Etisalat / Very rude and irresponsible behavior of customer service!

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Dear Respected H.E. Mohammad Khalfan Al Qamzi,
(UAE Minister of Economy H.E. Mohammad Khalfan Al Qamzi,
Chief Executive Officer of Etisalat)

I am very sorry to inform YOU that I have decided to formally file a complaint against a certain “Khalid”, one of your employee/staff at the Mall of Emirates, working in Virgin shop – section Cellucom an Etisalat service handling section with regards to the severe and worst experience I have ever had in my 25 years in UAE.

To wit, that today (18th of October 2008), in the morning when I go to buy a BlackBerry Bold mobile from Emirates Mall – Virgin – Cellucom, then I ask the new BlackBerry Bold mobile he said to me we cannot give the mobile with out SUBSCRIPTION, immediately I said to him (Khalid-Etisalat technician) I already subscribed (for your refernce-[protected]) Unlimited Global connection, but again he said to me they need to presubscribed the connection, immediately I call Etisalat and our IT department the same they said to me no need any subscription because I have already subscripted blackberry service.

What concerns me is Khalid’s unwilling to give assistance to me as I requested. On the contrary, he rudely and arrogantly insisting my requested item that is New Blackberry Bold Mobile.
It means he don’t know how to deal with the customers and I said to him I need to talk with your Supervisor and am waiting there 20minutes after that the supervisor come and he talk with me rude words and unrelieved character with me at all.

Thanks & Regards

Comments

Dr
  27th of Oct, 2008
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am so frustrated with the way you dealing with my complaint.

On 17/10/08, at 10:15 AM, I contacted your customer services to ask for tariff for calling abroad (UK and Egypt). After a lengthy discussion, I was advised that favourite country plan is not the best option for me, and I better use the off peak options where calls to Egypt is 1.42 AED/min and less for UK. Hence I asked the lady to cancel the “favourite country plan” option. She said it will take 24 hours to cancel. Same day, I topped up my account for 25 AED.

On 18/10/08 at 14:15 hrs (24 hrs after cancelling the favourite country plan), I made a call to Egypt. Call duration was 05:56 min. Then I checked my balance and it was around 11 AED!!!

I was surprised on the cost I paid for < 6 min. call on “off peak time”, so I contacted the customer immediately (14:30 hrs on 18/10/08) services to enquire why I paid too much for the call. No answer was given, but the chap who answered my call said that my “favourite country plan” still there!! I asked him to cancel it AGAIN, and he said yet again it will take 24 hrs to cancel!!! Also, I logged a complaint for the extra charges that I paid as a result of not cancelling the plan.

He advised me to contact the customer services after 48 hours to get an answer for my complaint.

So, I called yesterday 21/10/08 around 4 PM to see the outcome of my complaint. To my surprise, the “Favourite country plan” still not cancelled.

Do you think this is the kind of customer service you would like to have in your company? There is no information provided either with the sim card or on your website on the phone charges for international calls. Also, the only way to cancel a service is to do it via your inefficient customer service department.

Why should I pay extra for the incompetency of your staff? Why there is no information of the charges provided with the sim card or on your website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Dr. E E Aly

Es
  20th of May, 2009
In Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, near Old LuLu Supermarket near Al Bakal grocery and the vicinity are enjoying free internetwireless connection. They can catch up without subscribing or paying monthly dues. So it is really unfair to those people who are honestly subscribing. kindly check about it.
Thanks you.