check to see how close i am to theme parks. i hope i will not be dissapointed i will post an update of our stay...
    But i am fully aware that i give my credit card # and my account will be charged.. I have 15 days to cancel that's what i was told. I am not planning on canceling 6nights, 2 tickets or car rental i pick 2 tickets for 119.00 ok i might upgrade for 39. dollars a night a total 360.00 plus tax but i go to Florida every year, 1 night in a 2 bedroom condo would cost 200. dollars. I see this as a deal. Just have to give 3 hours of your time... Well that is how much time they take from us.